Release 2.0 - Sabotage & Commercial Release Notes

Comments

• nthornnthorn Member
    edited April 14
    we'll have to see how the scoring plays out but i suspect the entrance will be the only place people use for high scores. right now the only way to 5 star some maps is to literally kill things at the first tile from the entrance. 5 star will double your score so it looks like i'll have to play every map at the door.... disappointing
  • nthornnthorn Member
    in OMD2 didnt minions in the air pause the combo timer? glad to see that. what is the current combo timer?
  • HuskeyHuskey Member
    Great patch notes guys! Really looking forward to get my hands on Sabotage, though it feels like right now, people won't want to be buying health or mana potions from the store, it seems like you're just giving yourself a chance to get a bad 'consumable role' in Sabotage. I'll have to wait and see, if it turns out people aren't buying potions/scrolls because they want to inflict more damage on the other team as opposed to buffing themselves up, it might be a good idea to consider that 1 of the 3 slots for consumables always be a potion? But then again, people could just buy one potion and always have it come up. Something to think about though.

Also, I'll probably make a suggestion post on this later, but on the trap info pages, can we actually get more detailed info? (like a lot more)? A lot of the text is cut off/unclear, and we are left to calculate our % extra damage traps do from upgrading. If under the damage portion we could have the baseline level 1 dmg, then beside it in green text (and brackets maybe), have the current damage according to trap tier? Same goes for CD or recharge rate, trap cost, etc even after parts are slotted in, so we can very clearly see the effect our upgrades are doing? It would be one of the top QoL changes possible, along with that codex or 'orc encyclopedia' in game that was being worked on.

Thanks everyone at Robot!
  • Bad MonkeyBad Monkey Member, Master Founder, Early Access

@Bad Monkey I didn't feel that much of a problem playing Hogarth. I think you are trying to play him as a huge damage dealer and ofc, compared to bionka he looks "useless" to you. He might need 6 swings to kill an enemy but he can tank several of them in top of your traps and he can freeze everything around every 3 swings. Try playing him with his strengths rather than trying to make him work with his weaknesses.
    Actually, now even those strengths he had have since been nerfed with 2.0, which will make his, as you said "weakness", just that much more of an issue than it already was. Where they have him as of this update will be fine, as long as the DPS of his primary attack is significantly increased. Otherwise, he'll remain an undesirable and little used Hero, as he has been all along. It's really just that simple.
  • OnikageOnikage Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Does the release of 2.0 on the 19th also come with an account reset/wipe?

I'm good with either way, just can't seem to find a definitive answer on this. Thanks!
  • Onikage said:
    Does the release of 2.0 on the 19th also come with an account reset/wipe?

I'm good with either way, just can't seem to find a definitive answer on this. Thanks!
    No reset.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    nthorn said:
    we'll have to see how the scoring plays out but i suspect the entrance will be the only place people use for high scores. right now the only way to 5 star some maps is to literally kill things at the first tile from the entrance. 5 star will double your score so it looks like i'll have to play every map at the door.... disappointing
    As @TimeMaster already mentioned. Par time grants a bonus and 5 star of course does too. But in case of scoring it is much more valuable to aim 4 stars with a combo orientated killbox than defending everything at the doors especially because there are often missing trap spots at the entrances (no ceiling, no wall) and of course your group has to split and you will get less combos. 
    Besides that in my opinion the endless mode scores are the most valuable but I don't wanna discuss about that :)
    Let's simply try the patch and moaning later on.
  • Take "paid" consumables out of Sabotage.
  • nthornnthorn Member
    Straggy said:
    nthorn said:
    As @TimeMaster already mentioned. Par time grants a bonus and 5 star of course does too. But in case of scoring it is much more valuable to aim 4 stars with a combo orientated killbox than defending everything at the doors especially because there are often missing trap spots at the entrances (no ceiling, no wall) and of course your group has to split and you will get less combos. 
    Besides that in my opinion the endless mode scores are the most valuable but I don't wanna discuss about that :)
    Let's simply try the patch and moaning later on.
    I mainly play solo and never more than 2 people. Like i said we will see how it goes. patch looks good for the most part. lots of bug fix
  • I'm kind of surprised with the change to Hogarth. 
    • Additional axes from MORE AXE! weaver will now deal half damage.
    With the removal of PVP every hero needs some wave clear capability and solo lane potential. I think this is hurting that overall viability in a hero that already struggles to solo lane.
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    I think they try some light balances for sabotage mode. Hogarth never was a kind of burst dps hero and always relied on CC and survivability. You may struggle with him solo, but a well adapted trap setup might help. Every hero got its own playstyle and strengh/weakness and if you don't like him on a special map or at all, it's easy to avoid playing him.
  • Hogarth, a weak hero that's now weaker.

I'm interested to see the new ranking system and competition mode. That should be fun!

Who complained that heroes were too difficult to fight? I thought they were the only much needed challenge. The minions are mostly cannon fodder. Some heroes do have a difficult time with the enemy heroes but if you avoid them until their skills are on cooldown they are easy to kill...
  • The only problems I ever had with heroes is that they tend to hide in the spawn where you cant kill them and only a few of the different heroes could spawn on you.  Why not any of the others?

• rayleiraylei Member
    edited April 17
    Hogarth, a weak hero that's now weaker.

I'm interested to see the new ranking system and competition mode. That should be fun!

Who complained that heroes were too difficult to fight? I thought they were the only much needed challenge. The minions are mostly cannon fodder. Some heroes do have a difficult time with the enemy heroes but if you avoid them until their skills are on cooldown they are easy to kill...
    Maybe you never get to see 5 lv 20 heroes spawn+the ones that hide in the respawn(Smolder can shoot through the barrier too) ambush you in endless. They can deal a huge amount of dmg on us. You have never been through those nightmares. They killed your entire team even if your entire team unchained. 

Play the Wall map in endless and see how annoying and unnecessary those heroes cam be.
    Post edited by raylei on
    So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
  • The enemy heroes are bad in too many ways. Their hacks include shot perfect accuracy, max's reflective shield and bionka's instant kills. Also they got frankly boring and predictable to defeat. The mercs will hopeful provide a challenge to both noobs and pros.
    Until we get used to their tricks.
  • AI heroes are designed to cheat to make up for not being a player; that is very typical in most games. They were literally the only presentable challenge in most games, and I never really saw it as an issue. The heroes hanging out in the spawn was annoying but they don't count towards wave time so it doesn't matter. Honestly, it just sounds like people cry too much. The mercs hopefully aren't walking rocks and respond well to heroes. 
  • nthornnthorn Member
    raylei said:
    Hogarth, a weak hero that's now weaker.

Maybe you never get to see 5 lv 20 heroes spawn+the ones that hide in the respawn(Smolder can shoot through the barrier too) ambush you in endless. They can deal a huge amount of dmg on us. You have never been through those nightmares. They killed your entire team even if your entire team unchained. 

Play the Wall map in endless and see how annoying and unnecessary those heroes cam be.
    I've had 25-30 heroes grouped behind the gate in throne room endless. they finally came out in one huge group and it was hilarious
  • SkillletttSkilllettt Member
    edited April 19
    i win 5 game in a row but i still at the same rank... and sometimes i win (or lose) a rank only with 1 win/lose ... how the rank system work ? o_O
  • well 6 now and still at the same rank ... u_u'
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    well 6 now and still at the same rank ... u_u'
    It's most likely not about wins or losses. It looks like most ELO/MMR on a lot of games, Ranks being thresholds of points and depending on how high or low the MMR of the people in your team (and yours) and the other team, you will win or lose more or less points after a match.

Altough as every MMR/ELO system, to work properly, it needs thousands of matches played and a lot of players to be able to have a very accurate tracking of performance. Also since it's just new, it might take some days/weeks to normalize and put everyone where they should be, but you shouldn't worry much, as more games you play, more accurate your ranking will be (more accurate reflecting how good/bad/lucky you are respect others).