Scores explained - How score is calculated

edited February 23 in Community Guides

After a handful amount of hours testing and figuring out formulas, @Wynardtage​ and I got to find how exactly the scores are calculated (well, with some margin of error but surprisingly accurate)

We created a spreadsheet where you can calculate your average combo from the stats of a match and another one that lets you calculate how high would you score by using a guessed average combo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yeDU72AiueLOBhu_xcfS5IIJvdIRa6HzD1XzA3i_Xb8/edit#gid=1397280488

You can edit and change values of the calculators to test or see some results.

For the formulas:

Score by Combos:

an=a1×r^(n-1)

Where an is the score of the n combo(the one you want to know the score of), a1 is the score of the combo reference (in this case x10), r is the increment of score between combos which is a ~50%

That's for a single minion, and all minions give the same score. So you would only need to multiply by number of minions.

Score by Wave Time:

120.000 - (Wave Clear Time * 1000)

or

120.000*Number Of Waves - (Match Time/Number of Waves * 1000)

Time Bonus Score:

(18.000 + 6000 * number of breaks) - (seconds lost * 100)

Coin bonus: 1 no spent coin = 1 score.

Where:

Total Score = Score by combos + Score by Wave Time + Time Bonus Score + Coins not spent​​

Comments

• This is incredible work! 

Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Cool, now the 5 people who even look at the score will know how to do better.
  • Thanks.

My whole guild was quite interested in them or atleast curious about how it worked.
    Since it's a mechanic that happens every match regardless if you are interested and it wasn't explicitly explained anywhere, I found it interesting to investigate and I thought it would be worth to share and let the community know how it works too.

I don't think it will help anyone do much better, since it was widely known that combos have the most weight in it. 
  • Awesome work.

I did my own test and you miss something.
    There is 100 bonus points if the kill is done by a trap. (no gear or hero)

In my case, i did 8 kills with 8 Combo X3 with gear (2 traps and 1 gear) => 3.100
    3.100 / 8 = 387.5
    Your number is 388 so we have almost the same number =)

But i did another test and get 3 kills with 3 Combo X3 with trap (bringstone + spike trap) => 1462
    I think it's 1462.5 because if you have 1462 / 3 = 487.33333333....
    And if you have 1462.5, you will have 1462.5 / 3 = 487.5 (387.5 + 100 bonus points)

• Schaox said:
    Awesome work.

I did my own test and you miss something.
    There is 100 bonus points if the kill is done by a trap. (no gear or hero)

In my case, i did 8 kills with 8 Combo X3 with gear (2 traps and 1 gear) => 3.100
    3.100 / 8 = 387.5
    Your number is 388 so we have almost the same number =)

But i did another test and get 3 kills with 3 Combo X3 with trap (bringstone + spike trap) => 1462
    I think it's 1462.5 because if you have 1462 / 3 = 487.33333333....
    And if you have 1462.5, you will have 1462.5 / 3 = 487.5 (387.5 + 100 bonus points)

It's hard to tell what you did exactly to get that results, we checked a lot of different ways of getting combos and we always got the same result. A video would help understand what exactly was going on on your test, we did record most of it to get clear views.

Anyhow, score system will change soon, when it does I'll try to get a similar post up.
  • For these tests traps are bad to use because they can cause additional kills. 
    These are easy to overlook since cx1 and cx2 are not displayed.
    For a higher accuracy only the hero should be used as a source of damage. The most effective is the application of vital strike, since it only affects one target and kills it immediately.

• TimeMaster said:

It's hard to tell what you did exactly to get that results, we checked a lot of different ways of getting combos and we always got the same result. A video would help understand what exactly was going on on your test, we did record most of it to get clear views.

Don't worry guys, i use video to check my number.
    I run my test on endless mode with the map The Baths.

For these tests traps are bad to use because they can cause additional kills. 
    These are easy to overlook since cx1 and cx2 are not displayed.
    For a higher accuracy only the hero should be used as a source of damage. The most effective is the application of vital strike, since it only affects one target and kills it immediately.

Look your incoming coins.

For example: The 100 bonus points, put one spike at the beginning of the map.
    The money is displayed. So we know that each kill without combo give to the player 46 coins (little orc).
    It's easy to know how many little orc die without visual effect. And the money is refreshed faster than the score.
    In the end, with the number of the little orc died, you can have your score per little orc.

For the coins, the little orc give you 46 and 50 with Combo X3.
    It seems to up by 10% but i need to run more test with Combo X4-X5.

My result (kill on little orc):

100% sure => 50 by hero or gear kill and 150 by trap kill without Combo.

Test Bringstone + Spike (Combo X3 with trap kill):
    Note: I use Gabriella to stun the little orcs and let moving the number of my choice. It takes me some times.
    1 Kill => 487 Points + 50 Coins
    2 Kills => 975 Points + 100 Coins
    3 Kills => 1,462 Points + 150 Coins
    Combo X3 = (487.5 - 150) Points + (50 - 46) Coins
    Combo X3 = 337.5 Points + 4 Coins

Test Viscous Tar + Ice Vent + Arcane Bubble Power (Combo X3 with gear kill)
    9 Kills => 3,150 Points + 446 Coins
    In this case, i have 8 kills Combo X3 + 1 kill without Combo. How we can know? The Coins.
    Rappel : Base = 46, Combo X3 = 50.
    446 = 46 + 8 * 50
    So what about the score?
    3,150 - 50 (1 base gear kill) = 3100
    3,100 / 8 (8 Combo X3) = 387.5
    Combo X3 = (387.5 - 50) Points + (50 - 46) Coins
    Combo X3 = 337.5 Points + 4 Coins

100% sure => Combo X3 = 337.5 Points + 4 Coins

But if you said that the score system will change soon, I think I discuss for nothing xD.
    Btw, where do you see the change of score system?
  • In 'Insider Access' some changes for next patch were told. One of them was the rework of score system and a reset of scores