New Daily Quests

Comments

• ShadeDev said:
    It was designed to encourage players to farm varied content, rather than 1 or 2 levels over and over. 
    But isn't that what we have to do when you give us Quest saying "Kill 10 Armored Arctos Grizzlies" which can only be "farmed"(I hate that word) on 2 different Riftlord maps. So, it's exactly asking us to farm 1 or 2 maps over and over in order to obtain the quest. I just hope these new quest are near the top of the list of things, I've really stopped shooting for them like I did. Also, when my quest stays the same thing for 3 days without resetting or changing, it really takes away from the "Daily" in the "Daily Quest". In my experience you only get a new Daily Quest if you completed the prior days quest. Super Broken.

Note: I still LOVE this game, playing it everyday!
    The Box O' Vox | Orcs Must Die! Twitch Streamer | Twitch.tv/AndrealVox
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    ShadeDev said:
    It was designed to encourage players to farm varied content, rather than 1 or 2 levels over and over. 
    But isn't that what we have to do when you give us Quest saying "Kill 10 Armored Arctos Grizzlies" which can only be "farmed"(I hate that word) on 2 different Riftlord maps. So, it's exactly asking us to farm 1 or 2 maps over and over in order to obtain the quest. I just hope these new quest are near the top of the list of things, I've really stopped shooting for them like I did. Also, when my quest stays the same thing for 3 days without resetting or changing, it really takes away from the "Daily" in the "Daily Quest". In my experience you only get a new Daily Quest if you completed the prior days quest. Super Broken.

Note: I still LOVE this game, playing it everyday!
    Well, part of the disconnect is that the quests were never intended to be daily. 

We are changing that assumption.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • AsbynAsbyn Member, Early Access
    ShadeDev said:
    Well, part of the disconnect is that the quests were never intended to be daily. 

We are changing that assumption.
    Honestly, I really don't like how that sounds, 'cause it sounds an awful lot like devspeak for, "We're keeping the quests you guys clearly don't like, but you won't be able to complete them every day now, thus also making it harder to get skulls and chests." 'Course, that's just me reading between the lines or what little there is, so I'm kind'a hoping I'm wrong here.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    edited March 3
    You are supposed to have 1 daily, 1 weekly, and 1 bi-weekly quest.  They all refresh daily, though. 

Nonetheless, people want to complete them all each day, so it's frustrating for them.

We basically agree that it wasn't a good idea, which is why we are going to fix it by making all of the quests daily.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • AsbynAsbyn Member, Early Access
    I understand that to mean that you're scaling back the scalability of the quests, making them easier to complete in smaller sessions. And while that certainly sounds like a good start, I just hope you guys have put some consideration into the content of the quests themselves, since that's actually what most of the feedback in this thread is about. However, of course, I understand you're probably being purposely vague and ambiguous in regards to the changes overall (as many devs are wont to be, and for good reason), so I'm not going to assume that's all you have planned.
  • Uncle SkippyUncle Skippy Member, Early Access
    The new system was not explained properly (and came across quite negatively) and after reading this thread I understand what was intended. I like the idea of longer quests options but they also need an appropriate reward. The new "Daily" quests have totally put off my whole team and we hardly play now since no one wants to do such odd quests. THAT is what is killing me, this totally is disrupting any incentive to want to play daily at all. I know the devs are working on it, I just hope they can get something done before it kills the whole community. Hopefully they can come up with another system where we can have both, DAILY and OTHER quests which we can strive for. 

The achievements are another system that need to have some incentive (other than a message) to grind towards. Otherwise the system is fairly cosmetic and not very interesting. Why spend time just for a "Yeah, you did it!" message. Give out a trap, or a part or some gold or some skulls. 

I love the game and have enjoyed playing but this felt a shot in the foot, sorry to say.
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    @Shadedev - thanks for the explanation.  That makes more sense now if they were never meant to be daily's.  I guess the disconnect is that I have played quite a few FTP/Grind games over the years, and for the average one you need to invest about 1 hour a day to complete everything.  I had just assumed you were following suit with the quests and had gotten used to completing them all every day.  

The new style quests would be great on a bounty board.  

Kill 50 Mountain Trolls - Get a Spring Part.
    Kill Bianca 10 Times - Get 2x Epic Part
  • TriariiTriarii Member
    edited March 5
    My daily quests force me to farm Crogon Keep on master every day, im not seeing much variety. The level in question is also much too difficult for the level I am. The old daily quests were much to easy, but these ones are way to difficult.  
  • StatboyStatboy Member
    edited March 6
    I have 2 quests right now, one to kill Forest Giants and the other to kill Mountain Trolls. My initial response was to find a troll level and start farming, then found out Mountain Trolls are not the same as other Trolls. Some means of finding which levels have what I need to do the quests would be really handy.

Any help here would be welcomed as well. I still can't find these.
  • ProtoZealottProtoZealott Member, Early Access
    Statboy said:
    I have 2 quests right now, one to kill Forest Giants and the other to kill Mountain Trolls. My initial response was to find a troll level and start farming, then found out Mountain Trolls are not the same as other Trolls. Some means of finding which levels have what I need to do the quests would be really handy.

Any help here would be welcomed as well. I still can't find these.
    The Mountain trolls are the Big Blue ones. I only know there's a couple in Eventide Fortress (Rift Lord) off the top of my head.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    There are some Mountain trolls on Banquet Hall and Crogon Keep too Rift Lord.
  • FakingFaking Member
    I've been playing an hour daily since December.  The last 3 days I've logged in to get my logon bonus then rerolled my rift lord chest and despaired at what it's asking me to do and logged straight off.  You need so many chests to progress in this game that making them difficult just kills the game for me.
  • OmenemOOmenemO Member, Early Access
    My wife has now quit playing due the daily chest quest not being any fun (or unobtainable by her standards) for the past week.

I don't think I'll be able to convince her to come back next patch either. You guys are taking too long to rectify this.
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited March 7
    OmenemO said:
    My wife has now quit playing due the daily chest quest not being any fun (or unobtainable by her standards) for the past week.

I don't think I'll be able to convince her to come back next patch either. You guys are taking too long to rectify this.
    TBH, this is the kind of thing beta is for. Beta is for ironing out the mechanics that don't make the game (lets be honest, the game could exist without dailies). I mean, I want everyone to enjoy the game as much as the next guy (TBH probably more than the next guy) but you gotta be patient with some of these things. Dev response since a week after it happened has been "We're working on remedying this" - they don't have the massive amounts of manpower that MMORPG's do to roll out and quickfix something in a few days. Time and patience, and remember, we're still in beta testing. Specifically for figuring out things like, say, dailies.

P.S. if it helps anyone, there are A-LOT of dynamite crossbowmen on maximum security (rift lord). Just let the unstable rifts open and have fun...
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • lielsliels Member
    I did not get credit for killing Ice Orcs (or Urza) for that matter.  I though hey, maybe the traps killed them/it and that doesn't count.  But I just did frostbite with midnight and did not get credit for a single ice orc.  Every time I try this game again I get frustrated. 
  • GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    I don't think frostbite has ice orcs, it's order minions only on that map. Try Avalance for ice orcs.
  • SpydaliskSpydalisk Member
    edited March 7
    I think there's a huge difference between "kill 500 orcs" and "kill 20 fire ogres". Especially when trap kills don't count, nor do allied kills. Killing orcs can be done on just about any map, and you are pretty much garanteed to make progress every game. Fire giants? You have to go to rift lord for that... And then, the maps that offer fire ogres are few. I've yet to solo Thuricvod, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of maps. And then you need to kill them yourself? So even on the one difficulty they spawn in, even if you solo it, there's still so few per map that there's a good chance traps will KS them all, and that at the end of the map, which probably took about 20-30 minutes, you are no further ahead than you were. So you just have to grind the same map over and over and over for a week until you finally get it.

That's... not fun at all. If at least it counter trap kills, as well as other player's kill for which you contributed to combo points, it wouldn't be as aggravating... But overall, the kill objective for the quests that deal with rare foes needs to be way, way down. Bosses twice, max, fire giants and the like thrice, max.
  • ZarcosZarcos Member
    Spydalisk said:
    I think there's a huge difference between "kill 500 orcs" and "kill 20 fire ogres". Especially when trap kills don't count, nor do allied kills. Killing orcs can be done on just about any map, and you are pretty much garanteed to make progress every game. Fire giants? You have to go to rift lord for that... And then, the maps that offer fire ogres are few. I've yet to solo Thuricvod, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of maps. And then you need to kill them yourself? So even on the one difficulty they spawn in, even if you solo it, there's still so few per map that there's a good chance traps will KS them all, and that at the end of the map, which probably took about 20-30 minutes, you are no further ahead than you were. So you just have to grind the same map over and over and over for a week until you finally get it.

That's... not fun at all. If at least it counter trap kills, as well as other player's kill for which you contributed to combo points, it wouldn't be as aggravating... But overall, the kill objective for the quests that deal with rare foes needs to be way, way down. Bosses twice, max, fire giants and the like thrice, max.
    Fire ogres are also in master mode. I know for sure they spawn in the Stables of Eventide in Master and I'm sure their are others as well, but can't think of them off the top of my head. Also, most people don't know this, but some of the unstable rifts can spawn some minions required for various quests depending on the map.
  • Zarcos said:
    Spydalisk said:

Fire ogres are also in master mode. I know for sure they spawn in the Stables of Eventide in Master and I'm sure their are others as well, but can't think of them off the top of my head. Also, most people don't know this, but some of the unstable rifts can spawn some minions required for various quests depending on the map.
    They don't appear as "notable enemies". Heavy fire fiends, fire fiends, heavy ice orcs, urza the fire lord, and swifthooves are noted, only. If they are in any masters map, the battlegrounds summaries offer no hint of it.
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Spydalisk said:
    Zarcos said:
    Spydalisk said:

They don't appear as "notable enemies". Heavy fire fiends, fire fiends, heavy ice orcs, urza the fire lord, and swifthooves are noted, only. If they are in any masters map, the battlegrounds summaries offer no hint of it.
    Those unfortunately are not all inclusive.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.