Largest combo possible for solo?

2»

Comments

• TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    I'll check further aswell, I don't think dobbin has any extra thing though.
  • GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    Untested, but Dobbin can add a dot to his slow. That may or may not add a combo point.
    Yes it does, 1 combo from each skill. RMB LMB and dynamite.
  • Does anyone know if the impact from Oziel's jar adds a combo point? Both Haunting Spirits and the slow from the Jar appear to. Oziel seems to generate more combo points than I expect, but I haven't tested thoroughly...
  • Gorkster said:
    @timemaster18 Not working for me. Tried on 4 maps (2 warmage and 2 RL difficulty). I made screenshots if needed. Not seeing 3 combos when wall charging minions on vtar.

Edit: I tried a whole bunch of ways to get the effect now. Including spamming all lightning effects (charger, sapper, rod and ring). I couldn't get the extra combo point. While absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence, if the effect exists its extremely rare/hard to produce.

In your case I'm leaning that the extra point is in the hero kit.
    It is difficult to distinguish whether the combopoint comes from the trap, or splash dmg. 
    In the normal case only heavy or large minions can get these two CPs and only if they are surrounded by at least one small minion.

• WynardtageWynardtage Member
    edited February 7
    3CP 
    1 LMB
    1 RMB
    1 Splash

no guardian or traps in range.
    gear not used

Splash dmg range seems to be very small.

Yep managed to reproduce. In fact I can confirm that Cygnus with stun on RMB weaver can solo x4 combos without traps. I.e. the stun does add a combo point (assuming there aren't other sources of stuns around that have already applied a stun combo point).
  • does anyone have reflective armor? does it give a combo?

My highest combo so far. No consumables and did not get to use my E. Theoretically Zoey's max combo hence must be 15 without consumables and 16 with. I'll work on it and see if it is practically possible. Comboing E is a tad tricky because of the long wind-up time.

Got an 18 combo under the following conditions: Deckhand guardian, 1 combo generator, no consumables. Did not get to use E again. This setup didn't high score because I was playing to solo the 15 combo achievement hence I was going for the most high combo opportunities rather than maintaining a high average combo. Clearly the deckhand is the bigger boost than the combo generator here.

The Guardian seems to add the 4x combo atleast twice, with the melee and ranged attacks, maybe three times with the special. So atleast x8 is probably from him.
    He only got his ranged attack on in this case (the way I build the killbox and where I got the actual combo). But yes perhaps someone can figure out a killbox that allows him to add both ranged and melee. I wonder if they stack though I suspect that they don't.
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Heck, I got a 10x in the weekly challenge off basically just me and the deckhand. He's definitely good for combos.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
    Tested some on Orcatraz. Yep looks like the deckhand individual +4 coin stacks from different attack do stack though I have never seen it stack more than twice. This means a 20+ combo should be very possible to do solo on Confluence.
    Yesterday I did an x21 combo at the weekly, my game crashed after that but I had around 950k points.

It seems like the Guardian is definetely able to give +12 combos by himself.
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    Gorkster said:
    Note that an old guide claims that dots and direct damage apply separate stacks but I have tested that with various traps (scorcher, spitfire, webspinner) and have never observed it. For example scorcher, tar, stinkeye slow only yields a max 3 stacks, not 4.
    I just tested scorcher and brimstone again to be sure and they definitely add 2 combos.  I just did brimstone -> wall blade and wall blade --> scorcher (so scorcher hits right before wall blade) and both of those gave 3 combos when the wall blade killed a burning target. 

Kinetic resonator doesn't add a combo as far as I can tell.  I tried grinder (kinetic) with brimstone (kinetic) in front and that was only 3 combos (two from brimstone, one from grinder).  I also tried grinder (kinetic) with vtar and that was zero combos when it should be 3 if kinetic added a combo. 

• SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    Gorkster said:
    Note that an old guide claims that dots and direct damage apply separate stacks but I have tested that with various traps (scorcher, spitfire, webspinner) and have never observed it. For example scorcher, tar, stinkeye slow only yields a max 3 stacks, not 4.
    I just tested scorcher and brimstone again to be sure and they definitely add 2 combos.  I just did brimstone -> wall blade and wall blade --> scorcher (so scorcher hits right before wall blade) and both of those gave 3 combos when the wall blade killed a burning target. 

Kinetic resonator doesn't add a combo as far as I can tell.  I tried grinder (kinetic) with brimstone (kinetic) in front and that was only 3 combos (two from brimstone, one from grinder).  I also tried grinder (kinetic) with vtar and that was zero combos when it should be 3 if kinetic added a combo. 

2»