• orzoorzo Member
    ShadeDev said:
    lordbeef said:
    What levels are the new maps? The notes don't say
    Master only.

• iAndyiAndy Member
    edited February 17
    SixOkay said:
    • Added functionality to loadout editor: Loadout changes made during hero select will now always be saved

Did you fix the issue where you select a different loadout on hero select, and it copies over the previously selected loadout if you make any changes to the 2nd loadout with the save box ticked?  If not this change will really bring attention that bug :)   I just leave that box unticked always so it doesn't mess up my loadouts. 

• - What is the point of the Steam trap?  It seems basically worthless especially since they don't take damage from it.  Wouldn't they at least take fall damage?  I could see it being useful if it had a lower cooldown.  Maybe I'm missing something.
    Mobs take extra damage while in the air. 4x damage, IIRC.
  • FluffinsterFluffinster Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    So, because Temper does not have mana, can he not use gear? Also, what about his Weaver upgrades?
  • on the chests, since it seems like we don't want to open any more chests till the patch is out (if your low on options)

Do chests decide loot when opened? or when you acquire them?
    or Should i stock pile chests and just not open them?
    Lastly, is there a limit to number of chests in stockpile?
  • The Reaper KingThe Reaper King Member, Early Access

- What is the point of the Steam trap?  It seems basically worthless especially since they don't take damage from it.  Wouldn't they at least take fall damage?  I could see it being useful if it had a lower cooldown.  Maybe I'm missing something.
    Wow, where did you find that information?  It isn't listed in the trap.  Thank you so much, that's a hugeee deal!
  • The main problem I have with this patch is that although we're heading in a good direction with the Summoner Trap to make it useful, putting the Revenge Rune on a 300 second timer seems excessive. The trap costs a lot and has a 2 count limit, what's the big deal if it destroys the mob that destroys it each time? It does not seem overpowered. It's not as if it can be exploited to target bosses or heroes each time, even if they're hitting it who knows if the desired mob will get the last blow.

My other thoughts are that progression seems pretty good, it's great that you guys are tweaking it and fixing problems but the main thing is more endless maps, and you are doing that so that's fantastic, bravo devs :)
  • SeanPoe said:
    Regarding the Combo Generator part and Shade's comment about it on the livestream:

"Until then though, leaderboards will be 100% about who has combo gens and who doesn't."
    Hmm I don't know. I'm getting top 10 and even top 5 score in some Rift Lord maps and I don't have that Combo Generator field part yet. I wish I did have one, for the same reasons you describe in your comment although I can't verify the math. 
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    lulzrawr said:
    SeanPoe said:
    Regarding the Combo Generator part and Shade's comment about it on the livestream:

"Until then though, leaderboards will be 100% about who has combo gens and who doesn't."
    Hmm I don't know. I'm getting top 10 and even top 5 score in some Rift Lord maps and I don't have that Combo Generator field part yet. I wish I did have one, for the same reasons you describe in your comment although I can't verify the math. 
    No one has the combo generator part right now (it's not even in the loot table), so obviously you don't need it to get a top score right now (since no one has it).  I'm talking about in the next patch (1.8) getting a top score will require that part. 
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access

- What is the point of the Steam trap?  It seems basically worthless especially since they don't take damage from it.  Wouldn't they at least take fall damage?  I could see it being useful if it had a lower cooldown.  Maybe I'm missing something.
    Wow, where did you find that information?  It isn't listed in the trap.  Thank you so much, that's a hugeee deal!
    It was mentioned in a bunch of IA's, but otherwise it isn't publicized very well. It needs to be. It's one of the reasons ivy is powerful as well - even on maps where you can't knock mobs off, throwing them back and shooting them in the air is killer.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • CruelerCrueler Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    So basically this patch added a bunch of passive changes that hardly anyone will use and a few new levels that aren't even end game?

Cool. I haven't played much for a while now and nothing that will be added this patch will make me want to come back.

Please prioritize better. If you call this a Balance patch, not much has even been changed. Oh yay, Ivy can now support her team better when no one really dies when they play correctly anyways!
    Crueler said:
    So basically this patch added a bunch of passive changes that hardly anyone will use and a few new levels that aren't even end game?

Cool. I haven't played much for a while now and nothing that will be added this patch will make me want to come back.

Please prioritize better. If you call this a Balance patch, not much has even been changed. Oh yay, Ivy can now support her team better when no one really dies when they play correctly anyways!
    It's worth noting - different employees do different things. Some of the requested changes probably require a ton of work by ShadeDev (He balances stoof), but less work by the programmers to actually implement it. On the other hand, it probably requires little effort by ShadeDev to do the small stuff, but requires more time from the programmers.

The point I'm making is things take time, and not every employee can do everything. It's probably a matter of it's in progress, but what does everyone else do in the mean time?
    Juicy said:
    Crueler said:

It's worth noting - different employees do different things. Some of the requested changes probably require a ton of work by ShadeDev (He balances stoof), but less work by the programmers to actually implement it. On the other hand, it probably requires little effort by ShadeDev to do the small stuff, but requires more time from the programmers.

The point I'm making is things take time, and not every employee can do everything. It's probably a matter of it's in progress, but what does everyone else do in the mean time?
    And while they only do little things, the wait timer for matches is still 4 minutes with most of the time starting with just yourself or maybe 1 other person.

People are quitting not because they don't like the game, but because there is nothing to do.
    Crueler said:
    Juicy said:
    Crueler said:

And while they only do little things, the wait timer for matches is still 4 minutes with most of the time starting with just yourself or maybe 1 other person.

People are quitting not because they don't like the game, but because there is nothing to do.
    The game's still in open beta :). Don't get me wrong, I hold companies to a pretty high standard on launch, but we're in beta. Now, once they launch the game, yeah - I'll hold them to those standards. For me right now though, it's about making sure the game is in a place where I'd want to play it. I want to, it's just lacking replayability right now. That's probably one of the things in development.
  • One possible way to move forward would be to have a tiered chest system for Endless for each time you complete it. Endless is a considerable time investment so it's not as if people would be getting free chests. That way people who have completed progression would have a way to access the new items, and it would create a strong motivation for new members to play endless once they've completed progression too.
    Juicy said:
    Crueler said:
    Juicy said:
    Crueler said:

The game's still in open beta :). Don't get me wrong, I hold companies to a pretty high standard on launch, but we're in beta. Now, once they launch the game, yeah - I'll hold them to those standards. For me right now though, it's about making sure the game is in a place where I'd want to play it. I want to, it's just lacking replayability right now. That's probably one of the things in development.
    This game has been in Beta forever. It's pretty much released.
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited February 20

Yeah, what @Juicy said.  You can also combine them with second story wall traps. Perhaps not as effective as Boom Barrel Rollers, but certainly more hilarious. For example:

(Though you could still put Boom Barrel Rollers on the third story, put a mix of different traps on the first/second story, and get more combo points that way...)
    Crueler said:
    Juicy said:
    Crueler said:
    Juicy said:
    Crueler said:

This game has been in Beta forever. It's pretty much released.
    Some games take awhile to dev. I've been here almost 3 years and have seen it drastically change, and it still is. I have confidence that it'll officially release when they feel it's at a good point, but I do feel that once they add some tweaking to the drop/unlock system, and fix the replayability, it's pretty much there.
  • Did we know how much skull Temper gonna cost ? Just want to have enough to buy it tomorrow !
  • lulzrawr said:
    One possible way to move forward would be to have a tiered chest system for Endless for each time you complete it. Endless is a considerable time investment so it's not as if people would be getting free chests. That way people who have completed progression would have a way to access the new items, and it would create a strong motivation for new members to play endless once they've completed progression too.
    ^THIS
    I love this game, but the main thing it lacks is a real end-game. Putting more effort into a system that allows you to hone your skills on endless and actually receive rewards each time no matter what character you decide to play as sounds like a step in the right direction. I own all of the characters so i'm able to acquire a ton of chests, but some people(including the person i play coop with) only own a few heroes. Which really limits the amount of chests they can get. Regardless, I would like to be able to play a map and not be penalized for playing a hero i have already beat it with.

Also, I see a lot of criticism of this game, which is fine. But rather than telling the devs that all of the changes that they have made are not real changes and questioning why they don't make updates that appease you're specific criteria of what would be considered useful and meaningful changes to you... Why not make suggestions? What would fix the game for you? I realize some people do, but it just looks ridiculous when someone takes time out of there day to say "these changes suck... uninstall"

Sorry, i realize that got very off topic. lol, but seriously. Make suggestions and try to get people on board people!