SABOTAGE new HEAD to HEAD mode :)

13»

Comments

• Does anyone have a problem with how disconnected the play mode feels? Whatever I am doing on my map has no visual impact on the game and therefore seems to have no bearing on the other team's progress. Some sort of split screen/ phantom camera/ PIP would at least convince a player that what they do with their cards are having an impact on the other team.   
  • @snakec I get what you mean by disconnected, as it feels your just using abilities that go into a void as it gives you no actual feedback; the only feedback I have recognized is when I see them barricade around the door, then use Kamikazes and seeing all the barricades disappear is the best feedback I get so far but does require me to constantly flick from game to map.
  • Yeah I have a problem with the disconnection of the game mode. Once I disconnect I can't reconnect the game just fails.

Other than that I love this play mode, I don't know what your problem with being disconnected is. I like how it all just comes down to how long you can survive for.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • edited April 20
    snakec said:
    Does anyone have a problem with how disconnected the play mode feels? Whatever I am doing on my map has no visual impact on the game and therefore seems to have no bearing on the other team's progress. Some sort of split screen/ phantom camera/ PIP would at least convince a player that what they do with their cards are having an impact on the other team.   
    I was just about to say something similar. My first game felt like playing a normal game until we suddenly won mid wave. I have no clue if what I was sending at the other guys was good or bad (kobolds and speed boosting minions sounds good in theory, but I don't know how it actually worked out). I never had a feel for if we were winning or losing. It doesn't feel like a competition, having transparent ghost overlay of the other team and minions might change that, but I'm not sure really.

I enjoyed it as a more difficult version of a normal mode game.
  • It really is a strange feeling of competition. Kind of survival with annoying debuffs. You only got response if any enemy dies or they are losing rift points. But tbh i don't like the idea of more information on the opponent team. You see their barricades and hero positions. That's all you need to know in my opinion.
  • I'm skeptical, personally. Skeptical, and with a lot of questions. I'm sure some of those will be answered later.

Mostly I'm worried that re-introducing a competitive mode to the game will put every existing concern and grievance under a microscope. This announcement also comes before the introduction of the premium shop and in the middle of what feels like several iterations of balance tweaks to heroes and traps. Any advantage a player has over another player in terms of item or hero acquisition (or even account level, if that's a factor) is going to make things a lot less fun on the receiving end. People who don't have the "right" heroes or use the "right" traps will get dumped on by their own teammates.

I'm also concerned this will split the playerbase, extending queue times and making group finding even harder.

So I'm worried. But I imagine this is quite a long way out from being on the live servers, and acting like I know everything from a 5-minute video is just foolish. So I'll quietly hope to myself that I'm just being paranoid.
    As a player who stuck with the game for a little under a year playing siege and being lied to by robot multiple times, ultimately quitting a month before they completely removed siege.

BE SKEPTICAL, don't trust them, ever. TBH expect it to be unbalanced and encourage p2w.

Also don't expect prompt bug fixes or re-balancing, they let quick fixes collect dust until they ship "Big" updates.
    There was a repathing exploit in the unchained fortress map forever and one of the devs was in my party and told me that they had the fix but were waiting 2-3 weeks to ship it with another update, so 50% of the siege maps were broken af and not fun to play on.

• kn0ck said:
    I'm skeptical, personally. Skeptical, and with a lot of questions. I'm sure some of those will be answered later.

Mostly I'm worried that re-introducing a competitive mode to the game will put every existing concern and grievance under a microscope. This announcement also comes before the introduction of the premium shop and in the middle of what feels like several iterations of balance tweaks to heroes and traps. Any advantage a player has over another player in terms of item or hero acquisition (or even account level, if that's a factor) is going to make things a lot less fun on the receiving end. People who don't have the "right" heroes or use the "right" traps will get dumped on by their own teammates.

I'm also concerned this will split the playerbase, extending queue times and making group finding even harder.

So I'm worried. But I imagine this is quite a long way out from being on the live servers, and acting like I know everything from a 5-minute video is just foolish. So I'll quietly hope to myself that I'm just being paranoid.
    As a player who stuck with the game for a little under a year playing siege and being lied to by robot multiple times, ultimately quitting a month before they completely removed siege.

BE SKEPTICAL, don't trust them, ever. TBH expect it to be unbalanced and encourage p2w.

Also don't expect prompt bug fixes or re-balancing, they let quick fixes collect dust until they ship "Big" updates.
    There was a repathing exploit in the unchained fortress map forever and one of the devs was in my party and told me that they had the fix but were waiting 2-3 weeks to ship it with another update, so 50% of the siege maps were broken af and not fun to play on.

The game is made in unreal. That means small bugfixes still take lots of time to patch. While a 1GB patch may not mean much to you, what about the guy playing on 2MB/s download speed? The playerbase as a whole has to be considered.

Also, They're a small studio. A bug that would take blizzard 18 hours to fix might take them a week.

Just things to consider.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • edited May 1
    kn0ck said:

I'd be more worried if there was a repathing exploit now in Sabotage that we would have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to ship.  However, as that is not the case, I'm really not sure what the point of your post is now.

Also, your reply to him that he should be skeptical seems rather out of date now that Sabotage has been released with no particularly game breaking problems (there's an exploit with placing unkillable spell totems in certain maps right now, but it doesn't break the game at least even if you do come across a team that's abusing it, which the vast majority of players, me included, have yet to do).  You're basically saying "The game mode's going to be broken and make the game P2W!" when the game mode's been out a while now and none of that has been the case (at least, not more so than it was already before the game mode came out anyways).
  • Lorelle said:
    kn0ck said:

I'd be more worried if there was a repathing exploit now in Sabotage that we would have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to ship.  However, as that is not the case, I'm really not sure what the point of your post is now.

Also, your reply to him that he should be skeptical seems rather out of date now that Sabotage has been released with no particularly game breaking problems (there's an exploit with placing unkillable spell totems in certain maps right now, but it doesn't break the game at least even if you do come across a team that's abusing it, which the vast majority of players, me included, have yet to do).  You're basically saying "The game mode's going to be broken and make the game P2W!" when the game mode's been out a while now and none of that has been the case (at least, not more so than it was already before the game mode came out anyways).
    First things first Knock, they try their best. The whole reason they don't tell us what they are doing in advance is that they will be getting something wrong. Oh and 2-3 weeks for update, they update on Tuesday so of course we are waiting for a week time frame. After Sabotage was released they updated a week later with fixes.
    A few days ago there was something wrong on their side they fixed it in 30 minutes. I am also not afraid of waiting I discovered something even more annoying and waited for 5 months just for them to remove the system. (and before you ask it wasn't siege). So what? I have forgiven them now. And saying 50% of the maps, doesn't make 1 sound any bigger.
    On to Lorelle. I know pathings that some people would consider exploits. Once you press tab you can see what they are doing with the barricades so you only lose to a repathing once then you change your tactic. I also don't think anyone is placing the spell totems in the walls on purpose, because we would see a lot more of them. 
    Anyways I know of an exploit which will annoy every opponent. Just going to test it before a report.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
13»