Server Maintenance - December 1, 2016

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
edited November 2016 in The Archive

Attention War Mages!

The news you’ve been waiting for since our last major announcement is finally here. OMDU maintenance will begin much earlier than usual this week as the servers are brought offline Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Central to begin work for the update and progress reset. Note: The official North American website and forums will NOT be available for the duration of this extended maintenance.

Keep an eye out on the forums, blog, and social media for LOTS of details later this week!

~Harmonia

Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Finally patch maintenance... #HYPE

But the real question:

When will they come up? :D
  • GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    Really #soon now!
  • Void2258Void2258 Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited November 2016
    This was never addressed: Will you give founders a week after the patch drops to decide AFTER playing the patch if they want refunds or not or are you still insisting we need to do it before (and since you didn't give us a weeks notice, you can't say it's too late to make that decision now)?
  • SiopilosSiopilos Member
    edited November 2016
    I hope not to fail again, and this time you will make a game without bugs/exploits and without more wipe progeress!!!
    Post edited by Siopilos on
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited November 2016
    Siopilos said:
    I hope not to fail again, and this time you will make a game without bugs/exploits and without more wipe progeress!!!
    I'm sure there will be some bugs, it's still in beta :). But hey, that just means you can tell them about them to get them fixed faster than a normal launched game (which is what, usually never?).
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • ZedkenZedken Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Siopilos said:
    by no means did they fail im more pissed off than some over these wipes and the removal of pvp but this is still not a failure in my opinion this is a swerve to avoid failure because the game would have been terrible if they couldnt find a way to keep pvp and pve alive but they sat down said "well orc we gotta do something" and they did it and i applaud that its not easy to step back and realize you where too ambitious 
    but ya for real no more wipes.........
  • Nice  B)
  • SiopilosSiopilos Member
    edited November 2016
    Juicy said:
    Siopilos said:
    I'm sure there will be some bugs, it's still in beta :). But hey, that just means you can tell them about them to get them fixed faster than a normal launched game (which is what, usually never?).

Of course the community must report the bugs and then Dev’s need to fix them. I hope that they will be able to fix the bugs this time and not reboot again the game.

Zedken said:
    Siopilos said:
    by no means did they fail im more pissed off than some over these wipes and the removal of pvp but this is still not a failure in my opinion this is a swerve to avoid failure because the game would have been terrible if they couldnt find a way to keep pvp and pve alive but they sat down said "well orc we gotta do something" and they did it and i applaud that its not easy to step back and realize you where too ambitious 
    but ya for real no more wipes.........

I’m more pissed off about their lying "We have no more wipes planned. Your progress is yours to keep starting March 29th!" and instead of avoid the wipe they prefer to edit the post.

proof:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before:

After:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the big question is:

Can we trust Robot team to start again the game after wipe or more wipes will be coming?

Regards,

Siopilos

• SenatorBirdSenatorBird Member
    edited November 2016
    @Siopilos
    Sometimes I think the wipe they are doing is because a lot of players (I think it was a lot of players that were actively playing) had a lot of content unlocked already or all of it. With the wipe players will have to grind again and by consequence some people whom didn't spent money yet might do this time and some who spent money trying to skip grind might spend some more again... I mean I am just not 100% sure about their reasons for the wipe and I don't think some of the bonus are worth all we are loosing "/.

Btw I saw on steam that this maintainence will last days... op

(Write on the cellphone op)
  • Something is happening in my pants >.>  Don't keep me waiting too long robot.
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    So the big question is:

Can we trust Robot team to start again the game after wipe or more wipes will be coming?

Regards,

Siopilos

I mean, maybe I'm biased because I've been here awhile, but I've never seen anything that makes me go "man, they never consider the players". The phrase "We have no more wipes planned" is, to me, the same as any game saying that. And while most games indeed don't wipe, there are those that do, or that rollback, in emergency situations. And to be fair, half of the game is going to be gone, everything is being rebalanced - not just ingame, but also for crafting etc. etc. - literally everything is changing, I'd call that an emergency situation.

Don't get me wrong, it's unnerving to see "We aren't going to wipe again" and then 6 months later seeing "Guys.... we're gunna wipe." But at the same time, if they were to not wipe, there would need to be a conversion table for every single item ingame. Every type of material. Every trap level, every piece of gear, etc. Not everything is a 1-to-1 transition, and you would need a balance person to take alot of time to figure out that one. That's not including any potential backlash in the future from "This person played before the patch and had it earlier" and such. It's just unfortunately a better approach to wipe. That's why important things are being retained - dyes (I think?), specialty skins, that kind of thing. You have to unlock the stuff that you might have an unfair advantage about if it carried over, but the stuff that's important, the major milestones (like I said, I think dyes) are being sustained.

tl;dr - the idea isn't to screw the players, it's to make sure that players from before patch, and players after patch, are on an even playing field. I'm not a fan of it either, but it is the best solution IMO.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • ZedkenZedken Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Siopilos said:
    Juicy said:
    So the big question is:

Regards,

Siopilos

well they didnt break any promise on my option they said "no more wipes planned" im sure by no means they planned to rip away half their game but they had to in order to save the game and the player base as a whole they didnt say "no more wipes ever again!" but no wipes PLANNED and i know thats not much of a comfort but it doesnt seem to me they gave us reason to not trust them they offered refunds for those who bought into the founder packs for the pvp element and as far as i have seen (mind you im not omnipotent so  i may be wrong) they have done alot to work with the community instead of some games makers *cough* ea, 2k *cough*  (srry bit under the weather) who take preorder and any money spent and sprint away as fast as they can regardless of bugs and problems the community has 
    so i see what your saying but i dont think they are being dishonest 
    -love 
    zed 
  • Woo!About time... HAIL TO THE KING, BAB---- oh, sorry. Wrong game.
  • SoulsticeSoulstice Member, Early Access
    Siopilos 

They doing what they think is better for the community and for the game.

Lets wait before get to any conclusion.
  • SoulsticeSoulstice Member, Early Access
    Siopilos 

They doing what they think is better for the community and for the game.

Lets wait before get to any conclusion.