Why the first screenshot of a match takes longer to process than the rest

I have been observing this game for quite a while and ended up with some technical questions or curiosities that might be hard to answer but I'll give it a shot. I might ask more if I get answers :D

So the question Today:

• Why does the first screenshot of a match take longer to be taken than the following ones?

I first noticed this when I tried to play on my laptop which isn't that great for games and it's signifcantly slower than my pc even using pretty low settings.

So regardless of what time of a match I decide to take a screenshot, the first one freezes my game for like 1-2 seconds, while the following ones it's just a split second. Note that I also get freezes at the start of the match and start of waves or getting closer/moving to other areas of a map. If I take the first screenshot while one of the events mentioned happen, the game will freeze way longer xD.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the insight, I had the idea of my hardware being the issue but I wondered why that happened and if you are right (as in it relates to how this game works too) my question is pretty much solved, thanks again. 

I'll attach my laptop specs, but I suspect that the bottleneck is on the RAM:

Windows 10 Pro
    i5-6300 HQ CPU @ 2.30 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M

The hardrive is a normal one of 1TB, not very full and probably pretty ok since I have the laptop for just a few months and I didn't install/uninstall much junk... yet.