Boom Barrel Rollers Sync up Over Time

I noticed while playing that if you place multiple boom barrel dispensers near each other over time they gradually sync up, even if you carefully time their initial placement. This is problematic as you start having issues where barrels hit each other midair and prematurely detonate, or explosions on the ground detonate other barrels mid air, and it also takes some utility of the trap away since ideally you want a constant rain of barrels as opposed to a bunch all at once. This can be somewhat remedied by selling and replacing them, but that becomes a big hassle over time and makes them less fun to use.

As far as I can tell the barrels are constantly getting dispensed even between waves so them perfectly syncing up over several waves seems extremely strange. Logically their cooldowns should not change throughout the game so they should continue dispensing in the pattern/order that they were initially placed. I've seen this happen across several characters, regardless of traits, in solo and multi with 0 parts slotted in the trap.

Comments

• @Skoll - This could be an intentional design, but I'll gladly check with the team tomorrow. To clarify, the rollers you place are initially not in sync but slowly appear to synchronize exactly after some time? 
  • Winwin said:
    @Skoll - This could be an intentional design, but I'll gladly check with the team tomorrow. To clarify, the rollers you place are initially not in sync but slowly appear to synchronize exactly after some time? 
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Yes, I make sure to place the rollers so that there is a delay between each barrel coming out. For example if I place 3 in the same area I will put one down, wait a few seconds, place another, wait a few seconds and then place the final one. Initially they work as intended with a different one activating every 3-4 seconds. I've not paid super close attention to them so I don't know if they all suddenly sync up based on some trigger or if it happens gradually, but at some point in the game they sync up so every single roller activates at the same time.

I have no idea why this happens, I don't use any sort trap reset or cooldown items, no gabriella, no parts slotted into the rollers, and it happens on maps without any gnome tinkerer enemies. My only guess is that maybe there's some code that makes them stop activating when there are no players or enemies nearby to save on system resources, and they resume (all at once) when a player or enemy comes back into a set range.
  • I'm going blindly on this one because I didn't have them until very recently:

Could it be that they sync on breaks? I think they stop attacking during them.
  • Yes they sync on breaks. I noticed that playing with them the other day. Would be nice if they continued firing during breaks, like the bowling ball, so you don't lose the rythm you designed.
  • Thanks for the details everyone. I'll double-check this with the team and get back to you!
  • I had a chance to discuss this the team - they're going to take a closer look into it and make sure everything is working as intended.

Thanks, guys!
  • boom barrel rollers sync on go breaks for as long as i've been playing this game. All of them fire a shot the moment a break starts. I never really saw it as a bug but its definitely frustrating. i used to set up specific timing only to have it ruined by go breaks. I would fix it during the break only to have the next one ruin it again. eventually i quit trying. it would be great if they didnt sync on break.