Unchained with Gabriella

Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but it did happen twice to me

Playing with Gabriella on rift lord, first time was Throne room RL, in the last wave 10 or 11 when going unchained (probably 4th or 5th time) I stayed unchained for at least 2 full rounds on the same timer (without taking any unchained pickups), the unchain timer is going down really slow

and it did happen again on Crogon keep RL, I started the unchain at the end of wave 10 and stayed unchained (same activation) during wave 11 and 98% of wave 12.

The unchained duration in both case was close to 3 minutes
Was playing solo both times, and it only happens with Gabriella never encounter an unchained duration of that sort with other heroes
Beiing unchained 3 minutes is quite fun, but pretty sure it's not intended :)

Comments

• WinwinWinwin Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @CremoAcanthis - So that we can better investigate this, could you provide us with more details on the games you played? Do you remember which maps you were on and what times and dates you played those games? Also, did you happen to experience any connectivity issues at that time?
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I too, had this happen on Gabby (3rd time unchained?) on a late wave in a RL map. I can't recall specifics for you.

I actually kind of assumed it was a change, I thought unchained was made harder to get after each time you used it, I assumed it got lengthened to compensate.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • @Winwin
    The first time don't remember exactly when but it was on throne room
    the second time it did happen was on Crogon Keep RL on sunday the 12 March around 14h or 20h (eastern time)

I taught that is was a fluke too, or that everytime yo get unchained you get a little more time maybe.
    But the second time it happened I was more attentive and saw that it was more the 3 time the normal duration
    edited March 16
    @CremoAcanthis - I looked at everything from our end and was unable to find anything unusual. With that said, Gabriella passive ability grants her a 25% duration increase to Unchained. It's possible that you picked up more unchained without noticing. For example, it's possible for Unchained boosts to appear right next to you and be picked up quickly. 

If you experience this again in the future, let us know the game details and we'll check it out.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Winwin said:
    @CremoAcanthis - I looked at everything from our end and was unable to find anything unusual. With that said, Gabriella passive ability grants her a 25% duration increase to Unchained. It's possible that you picked up more unchained without noticing. For example, it's possible for Unchained boosts to appear right next to you and be picked up quickly. 

If you experience this again in the future, let us know the game details and we'll check it out.
    A couple of guildmates had the same bug. It doesn't happen always.

They said that the unchained was going down very very slow, like a pixel per second and they would be unchained several waves without losing it. Even with the 25% extra duration and say 5 or 10 unchained pikcups, and even with the trait, I highly doubt you can be unchained for much longer than 1 minute, and several waves is way more than that.
    Thanks for the details, guys. We'll have QA look into it!
  • Next time I'll play with Gab i'll record just in case.

on Solo play since I first encounter that bug, I would say that I encountered it about 50% of the games.

a pixel per second is about correct, the first time on throne room, I died (stupid archers), but it was my second beiing unchained, and the timer was at about 50%
    @CremoAcanthis - Video would definitely help with our investigation. If you are able to obtain any, please let us know. :)
  • @Winwin - Sure i'll tryy but pretty certain I won't be able to have until next week :)
  • @Winwin - Finally got the bug again

the unchained in question start at 12:47 and finish at 14:41... almost a full 2 minutes, and pretty sure I did not pick-up any unchained drops during that time.

don't get me wrong it's pretty fun beiing unchained for 2 minutes or more (wondering how much, I could pull off in endless) but it seems a bit extreme
  • MitchellWMitchellW Member, Moderator, Master Founder, Early Access
    @CremoAcanthis Thanks for getting that for us. Definitely a lot longer there! This
  • unchained resonator on any trap, might be it?
  • did'nt taught about that one but, nope I goy only 1 unchained resonator, and it's currently installed in my saw of arctos, so it has not been use in that game.

and also the other problem is that it only happen with Gabby, never got unchained of that duration with any other heroes, and does not happen on every game, but when it does, it seem every time you unchained the unchain duration extand with each time, if I have time I'll try it in endless
  • CremoAcanthisCremoAcanthis Member
    edited April 26
    @MitchellW - Retried in endless (out of curiosity) with the same set-up of traps and veawer has last time, first 3 unchained seemed pretty normal, but then

4th Unchained : 17:25 to 20:00 (but I died, had about 3/4 left)
    5th Unchained : 27:44 to 32:02

https://youtu.be/VckiLecIgoM

The match in question happened 29/03/2017 started around 22h00 (eastern)
    Post edited by CremoAcanthis on
    @CremoAcanthis - Thanks for the great footage. We've included this in the current investigation our team has going. 
  • HuskeyHuskey Member
    Yep! Had this happen to me as well. Glad we got some footage.
  • @Winwin - Additional info: During this week weekly (Purple Maze), if I pick the same veawers has in my vids, I was able to re-create the bug quite easily at every game with Gabby.

Do not know if the bug is cause by Gab / traps or parts
    Since traps and parts are lock during the weekly maybe that will help you out find the cause
    If you need more info I'll be there :)