Why are game modes limited to 3 players?

Kinda late to the party on this one, but... Why is the game limited to three players? I recall when games generally allowed four players or multiples of four. Gamer groups based around that number are finding themselves forced to bench someone every time they want to play a 3-player-focused game. 

Answers

• JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    OMD!U used to be 5-player. The issue is that balancing it for 1, 2, 3, and 4 players requires alot of work. So much so, that the way the game was setup, 5 players felt like they were doing no damage, and 1 player felt overpowered. 1-3 players allows for a nicer balance, where 1 player doesn't feel drastically overpowered, but 3 doesn't feel like they're useless.

So basically, for balancing issues.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    How about some maps made specifically for 5 players then.  Or just for endless.
  • Bad MonkeyBad Monkey Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited February 4
    The Devs said that bumping the game up to 4 players hasn't been ruled out for some time in the future.
    Post edited by Bad Monkey on
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    Honestly I didn't like survival with 5 people... too messy and too many people trying to kill everything... and the trap count would be reached super quickly... :/

I think 3 player matches hits the sweet spot.