1.) Merge Servers
I think this is really essential to the long term subsistence of OMDU. Long Que times is regularly quoted as being why people are not playing - they don't want to wait for a game. Merging the servers would a) reduce wait times and b) provide more balanced matches as there will be a larger pool to match-make from.
2. Sabotage - Accept with no rank
While I don't personally see a problem with playing with low levels as I see it as a way to build the community and potentially gain huge rewards for very little risk, many players express that they do not want to risk rank by playing with a low level random. Feedback on this suggestion would be very helpful - if you are qued solo and got match-made in a 3v3 would you be more likely to play if you could choose to gain or lose no rank from the match? I think it would probably have to be chose this on the "Game Ready!" screen to reduce possibility of cheating.
- biggest concern would be if team tries to plant "4th player" on opposing team but if someone wants to cheat this way they can also just use alt account so not sure if this would increase this issue. Also havent seen this behavior often so hopefully this option would not cause said behavior to increase.
3. More Help In Understanding Sabotage
Things can be adjusted to make people new to sabotage be able to pick up the game faster. Eg. Many people don't know to look for immolation staff and lose cades.
- Add potential rift points for each summon minion consumable.
- Tutorial for Sabotage like Siege used to have.
- Match made Sabotage games so experienced players can teach new players without risk to rank.
4. Allow Allies to Sell Traps as Default
I like that you can prevent people from selling traps for cases with trolls, but I remember back when I started playing I didn't know my traps weren't sellable. I assumed since I could sell their traps that they could sell mine.
- Trap sell by default would make it easier for all new players to coordinate
- Ability to turn off would prevent trolling
- Add info about trap selling to tutorial or hero ability info at beginning of match.
5. More Obvious that Both Gates are Open
I have seen many new players be confused by the switching door colours in sabo.
- Depending on account level doors open in different order
- Yellow gates are often ignored by new players as they don't realize summoned minions still come through
- On some maps summoned minion doors show up as black when should be yellow
Solution: Sabotage tutorial would help with this. Or maybe make open gates flash on mini map if open (draws attention). New message for announcer to say something about both gates being open?
I'm sure as a community we can come up with more ideas, this is just a start - feel free to add!
OMDU - RPG Adventure
Up to 3 players may embark on a difficult dungeon with monsters, events and bosses delving into the lore of OMD and going on the offensive against the enemies of the RIFT.
Trap currency will be earned throughout the dungeon by killing enemies and opening instance chests within the adventure.
A low or variable trap cap will allow adventurers to place traps to aid them in their quest.
Traps can be sold at any time, but no currency will be refunded. It is also recommended to implement a “sell oldest trap” command, in case a trap near the start of the level was forgotten.
Within the dungeon, patrols of enemies may block a path and attack the players if they get too close.
At certain points in the adventure, an event may occur spawning enemies to fight in waves while attempting to complete a puzzle, task or defend an objective.
At the end of dungeon levels or areas, a multi-phase boss may be encountered. These bosses should be an extreme challenge with varying mechanics based on their health or attack phase and should generally have an animation indicator prior to using devastating attacks.
Optionally, bosses may spawn adds to heal them, buff them, or attack the player.
Optionally, bosses may banish players from the battle making them have to go through a short solo path to get back into the fight and assist their friends.
Fail StatePeriodically re-spawn checkpoints will be unlocked, so that players can recover from death closer to the action.
While an Encounter is active, there may be a long respawn timer or a blocked respawn until the encounter is complete.
If all players are simultaneously dead, the game is considered lost.
RewardsSuccessfully completing a quest will reward the player with an Adventure chest for first time completions.
Adventure chests may contain standard traps, parts, gibs, traits, guardians, items, consumables… etc.
Additionally, adventure chests may contain exclusive adventure skins, titles, backgrounds, badges… etc.
Additionally, a new mechanic may be added for Adventure mode, whereby chests will reward the player rewards according to this mechanic.
The new mechanic could include meta-game upgrade trees, special "adventure mode only" items and/or consumables, a set of weapon and armor slots that can only be filled with gear found in adventure mode chests... etc.
Thus, one may need to farm the Tier 1 gear in order to be powerful enough to enter the Tier 2 dungeon and farm Tier 2 gear.
Robot Entertainment staff members are allowed to address any behavior in Orcs Must Die! Unchained that violates the Code of Conduct or Terms of Service.
Do not spam chat.
Community and Customer Support Decisions
It is our great pleasure to officially announce the first official [NuNs] (Ninja Assault Nuns event)! Our members, with the support of @Harmonia, have collaborated to create a competition that we hope will provide a fresh new way to look at endless mode, with an emphasis on increasing community participation and giving the cooperative experience a welcome boost. As a valued part of the OMD:U community you are invited to participate in this event, which is a small step in an ongoing effort by NuNs to provide an even greater experience for all players and to help you feel more rewarded for the efforts you make in completing the diverse content the game has to offer.
The NuNs community event features the new “Castle Gates” endless map for levels 26 and over. No one as yet has played or had time to test different strategies for this map so we are confident that this will be a fresh, new, and engaging experience for every one of you. Future events will tackle existing maps but this one is a blank slate!
Rules for joining the event:
1. Everyone that would like to participate is invited to team up with two friends to form a three-member party. Each team must assign a party leader and that person will post on the forum link provided with both the in-game name of each player in his party. Only 3-player parties will be included in this event. This event is only for PC players.
Note: teams that do not sign up to participate cannot compete and will not be considered for prizes. You *must* register to be part of the event.
2. EACH team member will then add Ragnarosorak as a friend in game. This is necessary because as adjudicator, he will be recording each teams score on the map, individually.
Note: please refrain from asking questions in game as you can imagine he would be too busy to answer them. Feel free to ask any question you might find necessary on this thread.
3. The event will start immediately after the patch is released on the 1st of November, and will last for 7 days, ending at 10 am Central time on Wednesday the 8th of November. During this time every team will attempt to achieve the highest score they can.
4. At the end of the 7th day we will stop the event and the winners will be announced shortly afterwards.
5. After the announcement the names will be sent to @Harmonia and her team will award each player with a skin/dye of THEIR OWN CHOOSING!
Note: prizes must be available to purchase from the in-game shop at the time of the event, via chest or direct purchase. No exclusive, limited, or promotional skins are eligible.
6. Prizes will be awarded to each player in the winning teams that finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively, so there are 9 prizes up for grabs in total.
Thank you for being part of this,