New Daily Quests

Opinions on the new daily quests?  Of the 3 + 1 reroll I've seen,

Kill 5 grizzlies - Rift Lord chest (these always tended to be easy)
Kill 10 pride hunters - 50 exp
Kill 3 tiklik - don't remember if it was exp or skulls
Kill 20 fire ogres - 500 skulls

The issue I'm kind of seeing is there's really no synergy with those quests and it requires a bunch of specific maps to be done.  

I liked the previous kill x minions, earn x coin, spend/earn x coin in a single game; didn't like the win 7/15 matches though, those were always skipped.  But I liked those specifically because I could do them in whatever rift lord map I had hero victories to acquire still.  Now I'm kind of forced to do certain maps for the dailies and of the 4 I've rolled I haven't seen a map with good combinations of enemies

And maybe we can comment on maps with good spawn rates on the rarer monsters in the quests

Of note, while playing Highlands I've found that you get ZERO credit if a trap kills the minion and that it didn't have 20 fire ogres.  As I was typing this thread out I did Eventide Fortress (last rift lord map) with 1/20 fire ogres killed and after the map I had completed the quest.  The lizard boss revived two (unsure if this counts, but I assume it does).  Anyway, I wasn't counting as I killed them since I thought for sure it wouldn't be 20, but it is.  So it spawns at least 17 fire ogres

Comments

• My current rift lord quest is to kill Urza. I just did on Stables of Eventide but didn't get a chest for it. If the quest is only considered completed if you kill the target personally and not with a trap or something like that, it should say so. Or is this a bug?
  • I'm not getting credit for even personal kills, so I'm definitely thinking it's a bug. At least, I hope so — and I hope that credit is rewarded from trap and co-op kills, otherwise these new quests are going to be a real pain in the orc and far too much of a time sink. Developers shouldn't expect players to devote more than a half hour or so to dailies, which is roughly two to three matches in OMD!U — which is also why the old "Win 7 or 15 matches" dailies were rather disgusting.
  • Really not enjoying the new dailies either. Very specific mobs, typically on maps I have all the chests for, then add on top of that trap kills not seeming to count and you have a mess. Ended up Skipping the chest daily and got something actually doable (200 trap kills). 

The 500 skulls quest is sitting on 15 fire fiend warlocks however, and the only map I know of that spawns them is Gates, which I've cleared with every hero except temper.. Definitely prefer the quests prior to this update, except for the 7/15 matches, which wouldn't be that bad if they didn't give the exact same reward as a quest that can be done in a single match.
  • Thanks for this feedback, please keep it coming. Let us know what you like and don't, and what can help the system further improve. 

One key piece of feedback I have seen so far is that the *very specific* quests (ex: one particular enemy) don't tell you where to complete them. What else can help, or would make completing quests more fun and rewarding?
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Harmonia said:
    Thanks for this feedback, please keep it coming. Let us know what you like and don't, and what can help the system further improve.
    If the system showed us where to find the required enemies, that would help a lot. As far as I can tell after clicking through every map, the only place I can find these Fire Fiend Warlocks is in the Gates of Thuricvod. My XP quest requires 10, and my skull quest requires 15, and after solo'ing it with temper, my last character that gets any reward (chests), I now have 3/10 and 3/15 on the quest. 

I'm pointing this out specifically because I really don't want to run this level 4 times over with no chest rewards. Not only is this rather time consuming for a 'daily' quest, it's simply unfun and unrewarding due to the lack of said chests. Being able to do the quests withing 2-4 matches is what I'd say the sweet spot is personally, and if a quest would require more than that without upping the reward in turn, it feels a bit much.

Also being able to select from a wide enough array of maps that people like me that grinded most if not all of RL are not punished for it would be nice too. This issue could alternatively be resolved if there was some form of repeatable level that had the required mobs and also provided chests (like a daily level that was guaranteed to spawn some of your quest required orcs). 

As it is, I now have 2 dead quests sitting on my account waiting to be swapped out. I just have to hope tomorrows daily chest quest is reasonable so I don't have to waste the reset on it..
  • Harmonia said:
    Thanks for this feedback, please keep it coming. Let us know what you like and don't, and what can help the system further improve.
    If the system showed us where to find the required enemies, that would help a lot. As far as I can tell after clicking through every map, the only place I can find these Fire Fiend Warlocks is in the Gates of Thuricvod. My XP quest requires 10, and my skull quest requires 15, and after solo'ing it with temper, my last character that gets any reward (chests), I now have 3/10 and 3/15 on the quest. 

I'm pointing this out specifically because I really don't want to run this level 4 times over with no chest rewards. Not only is this rather time consuming for a 'daily' quest, it's simply unfun and unrewarding due to the lack of said chests. Being able to do the quests withing 2-4 matches is what I'd say the sweet spot is personally, and if a quest would require more than that without upping the reward in turn, it feels a bit much.

Also being able to select from a wide enough array of maps that people like me that grinded most if not all of RL are not punished for it would be nice too. This issue could alternatively be resolved if there was some form of repeatable level that had the required mobs and also provided chests (like a daily level that was guaranteed to spawn some of your quest required orcs). 

As it is, I now have 2 dead quests sitting on my account waiting to be swapped out. I just have to hope tomorrows daily chest quest is reasonable so I don't have to waste the reset on it..
    If memory serves, there should also be a version of stables at eventide (master?) that has them too. I'm not 100% sure though.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • If you would like to make it so that specific enemies need to be killed, they should be listed in the noteable enemies on the map to simplify searching, otherwise you might as well just list the map you want people to play if this is not a quest already in the pipeline to be added.

Also, if it isn't a bug that the trap kills don't count to the kill x minion quests, it should be stated that you need to deal the final blow with a hero. Kill X minion with a hero y times. 
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • I like the new quests. I always though old ones like 'win x amount of games' were generic but the new ones are cool.

I have kill x amount Northmun right now and it only progresses if I kill with my hero not with my traps. not a huge deal but is this intended?
  • I would have to agree on having trap kills count in the "Kill X Minion" quests. Finishing a map twice because you just found out that trap kills aren't credited feels like a chore and is not fun at all (got the kill moneybags x3 skulls quest). I also agree on kills for x minions being shared when you're in groups.

I also think that the experience given in the exp quest should be more substantial than just a mere +75. Maybe a +125 perhaps? Or how about having the bonus exp increase for every tenth level (e.g. +50 bonus for levels 1-10, +60 for 11-20, +70 for 21-30... and so on). It is certainly the quest among the three that is sometimes not worth getting since the reward is very minimal especially for higher levels. Doing a rift lord map reaps more benefits.

No more win 15 matches or earn 100k coins in a match quests, please. I automatically swapped those two whenever I get them.

A bit off topic though, Steam Achievements aren't updating. A few have already popped up on my screen when I unlocked them but they still do not reflect on my game profile. The Global Achievement Stats also are not updating and everything is still at 0%. I hope you can get it fixed soon.
  • I'm two ways about the new quests. I like that they are more specific and hence have more interest. I think they may at times be too specific though, pidgeon-holing play a tad too much.
  • Thanks for all this feedback, everyone. I'm passing it to the team for review!
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Another thing: If map description had more detail it'd be easier. Some mobs like dwarven grenaders are not in typical enemy descriptions. If it were one could at least more easily identify maps to try. 
  • Juicy said:
    If memory serves, there should also be a version of stables at eventide (master?) that has them too. I'm not 100% sure though.
    Gave it a shot, it has the fire imps, frost orcs, and no warlocks unfortunately. Also I know robot is trolling me now, as the new daily chest quest is also fire fiend warlocks.. gg..

• No more win 15 matches or earn 100k coins in a match quests, please. I automatically swapped those two whenever I get them.

100k coin in a match is ok, dobbin is there for the job

win 15 matches is too much. Average game length is 15 minutes (20 minutes for players who can't meet par). 15 matches will take 15x20=300 minutes to complete this quest.

I mean, think about it, if a daily quest requires me to spend 5 hours to finish it, it better rewards me more than 500 skulls or one chest.
  • Gorkster said:
    If map description had more detail it'd be easier.
    There is almost no information displayed on maps...and when all you care about is finding 1 more of a specific enemy it feels absurd to have to just guess and hope for the best.

However, I feel the bigger problem is it feels like the daily quests strongly discourage playing with other people (or at least it encourages avoiding strangers). And if you for some reason do play with other people, having to run out and solo kill enemies in front of the kill box has a really negative effect on teamwork.

• Err, was it intended that these "kill n of x" quests replace ALL the original daily quests?  Because while like jajej mentioned 15 matches or 100k coins was an automatic reroll, the others were fine.  I haven't seen a single non-bounty quest since 1.8 dropped and they're kind of bad.  Like, no matter what I'm playing, it's counting towards damage or minion deaths, but there are a lot of maps that simply don't have giants or fire thingies.  Seeing zero progress towards a thing is never good.
  • The new daily quests are a total pain.  Instead of allowing me to progress through the maps with the different characters I now need to find which map has that type of enemy and play a map I don't want to do on level of difficulty I don't want to play on.

It seems all 3 quests now get the same sort of bounty type now.  I'd like to see the chest bounty go back to how it was (which was usually completed by me just playing the map with the character I wanted to use) and make the XP and Skull bounties the new type for those that are extra keen.
  • Harmonia said:
    One key piece of feedback I have seen so far is that the *very specific* quests (ex: one particular enemy) don't tell you where to complete them. What else can help, or would make completing quests more fun and rewarding?
    They also limit the maps on which the quest may be accomplished.  I've had 15 Mountain Trolls, 15 Pride Hunters, 10 Fire Fiend Warlocks, 50 Satyrs, and assassinate Urza.  As previously stated, accomplishing these require grinding certain maps to make progress on one while generally not making progress on the others.  It discourages playing in teams if you have to be the one to make the kill personally.  If there really is a bug where traps don't count, that's crushing. Some of these spawn only a few times per map.

The general quests, e.g. win X times, earn X gold, were broader and allowed for more options on both cooperative gameplay and map choices.  If you devs want to keep the kill x type, making it broader and a larger number might accomplish the same thing.  Such as, kill 100 large minions.  Kill 3 bosses (as long as team and traps count, it could be even higher).  If you want to require those with higher account levels to player tougher maps, add "on Master or higher level" or go for the gold and require Rift Lord maps.

But 15 mountain trolls? 

• No more win 15 matches or earn 100k coins in a match quests, please. I automatically swapped those two whenever I get them.

100k coin in a match is ok, dobbin is there for the job
    Agree on this one... but I'm speaking on behalf of the players who still haven't acquired the hero or are still new to the game with incomplete and low tier traps. Getting 50k, let alone 100k, isn't really doable in apprentice or war mage maps when you don't have the variety of traps needed to do combos. Add the fact that the 100k quest is tied to the experience daily quest which makes it much worse and less appealing to complete.

I honestly think that the 1.7 quests, save for the two that I mentioned, were a giveaway when all three can be achieved in 1 or 2 maps. The 1.8 ones are refreshing and is more in tuned with the word "quest." I mean, you do have to search for certain minions like in a lot of RPGs. Although I agree that a few improvements should be made especially in giving out information to aid us in finding a specific minion. Why not add a minion appendix in game where minion lore, stat, and location can be found? Or at least list all the minions in the map preview similar to OMD 1 and 2 like what a lot of players have been suggesting.