2 questions

edited February 11 in Questions & Answers
1. why dosent the spike trap push large enemies anymore? thought that was the only point to this bulky odd hard to place overly expensive trap....

2. I am having a problem with playing the videos, the ones that show off the trap or costume. the first time i play will lock the dashboard up for a few seconds, afterwards it will pause/ skip/ show one screen/ etc. how to fix?
Post edited by UnjustlyVicious on

Answers

• JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    1. It never did in OMDU as far as I know... It doesn't, and probably will never do that because it'd make the game waaay too easy.

2. That "freeze" time is because the video player is loading, so it only loads the first time, after that there's no more freezes. I don't think there's anything to be done about it.
  • edited February 11
    didnt specify, but in comparison to previous as is what i was expecting where the spike wall was used it was the only reason i ever saw for even using it. otherwise in comparison 2 push traps are more efficient overall and way cheaper. on the topic of this item, how much damage does it do anyway? dont think it can even be used much in combos as the only minions it pushes from what little ive seen just outright kills them. would also make heavy pressure plate really worth using

it never loads, it stays that way ive waited and waited. even till the video starts over it continues to do this.

Spike
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    edited February 11
    Well its use depends on what you want to do... the push trap pushes things in front of it, the spike wall throws them in a 180 degree angle. I don't know how much damage it does tho, because it doesn't say, but we know that it got a big nerf in 1.6... it used to be very powerful and had a very short cooldown, which meant you could basically stall most waves with 2 of them.

I don't understand the "it never loads" comment you made.

Anyways, the reason, again, why it'll probably never affect large minions is because there are ways of quickly/constantly resetting traps in OMDU, so if it did, you'd basically only need one well-placed spikewall and one tar to defend a lane.
  • as far as the never loading, maybe verify game cache or look at machine problems. It does take a few second the first time it loads and seems like the comp is frozen for a second but it always loads. if you click again while it is loading... then it wont load because it will close before you see it.
  • verify game cache?
    yes there are no problems with my pc 
    and i have sat on the screen for 20+ min it never "loads" just continues to skip around sometimes i get to see a different screen but after awhile it will just lock on one frame and thats it till i click to close it.
  • verify game cache?
    yes there are no problems with my pc 
    and i have sat on the screen for 20+ min it never "loads" just continues to skip around sometimes i get to see a different screen but after awhile it will just lock on one frame and thats it till i click to close it.
    In steam, right click orcs and go to properties. Then go to local files tab. Then click Verify integrity of game files. It will make sure none of your game files are corrupt or missing.
  • all files successfully verified.
  • video files do use a type of program from you very computer and your ram, could it be that your video player program(s) are having issues? and does running it throught the game take up too much ram?
  • yobbobearyobbobear Member
    The latest patch should help speed up those explanatory videos. 
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Would like to point out this issue was from 3 months ago, it's possible the problem has been solved already :)
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • actually no, they still dont play for me.... ive never been able to watch any of the videos, I actually just gave up ever seeing them.
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    @Winwin have you heard of videos not playing at all? It's not ringing a bell to me (atleast not immediately). Curious if you've seen this before?
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • edited May 17
    most likely it is just my internet connection, hence the pause and skipping etc. 

although i have no problem playing the game.
  • Doom14Doom14 Member
    2. I am having a problem with playing the videos, the ones that show off the trap or costume. the first time i play will lock the dashboard up for a few seconds, afterwards it will pause/ skip/ show one screen/ etc. how to fix?
    My internet speed is 25MB/s and the same problem occurs whenever I try to play any video.
  • edited September 9
    Doom14 said:
    My internet speed is 25MB/s and the same problem occurs whenever I try to play any video.
    my download speed (according to steam when updating) is capped at 180 kb a second!
    i know it sucks, try getting a few games with 1-3 gig updates every week.....

Since the official launch of the game i've had to turn my graphics back down just to be able to play in sabotage
    Incorrect, my card was going bad. But replacing it didn't affect my inability to play videos.... Has to be internet....