Maximilian Jamez Ripher Skin

My friend point out the skin to me then after the match I when to check it out and find a pretty interesting rockstar outfit for Max labeled as a "promotional item" so I'am left with no real idea on how to get it. Only to guess it will be revealed at some point or I missed out.

Comments

• HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Hey Reeper, This skin was released as a promotional item with Rooster Teeth! 

We have an FAQ that lists all the promotional skins and how they are offered that should be helpful!
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • ReeperReeper Member
    Harmonia said:

We have an FAQ that lists all the promotional skins and how they are offered that should be helpful!
    Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, i really appreciate. Unless I'm mistaken, it tells you where it is from, not really how to attain the skin.
  • Reeper said:
    Harmonia said:

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, i really appreciate. Unless I'm mistaken, it tells you where it is from, not really how to attain the skin.
    I also would like to know exactly how to get these skins.
  • this skin is apparently from RTs version of a Loot Crate. 
  • ReeperReeper Member
    this skin is apparently from RTs version of a Loot Crate. 
    Do you happen to have a link to it? I've been looking around everywhere for anything on it but just can not find what I would like to.
  • here you go.

https://store.roosterteeth.com/pages/rt-box

it's like a monthly thing.  you pay them X amount per month, they give you $60 worth of merch in a box.  so, if you're looking for the skin in there, it could end up being costly.  
  • nthornnthorn Member
    edited March 1
    no info about this anywhere on rooster teeth website. the link harmonia posted only says "rooster teeth promotion." I'm going to guess this isnt in the game.

HOW DO YOU GET THIS?

if this requires a monthly subscription to their "loot crates" then count me out
  • SixOkaySixOkay Member, Administrator, Master Founder, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Featured Developer
    The only way to get the skin was to be a subscriber to the RT monthly subscription box. It was a promotion created for that specific program. The boxes went out to subscribers last week.
    @SixOkay
    Robot Entertainment | Marketing Manager
  • PelozoPelozo Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    edited March 1
    A really nice dude in RT fb group sent me his key, It looks like a steam key, It's only for new players?

I haven't tried to redeem it yet.
    Post edited by Pelozo on
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    @Pelozo You should be able to redeem the code through our account system here, like other promotional skin codes. 
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • PelozoPelozo Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Harmonia said:
    @Pelozo You should be able to redeem the code through our account system here, like other promotional skin codes. 
    I just did, I got hogarth and some gold too. 
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    damn you, you always get the cool stuff :p
  • I hope you guys will make them available at some point now.
    This is my signature!
  • ReeperReeper Member
    So pretty much i'm too late and the skin you get is random? that is, in short. Rather disappointing. Isn't the whole idea behind promotionals is so you know about them and go get them to support both sides, not just have it pop out of the blue and you can't get it? seems more like a hidden exclusive?
  • nicktransuenicktransue Member
    edited March 2
    They're called promotional skins for a reason.  You are not owed anything, nor do you deserve everything.  

This is more of a marketing angle than anything.  Give away game/skin codes to RT supporters with an exclusive skin to represent how they got into the game and you can definitely get a fee customers that way.  
  • nthornnthorn Member
    edited March 2
    was this advertised anywhere? the promotion will be more successful if people actually know there is one. I cant sign up for something I've never heard about
  • ReeperReeper Member
    nthorn said:
    was this advertised anywhere? the promotion will be more successful if people actually know there is one. I cant sign up for something I've never heard about
    My point exactly, you lose out on supporting the game and the people promoting the items because of bad communication.

nicktransue said:
    They're called promotional skins for a reason.  You are not owed anything, nor do you deserve everything.  

This is more of a marketing angle than anything.  Give away game/skin codes to RT supporters with an exclusive skin to represent how they got into the game and you can definitely get a fee customers that way.  
    There are ways to do promotionals in a way to bring in new player and make regular players both happy, it isn't a either or. Random out of the blue one-sided promotions isn't the way to go in my opinion.
  • Well, if you want the RT exclusive skin, become a supporter of RT.  If you do not want to support RT then you don't get the skin.  It's quite simple.  

I think this skin, and a few others, should be under an Exclusive section of skin lists to get rid of this sort of confusion.  But, I'm sure people would still be upset that they can't get Exclusive skins.  
  • ReeperReeper Member
    Well, if you want the RT exclusive skin, become a supporter of RT.  If you do not want to support RT then you don't get the skin.  It's quite simple.  

I think this skin, and a few others, should be under an Exclusive section of skin lists to get rid of this sort of confusion.  But, I'm sure people would still be upset that they can't get Exclusive skins.  
    There is no confirmation that you can still get the skin at all. if it was as easy as you make it sound i wouldn't be here talking about it.
    SixOkay said:
    The only way to get the skin was to be a subscriber to the RT monthly subscription box. It was a promotion created for that specific program. The boxes went out to subscribers last week.
    "was" which could mean not anymore. was there any foreshadowing to this at all?
  • ReeperReeper Member
    SixOkay said:
    Pelozo said:
    Harmonia said:
    I just did, I got hogarth and some gold too. 
    So pretty much I'm too late and the skin is random? which is rather disappointing. Isn't the point of a promotional is meant to be known so people get it?