Theory crafting a new strat for Frostbite

StatboyStatboy Member
edited February 16 in Community Guides
Current accepted strategy is to build on the two bridges at the north of the map. The bridges can each hold 12 traps (more if you build by the gate) that only hit things in each lane for a total of 24+ traps. Below is a picture of a setup I am using in place of building on those 2 bridges. The top left lane minions actually walk to the very last grinder I have placed before turning around.

Pro's:
  • Both of the top lanes run through the killbox.
  • Less traps
  • Higher DPS
  • Higher combo's
Con's:
  • You have to handle the sappers on your own

Frostbite

Order of traps on the ground, from near to fair is V.Tar>Flip>Floor Spikes>Floor Spikes>Floor Spikes>Flip>V.Tar
Its just 2 floor spikes that you can't see between the great walls. In total this uses 19 traps, and has every enemy from the top two lanes walk over every damaging trap (left lane turns around on the nearest flip without touching the V.Tar). In both endless and regular I've found better success with this set up (note; this is with nothing on the top 2 bridges). The idea is two fold make a single killbox that the 2 lanes use and add wall traps and ceiling traps to increase efficiency and combo's. I do put stunning accumulator on the flips so large minions take double damage from the grinders and floor spikes.

Comments

• TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    If you want even higher DPS, combos, less traps and don't care about time, you can make a single killbox on the room at the left of your screenshot, next to the barricades. Or same goes to the right side of the rift, both have ceiling and walls.
  • Yes, I've seen people do that as well, its not bad. I do like mine from a time perspective in that it kills quickly, but if your traps just aren't leveled enough you still have the overflow of the forge area to handle any rif-raf
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    I have always done it that.  Both lanes will hit that center killbox.  I place ballistas on the ledge as well to shoot them as they walk by, and also shoot them in the last hallway before the rift.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    Yeah I've always done that as well... except for the new Master iteration since you have no time to do it. I also block waaaay before the kitchen to get a good time.

I do use a fire trap tho, instead of tar, since it's a frosty level :p and I add in a cursed ground (instead of spikes) for the abb & lances (instead of ballistas).
  • Jacowboy said:
    Yeah I've always done that as well... except for the new Master iteration since you have no time to do it. I also block waaaay before the kitchen to get a good time.

I do use a fire trap tho, instead of tar, since it's a frosty level :p and I add in a cursed ground (instead of spikes) for the abb & lances (instead of ballistas).
    I do have my cursed ground and brimstone at tier 7, i might have to try that. What do you use for slowing on the satyrs?
    edited February 16
    I just did a video, I'll upload it later and post it... easier to show...

I did die once to stupid enemy heros, but it still worked pretty well and made par, so that'll have to do xD

I don't slow satyrs, I just kill em :P

Edit:

There ya go :)

Post edited by Jacowboy on
  • I like that, to me this seems much more logical than building on the bridges.
  • kreekree Member
    New? That's how I've always done this map since the first time I played it.
    Statboy said:
    I like that, to me this seems much more logical than building on the bridges.
    Yes, that's the logical part, except when par doesn't allow it :(

We'll see with the new patch if this strat is even viable anymore... buuut, it's still a good strat for hero chest farming or high-scoring nonetheless.