Map Problems

1.) Rift Lord Temple Graveyard

I did this map with a good player as a teammate, we figured out a strategy so that the mobs were dying within a short time of exiting their gates. We still completed it 5 seconds over par. The par time on this map is ridiculous right now, and it would be basically impossible to do what we did if a person were to play it solo with Unstable Rifts opening.

2.) Rift Lord Frostbite

Allowing an Unstable Rift to appear on the top level in the back left corner is an extremely unfair random event, it takes far too long to get to that location and is impossible to destroy it. It makes par time on this map impossible if that random event occurs. Adding to that, Unstable Rifts often open on the lower level on this map in almost the same location, so we don't know whether to start racing to the top one (a very long walk) to manage the mobs after it opens since it is impossible to destroy in time, or check the lower level and destroy it quickly to make par.

3.) A final question that is related to these map problems.

Is Rift Lord maps the "end game" envisioned for us? It seems more logical to provide incentives for us to challenge difficult Endless Maps as the "end game", 5 starring Rift Lord maps should be achievable by people who are of the appropriate level.

Comments

• I agree, the par time were fine before... why change them? I also believe the par time removes any creativity that could be used since you want to get 5 stars but the timer is so tight you dont want to use anything else... Also if you go with a pick up group you now know your not getting 5 stars...

We could not get 5 stars with tier 7 fully parted traps with a level 100 and a level90 ish... and even at level 200 I still dont think I could do it unless I pick smolder for speed...

This... is... not... fun... and I have 5 stars with all heroes from before patch... part time was fine before but you could not make it unless you were above suggested level for the map... way above...

The par times from before in rift lord made the game enjoyable enough were you could try different stuff and now scream death when you missed a shot cause you know it was all over...

This is my signature!
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I haven't tried temple graveyard lately to know, but IIRC I could get it in about 12:30 (solo) as midnight.

That said, to answer your question:

lulzrawr said:
    Is Rift Lord maps the "end game" envisioned for us? It seems more logical to provide incentives for us to challenge difficult Endless Maps as the "end game", 5 starring Rift Lord maps should be achievable by people who are of the appropriate level.
    I don't think so. But I'm not sure endless is either. I think whatever is supposed to be endgame is still in development.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • Juicy said:
    I haven't tried temple graveyard lately to know, but IIRC I could get it in about 12:30 (solo) as midnight.
    While I wouldn't dream of asking you to tell your secrets, I have two questions:

Did you do this after the patch? And are you of the appropriate level range for the map, or are you level 100 with fully upgraded traps?
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    edited February 26
    lulzrawr said:
    Juicy said:
    While I wouldn't dream of asking you to tell your secrets, I have two questions:

Did you do this after the patch? And are you of the appropriate level range for the map, or are you level 100 with fully upgraded traps?
    Some people managed to beat it solo, but it was by far the toughest map in the whole game... then they increased par quite a bit and then they reduced it again, but not as much... Edit: they put it back to the initial par time which is tight.

Anyways, point is, it should be doable, but it is indeed a bit hard... you'll need to level up a bit, use potions and good gear, but it's possible solo. I wonder if they brought it back to 13:30 by mistake... =/
    Post edited by Jacowboy on
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited February 26
    Ah, my bad. It was 13:30.

Here's the video, if that helps:

I could manage under 14:00 pretty easily, under 13:30 took a solid 10 tries or so. I'm not actually sure what current par is.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • Juicy said:
    I'm not sure endless is either. I think whatever is supposed to be endgame is still in development.
    There are a ton of people like me who fell in love this franchise because of Endless Mode, finding new strategies to exploit to get as high as possible, and would like to see more people motivated to play it. They have created a fantastic game and I hope they go in good directions with it. I'm one of many who would love to see Endless Mode be treated as endgame, or at least find a way to motivate people to keep doing it and trying to get high waves.

• And I had another map problem yesterday, I'm not sure if I should update this original post or start a new one. Crogon Keep Endless Mode kicked me and my group out two different times when we were well above all high scores on the board both times. None of us got a chest, stars, or on the scoreboard.
  • @juicy

ya, my point exactly, try doing that with Bionka or Hogarth... the hardest thing should be not loosing rift points, now speeding through the map with fast caracters only... and the only reason you need a partner is because you cant go to locations fast enough, but if his traps are low tier... he's a problem... I just think it takes the fun out of omdu... I've never felt good about making part time... just glad I did'nt have to do it again with that hero....

This is my signature!