Largest combo possible for solo?

Is it possible to get 15?

Comments

• GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    Question: Are you maxed on combo generators. If no then there is an easy answer.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Are you counting guardian/environmental?

I can theorycraft a combo of 16 without the above.
  • Gorkster said:
    Question: Are you maxed on combo generators. If no then there is an easy answer.
    I don't have combo generator, none of the people I know has it, I doubt it is actually in the loot table.
    Are you counting guardian/environmental?

I can theorycraft a combo of 16 without the above.
    no guardian/environmental used
    don't theorycraft, post some proof
    It would be pretty hard and I don't own the ring of storms, so It would be too hard I think. The planets would have to align themselves and would take several tries while praying and begging to the RNG gods.
    I wouldn't know how you theory-craft that. Here is my count:

7 from traps (no cades allowed)
    2 from gear (e.g. fire bracelet, ring of storms)
    1 from slow totem slow
    1 from slow totem attacked stun
    1 from damage totem attack
    1 from lazer
    1 from LMB
    1 from RMB base damage
    1 from RMB stun weaver
    ===

There are a few of these that I haven't actually accurately confirmed that they indeed do add combo points. Needless to say you have about 4 seconds to pull off 2 LMB (one for stun totem, 1 for target), 1 correctly pre-timed RMB, 2 trinket actions, and have the lazer in correct position. And it needs to be timed to allow the independent totem attack and fit with trap timing. And have a mob that can sustain the full load of damage before dying on the last one.  Certainly very impressive to pull of a 15 with all the timing constraints. Given how few maps allow a no-cade loadout. 15 may be a realistic max on most maps even right now. Also with the Stinkeye rework you'll lose the laser so in the future the cap (if this one is correct) will be 15 anyway (14 with cade). 
    1 from slow totem slow
    1 from damage totem attack
    1 from lazer
    1 from LMB
    1 from RMB base damage
    1 from RMB stun weaver
    Did you test those?

I'm not sure about the 2 from the slow totem and the 2 of right click.

Altough I can think of 2 extra that you aren't listing. 
    Also I have yet to test if scroll of slow adds a combo point. I suspect it does. So with guardian, environment, and scroll there may be a theoretical 19 or so.

Now more interestingly what is the actual cap on 3 mans which is much more complicated to think about because it isn't even clear how to get the theoretical 7*3 trap combo points into the space available. Roughly the cap must be around 7*3 (traps) + 5 gear + 7 Stinkeye + 5 Midnight + 5 Oziel = 43 (If my guesses about weaver based combo options is correct). I don't think I have even seen a 20 yet though in random Pug play. If anyone is interested in trying some high comboing 3's I'd be interested!
    edited February 3
    I haven't done a lot of testing to be honest. I have tested that stinkeye's totem slow is a combo point and that stuns from concussive pounder also is a combo point. Based on that I am hypothesizing that all stun and slow effects create combo points no matter the source as long as the sources are different. There are instances where it's easy to see that it applies (such as Dobbins dust). But I haven't confirmed this for all abilities/weavers etc independently. The right click stun weaver and the stun from totem should be easy enough to test. I'll report once I get around to it. 

Edit: There is a chance that stuns and/or slows don't stack or don't stack in a straightforward way for combo purposes.
    Edit2: Actually some slows are confirmed to stack. Stinkeye totem+tar is stacking.
    Can confirm that tar+wallblade+slow totem+ slow totem stun = 4 combo. I tried to confirm that tar+wallblade+slow totem + slow totem stun + conc pounder= 5 but failed. I'm pretty sure I got the timing correct (even did a run where I place the execution trap after both stuns are applied. Max combo observed was 4.  So there is reason to believe that stuns do not stack (which does make some sense). For Stinkeye that would however mean that you might not be able to stack rmb stun and slow totem stun for an extra combo. Someome should test independently in case I'm bad ;)

Tested if lazer, damage totem attacks and LMB are separate combos and it turns out they are not. They each can add a combo point if used independently but they do not stack, i.e. they are all treated as versions of LMB.

Can confirm that slow scroll adds a combo point even if stacked with other slows (tar+stinkeye totem+slow scroll+wallblade=4).
    So to revise based on my tests:

7 from traps (no cades allowed, cannot include a stun)
    2 from gear (e.g. fire bracelet, ring of storms)
    1 from slow totem slow
    1 from damage totem attack or lazer or LMB
    1 from RMB
    ===
    13 1 from scroll of slow === 14
    Only untested assumption here is if RMB stun weaver applies a combo point and it it does if that one stacks with the totem stun. I am going with the assumption for now that no stuns stack. Given that I have no idea how to get even theoretically to 15. Note that an old guide claims that dots and direct damage apply separate stacks but I have tested that with various traps (scorcher, spitfire, webspinner) and have never observed it. For example scorcher, tar, stinkeye slow only yields a max 3 stacks, not 4.
    I suspect that the answer is kinetic resonator. It applies a snare that might apply a combo point. Unfortunately I have exactly 0 of those so no way for me to test.
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    edited February 4
    Fire traps definitely still add 2 combos: one from the dot and one from the damage.  You can test this by putting a brimstone in front of a wall blade.  If the wall blade kills that burning target it will be a 3x combo kill.  For whatever reason this isn't the case for arcane or ice traps (chill, frozen, and the arcane debuff all don't give an extra combo). 

Kinetic resonator definitely doesn't add combos.  I tested it by putting it on a grinder and brimstone and when the grinder killed a burning enemy it was only a 3x combo instead of 4x. 
    Thanks. I retested spitfire wall and brimstone. I got 3 combos with wallblades for each so yes, there is a combo point for the dot. It's very weird. I ran very similar tests and very definitely did not get the extra combo. I'll test more to figure out what caused this.

It also turns out that these dots do not stack for purposes of combo. brim+scorcher+wallblade=4 not 5.

Thanks for testing the resonator. Frankly I find it unintuitive that this doesn't add a combo point because all other sources of slows that I am aware of do add a point. But that's what it is, i guess. I wonder if it may be unintentional perhaps.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    edited February 4
    IIRC the damage burst from a fire trap always counted as 1 combo point and then the "burning" status (or DoT) was a separate combo point... or at least that's how I think it always was in previous games... So that's why two "burning status" might not count as 2 combo points... the DoT damage from both traps should stack tho... But hey, who knows :p
    The Fire interactions with damage and combos have been changing along the phases quite a bit. The last changes were:

All Fire traps apply a different DoT, the damage of those stack
    All Fire traps have direct damage that adds 1 combo (Not 2 of the same traps, every different trap, 1 combo point)
    Only 1 combo from the DoTs. All the DoT from traps/heroes/gear only count as 1 combo. (setting the minion on fire is one extra combo, but you won't get more than 1 foor applying more fire on it)

Also, all of you are missing a combo point:

Lightning splash damage. When a minion dies from lightning, it damages the minions nearby. That damage adds a combo point as far as I tested and I couldn't find anything that would share that combo point.
    I tried to reproduce the lightning explosion combo effect. I had wall blade and lightning ceiling traps. If I just let minions run through I get no 3 combos. Just for fun I ran through the kill area and did see sparing 3 combos. However minions were hitting me. So is it them hitting me or the lightning explosion? I tried very hard to get a kill box setup where I could get the 3rd combo without me having to be in the mix and I failed (tried on baths and surrounded first two waves). If the effect exists its very fickle.
    edited February 4
    @Gorkster Try charger and kill a bunch on a viscous tar

I'm pretty sure that it is a combo point, that or there is some trap in my deck that creates some extra combo which I didn't figure out. (6 traps + 2 trinkets + 3 hero + Fire combo but I got a x13)
    edited February 4
    @timemaster18 Not working for me. Tried on 4 maps (2 warmage and 2 RL difficulty). I made screenshots if needed. Not seeing 3 combos when wall charging minions on vtar.

Edit: I tried a whole bunch of ways to get the effect now. Including spamming all lightning effects (charger, sapper, rod and ring). I couldn't get the extra combo point. While absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence, if the effect exists its extremely rare/hard to produce.

In your case I'm leaning that the extra point is in the hero kit.