New chest-only content, chest starvation, and beta levelers

GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
edited April 10 in General Discussion
I have completed all hero chests in game. When the last patch came out I had all but a very few chests left to farm out. Now my only source of gameplay chests is the daily and the weekly. Last patch release two new guardians. I haven't gotten either for obvious reasons. There are very limited chests for me to get them.

I do however see a lot of levelers getting the new guardians without problems.

This isn't a problem just for now but any new guardians and gear that is added in the future are chest only.  So people who have completed all hero chests are in a situation that they are chest starved and any new content that is added chest-only is harder for them to get than people who started later. Yes I could buy chests in store, but it's too RNG and frankly it's merely a difference of when you played that causes this effect.

One remedy is to add new guardians and gear to the upcoming gib store. Perhaps there are other solutions.

Comments

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    We are aware of the issue.  It's something we are looking at solving in the coming months. 

For now, however, you can continue to obtain chests via quests.  In addition, in the next patch, you'll be able to obtain and additional chest each day via sabotage.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ShadeDev said:
     It's something we are looking at solving in the coming months.

So far away!

At least sabotage is a yay!
  • When is the gib store coming out?  I thought by the announcement awhile ago that it would be sooner rather than later.

• You know there is an easy way to fix that right?... Remove gold as a currency. Make skulls purchasable(so they can keep the F2P model). And allow players to buy chests with skulls. BAM! Fixed your problem. Obviously the amount of skulls you get per match may need to be adjusted so you can comfortably use them for upgrades and such, but at least you can play the game endlessly without getting "bottlenecked" on chests. Ooooooor just make every map drop a chest at the end...   :)
  • When is the gib store coming out?  I thought by the announcement awhile ago that it would be sooner rather than later.
    yeah, i wanna know too. Already got ton of those tier 7 cards waiting to be got rid of :/
  • Next patch AFTER full release apparently. 
  • yobbobear said:
    Next patch AFTER full release apparently. 
    Next patch, you meant 19th April? :o
  • They said in the livestream premium shoppe was not coming next update. Since they are working on sabotage.
  • They said in the livestream premium shoppe was not coming next update. Since they are working on sabotage.
    if that's true then nothing else we can do but waiting again :/
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited April 11
    They might have to take the expansion pack approach and let people choose whether they get rewards from a "classic" chest or an expansion chest. This would mean only releasing new traps/gear/guardians/etc in sets though.  There might be benefits to that if it's on a schedule; ie, pulling people in every 2 months with a whole set of new stuff.
    Post edited by Hypovolemic on
  • rayleiraylei Member
    I shall level my boom barrel roller to t3 on day, one day!
    So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
  • CdrKeenCdrKeen Member, Apprentice Founder
    I'm still not playing that much because there is only one chest a day.

Just to level up is no reward for me. And without chests, i do not need any skulls.

I started a discussion about that over here http://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/12589/idea-to-keep-players-playing

pogo!