Are consumables too expensive? Should we be able to get them some other way?

Will1Will1 Member
edited March 10 in General Discussion
Consumables seem like a really nice feature that could add some more depth to the game, but looking at the prices they are almost as much skulls as a trap upgrade or buying trap "deals".  This seems like a really useful feature of the game that I'm going to completely ignore because it's 90 skulls a pop (450 for 5) for an effect that lasts 10-60 seconds, rather than a more permanent upgrade.

But I really really wouldn't want these added to the rng loot table, because that's already bad enough, so I don't know how this could be better either.

As a side concern, this also means I feel like I'm at a disadvantage in the scoring department due to the advantages offered.

Side Note: Unless I'm missing something the rarity on these seems absolutely pointless.  I have no understanding why the Scroll of Slow is common but the Scroll of Repair is epic for example.

Comments

• Consumables aren't required. They are almost "cheat mode", so no they aren't too expensive. 
  • GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    Consumables are in an interesting space. I think very early on for F2P players they are very expensive as they compete with hero purchases, and trap upgrades. But in the ultra-lategame they will be the only skull sink left. The basic logic is OK. If the prices are really how they should be is a good question. I'd agree that for me it feels on the high side.
  • Will1Will1 Member
    Gorkster said:
    in the ultra-lategame they will be the only skull sink left
    I do not foresee myself getting to this point any time soon.  It seems weird to have this feature in the shop that won't be used for hundreds of hours in the best case (for me at least).
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    They are definetely overpriced over EU, I'm glad that it will change soon :)
  • EU- Consumables^^
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited March 10
    Will1 said:
    Side Note: Unless I'm missing something the rarity on these seems absolutely pointless.  I have no understanding why the Scroll of Slow is common but the Scroll of Repair is epic for example.
    This is just UI clutter left over from previous versions of the game. You'll notice that heroes also have a rarity tag. It's meaningless.