Release 1.7 Notes

124

Comments

  • edited January 15
    Jacowboy said:
    I would be in favour of speed varying more or less in those %, although I'd tweak a few things, but overall, yeah, definetly what should be the case...

    What I would personally suggest (but that's just me) is:

    • 90%: Bionka & Blackpaw (because he has Pounce to balance his mobility, whereas Bionka has a damage bonus).
    • 95%: Cygnus ('cause he's old :p )
    • 100%: Bloodspike, Gabriella, Hogarth, Max, Tundra, Stinkeye, Dobbin, Zoey
    • 105%: Ivy, Smolder 
    • 110%: Midnight, Oziel (because he's basically flying)
    • 115%: Smolder* (while heart of flame is active + upgrades?)
    • 120%: Midnight* (while invisible + upgrades?)
    Yeah, details. The only thing I'd be concerned about with in this spread is giving Cygnus and Blackpaw a penalty. Cyngus is old, but I think he actually needs fairly decent speed to support this turret-retreat play style - he needs the extra time to cast the rift and needs the damage avoidance because he's squishy. Blackpaw can just be high mobility all around and I think that's okay - I don't think there is a good reason to penalize him. But, again, that's just details.

    Edit:  If I was going to penalize anybody -5% it would be Tundra, because he has a lot of ranged CC, a decent health pool, and an escape. 
    Post edited by Hypovolemic on
  • Ugh. Dunno how I feel about the unchained meter change. Some of the characters seem a tad underwhelming (particularly at lower levels) except for their ability to generate unchained more rapidly than others.
  • @hypovolemic multiple people have complained about unchained unbalancing a lot of things in the game due to being too easily gained and making account level grinding more powerful than trap acquisition. My stance on it is neutral but it will reinforce trap acquisition which could be good for the bottom dollar of Robot Ent.

    Everyone seemed to complain about bionka's damage, i don't really feel like it's warranted because of it handicapping her trap loadout due to her low mobility but as @ShadeDev said, they'll adjust if she's too bad. The increased cooldown on beat dem back was likely reactionary due to it's unprecedented heavy knockback and easily one shotting larger enemies due to it also making them take bonus physics damage (4x damage when in the air i think).

    Also bionka had a bug that allowed her to stay in unchained for minutes due to her unchained guage being able to fill up while in combat while unchained just from scoring kills. i'd like to see how she plays unbugged before i give any final assessment on the character.

    @Jacowboy
    Don't nerf my wulf man! Blackpaw has to pay for his damage with mana and adding more costs to his movement would make melee a sub par choice in many maps due to them having to close distance to deal damage.

    Other than that a lot of folks have asked for visible speed descriptions on the heroes, i think that'd be a WONDERFUL thing to add to the hero info. maybe we'll see it in the future? As well as things like starting mana (since it seems to be static for most characters)? 
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • I'm curious about how those bundles work on EU vs NA because they are being sold for skulls but at EU we can't buy skulls with gold.
  • I know most people use speed pads with Bionka, but there's another way to go that doesn't require a rare tower.... overtrapping other lanes. if it's a 4 lane map, pick 2 of the ones that are closer/easier to defend and add 30% extra towers on the far lanes. Chances are they won't make it through that lane and you only have to focus on defending your two priority lanes.... i did all of rift lord with her without the speed pads

    yes she seems soooo slow... but powerful still, the fact that she can 2-3 shots many of the bosses with standard hits... reducing 30% will mean 700 dmg instead of 1000, would require 3 instead of 2 hits.... Something else she seems to have over most is armor/toughness.... which in 90% of the RPGs out there see extra armor = less speed (gain one lose the other)

    A silver lining for some to think about, considering she shows up on every other map as an adversary... maybe she'll no longer 1-2 shot us, with her speed most heroes can kite her, and must if they want to live.... if she's not slower than the rest of the heroes... what then? I usually die if i don't get a successful alpha strike on her

    I'm hoping that with the unchained updates, and her skills might make it so she can still unchained often.... who knows she might be the only char who can unchain 7-10 times a match... she does have the specials to compensate for it... but that's all based on whether successive unchain is exponentially harder or just linearly

    Either way we'll know more tomorrow, it's still alot of guessing and worst case doom/gloom/fear

    If you do think it's going to be truly horrible and you already have Bionka, I suggest clearing all the maps out there with her before the patch, atleast they gave us the patch notes a week early and warned us ahead of time
  • Drathmar said:
    I know most people use speed pads with Bionka, but there's another way to go that doesn't require a rare tower.... overtrapping other lanes. 

    That's a great suggestion and to expand on it, you don't exactly have to over-trap, just do it efficient enough that nothing gets out.  If it's a lane that satyrs are the primary concern, you can just do 3 grinders with tar (depending on grinder level and map level), each one spread out down the path so their shield runs out by the time they get to the next one.  And place them where they round a corner (so you don't even have to waste money on barricades if you do it right).  Try out different combinations to find out which ones work better for lanes.
  • I just really, really hope that this patch fixes the bug where you can't pause the game in single player.  You listened to the numbers as to which gameplay we prefer, now check the numbers for how many of us play mainly single-player. 

    PLEASE implement a pause already.  If multiplayer is the sticking point for why you won't (which it shouldn't be - allow 3 pauses a game, and allow any player to unpause), then just make it a single-player only feature.
  • Caustical said:
    I just really, really hope that this patch fixes the bug where you can't pause the game in single player.  You listened to the numbers as to which gameplay we prefer, now check the numbers for how many of us play mainly single-player. 

    PLEASE implement a pause already.  If multiplayer is the sticking point for why you won't (which it shouldn't be - allow 3 pauses a game, and allow any player to unpause), then just make it a single-player only feature.
    It's not a bug, that's a requested feature.  We have discussed it and we are considering it.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Thank you, pausing the game would be a greatly appreciated, even just in solo play, don't know how many times I've died due to random things coming up in real life
  • ShadeDev said:

    Balance is NOT about making everyone equal, it's about maximizing playstyles.

    In a PvP game, being equal is what results in a maximum number of playstyles.  In a PvE game, massive diversity in stats and abilities does a better job.  It's okay that certain heroes have a hard time beating certain maps without certain gear.  In fact, that's a good thing, it gives you something to work towards and offers replayability.
              No one likes grinding and rng loot systems get it through your head. You are not adding replay ability you are making it a chore to play the game the way people want to play it and it turns people off to it. This game could be great as a fun party game. However, you kill that because it takes so much grinding that convincing anyone to pick this up for fun is borderline impossible. Your game should have a simple and quick unlock system with all traps being easy to obtain and making parts harder to get for only small added bonuses.

              If your competitive system is leader boards let people get to that fast. There is more replay ability in trying to get #1 on the leader board than there is in telling me i need to grind for a 100 hours to get traps and upgrades to make me good enough to even compete. Reward top 10 players/teams with new exclusive skins or something worth while. Put competitive maps on a rotation so that it is different every month/week on which maps people need to work for giving a reason for people to work out better strats on every map. Simple little things like this make your game both competitive and fun instead of it feeling like you are grinding away at an endless pay wall. 
  • Is brimstone really supposed to cost 1k skulls for just 1? It seems like such a drastic difference when compared to the hero hunter arrow wall.
  • eronth said:
    Is brimstone really supposed to cost 1k skulls for just 1? It seems like such a drastic difference when compared to the hero hunter arrow wall.
    That's a bug, it should be 50 brimstones.
  • eronth said:
    Is brimstone really supposed to cost 1k skulls for just 1? It seems like such a drastic difference when compared to the hero hunter arrow wall.
    That's a bug, it should be 50 brimstones.
    Is it a visual bug or a mechanical bug. In other words, is buying going to get me 50 brimstone even though it says 1?
  • xGpZx said:
    ShadeDev said:

    Balance is NOT about making everyone equal, it's about maximizing playstyles.

    In a PvP game, being equal is what results in a maximum number of playstyles.  In a PvE game, massive diversity in stats and abilities does a better job.  It's okay that certain heroes have a hard time beating certain maps without certain gear.  In fact, that's a good thing, it gives you something to work towards and offers replayability.
              No one likes grinding and rng loot systems get it through your head. You are not adding replay ability you are making it a chore to play the game the way people want to play it and it turns people off to it. This game could be great as a fun party game. However, you kill that because it takes so much grinding that convincing anyone to pick this up for fun is borderline impossible. Your game should have a simple and quick unlock system with all traps being easy to obtain and making parts harder to get for only small added bonuses.

              If your competitive system is leader boards let people get to that fast. There is more replay ability in trying to get #1 on the leader board than there is in telling me i need to grind for a 100 hours to get traps and upgrades to make me good enough to even compete. Reward top 10 players/teams with new exclusive skins or something worth while. Put competitive maps on a rotation so that it is different every month/week on which maps people need to work for giving a reason for people to work out better strats on every map. Simple little things like this make your game both competitive and fun instead of it feeling like you are grinding away at an endless pay wall. 
    This one billion times. Making me repeat the same map over and over again is not fun. FORCING me to play with heroes that I don't like is not fun.

    For the love of God stop adding carrots to the game and let me create my "own" carrot. Work on different gameplay mechanics, new minions, new traps etc instead of adding artificial (i.e repetitive) content.
  • Myself and everyone I play with, who are all OMD 1&2 players, want to see the "Trap Limit" removed. This one thing, as much as any other, is making this game less fun than 1&2.
  • Myself and everyone I play with, who are all OMD 1&2 players, want to see the "Trap Limit" removed. This one thing, as much as any other, is making this game less fun than 1&2.
    Won't happen.  Server limitations. 
  • edited January 18
    Myself and everyone I play with, who are all OMD 1&2 players, want to see the "Trap Limit" removed. This one thing, as much as any other, is making this game less fun than 1&2.
    Won't happen.  Server limitations. 
    I understand that after their colossal screw up with the entire initial concept and production of OMDU, the Dev team is doing their best to make the game better, and it is getting better. But sadly, this new and different PvP engine choice and its server requirements will prevent this PvE game from ever matching up to the greatness of 1&2, because it's being forced to live a restricted life inside a PvP engine based prison.

    I'd love to see a true from the ground up OMD3 some day.
  • You guys should fire up OMD2 some time... it's not as amazing as you remember... 

    I mean, it's a great game, obviously, but for exemple... yes we have a cap now, and yes I agree it should be raised as much as possible... but in OMD2, while there was no cap, the game dropped less coin over time, which meant that at some point you could just not build anything anymore, or it'd take dozens of waves to put down a single trap down. So there was a limitation as well, it was just different =/
  • Someone at Robot should post this update and notes to the "Recent News" feed on the game on Steam. Otherwise, it looks like this game on steam is not updated with no recent news. The 1.6 patch was announced on Steam, but not 1.7
Sign In or Register to comment.