Ironsides achievement feedback

2»

Comments

• I changed my opinion on the achievement. It is currently (patch 2.0) soloable and actually not that insane. I won't give away the change that made this significanly easier, but I got 1.6 million damage in one game and could have gone higher. Took 1hour48mins. My guess is that it can be soloed in just over an hour.

• What exactly made you change your opinion? And what is the change that made it soloable?

• There are more sustained damage sources available that radically reduce the time it takes.
  • edited May 4
    Gorkster said:
    There are more sustained damage sources available that radically reduce the time it takes.
    The only one I can think of on the baths is the pride hunters/hunter merc. You could stand near the rift and let them smack you. But you'd still need to build a super efficient killbox to stop the minions if you are gonna do it that way.

Edit: Or if you can stall the wave indefinitely somehow. Can't see what wave you reached with that screenshot.
  • Yep the pride hunter merc is the singular change that makes this manageable. I'm sure there are multiple ways to deal with self-healing but I didn't use the rift at all. Got into the 35-40 waves range with my run but you don't have to go quite that far to get it. I do stall out waves a bit by tanking the last few mobs of each wave until they lose Aggro to time-out. Sources of healing in my case were from traps and gear.
  • Hmm, that's interesting. I suppose I'll take another look at it from a different approach. Thanks!
  • Hey guys, 

Just a heads up, Endless will be balanced for solo play in the next patch, which should make this easier to achieve without a party.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ShadeDev said:
    Hey guys, 

Just a heads up, Endless will be balanced for solo play in the next patch, which should make this easier to achieve without a party.

Good news. I might also hope that a pass is done to the normal game overall - my impression is consistently that most of these levels are doable only with cooperators.

I also greatly miss the hierarchal step-by-step level system from the other two OMDs, with accompanying story bits & voiceovers. Without that, it seems like something is missing here... that the maps are simply a collection of levels, as if from a community mod pack. A fan .wad file.

Btw, love/hate (!) the stilt guys.
  • There are a few chiev's that I doubt even 0.1% of the player base will get. Taking 1 million damage in a single match, is a little wow, I've never taken 10k even on endless. Adoring Fans is another that would require a specific build and playing specifically for it, even then backing up 50 people in a single mesmerize doesn't seem like something I could pull off. Faces Down, kill 50 with a single In Your Faces from Max, that wouldn't be possible solo unless you are incredibly lucky.

Under the category of not hard but just why? Prowl as Midnight for 30 minutes, Prowl lost nearly all of its value when siege left. So here's an achievement where you have to do something kinda useless for extended periods to complete. Same with Bionka's killing unstable rifts achievement, she is probably the worst hero for taking down unstable rifts because she can't get it and get back in position quickly.
  • Max and Gab achievement are quite easy, but you need to set-up for them

For the ironside I don't have it yet ( becuase can rarely get 1 hour / 1h30 hour straight without interruption), I tried it once got 200K damage in about 20-25 minutes, it`s not really hard you just stand there  ;)

As for prowl, every ennemy hit while under prowl gets stun, so I find prowl quite usefull, activate prwol , position yourself and then dash, stun a full lane, + you get s peed boost when under prowl, so I find it most usefull

As for Bionka and the unstable, yep that`s one for the grinding, at least in 2-3 hit the rift is dead, so she does not need to get there early 
    • It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
  • Do you have to kill more than 50 to get "faces down" or exactly 50? Because i have been trying it on the wall on war mage. In first wave you can get more than 80 if you wait till they destroy gate with 2 barricades and 3 tar traps. I have been trying to get exactly 50 kills by manualy opening the gate, bo so far no luck with achievement, even thou i got once info about 50 multikills nad 50 minions deaths after using only "in your face". I have made "adoring fans" on banquet hall on war mage after my second try and i found it wierd that i didn`t succedded first time with my setup and all.
  • 50 or more will do the job

you have to pack them found it easier in restricted section
  • edited May 17
    @CremoAcanthis hope to see the ironside video soon and ill be forever grateful.

P.S. I actually got these 2 achievements before seeing your video and my alternative ( a bit easier in my opinion) is to use "the wall"  map (use the lowest difficulty, not endless) and as much as possible delay the breaking of the gate with stuns ( decoys could help and remember to stay in front/outside of the gate taking in aggro but not killing any minions) and this could be done on the FIRST WAVE SOLO . the minions will flood ( hehe floodgate) and boom achievement achieved. 
  • Congratz :), to be honest that was my first try for the face down achievement, I just pick restrited section because I could merge all the gates together and I knew that was a map that had quite a few mobs and it would be easy to stack them.

Ironside should be coming, when I'll be able to have 1h / 1h30 of undisrupted time, 
  • They just added 1 too many zeroes to the achievement  :)

So, what's your favorite whiskey!
2»