The game is unplayable after this patch

I tried to play the game from two different computers, and on both of them the game was literally unplayable. 

On the first one, a laptop (windows 8) - the game loaded just fine, pretty much took as much time to load as it did before (10-15 seconds), thing is the game stopped responding as soon as the game started and showed the skills explanations. It allowed me to reconnect, but then loading took so long that minions already started coming & destroyed my rift before I could connect.

On the second one, a stationary computer (windows 7) the game is taking ages to load, so long that the rift is already destroyed before my character connects into the game, even though before the patch I was usually the first one to load and it took approximately 10 seconds to do so.

Also, my friend's having the login issue but devs are looking into it, so I'll just skip that. We're both from Europe and we're all playing the game through steam. 

Any ideas what could cause the unusual long loading screens & the game not responding for no reason at all? And any possible fixes?

Comments

• @Theetis

A good idea would be to check game files integrity
    1. Restart your computer and launch Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

• It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
  • TheetisTheetis Member
    @Theetis

A good idea would be to check game files integrity
    1. Restart your computer and launch Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Didn't help at all ;/
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Also if you have a firewall or antivirus that you had to manually add an exclusion to, check it. I can't say for certain, but it wouldn't be unheard of for something to change with how the game is represented (causing issues there). That's the only thing coming to mind from me right now.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • I had the same issue. I installed the game client (not steam) and I launch the game as an administrator. The maps now take seconds to load, instead of minutes.
    The problem now is that in-game configuration is lost every time, so I have to change keybindings every time. But at least I can play !
  • TheetisTheetis Member
    Alright, small update. The games do take a longer time to load, but it seems to have stabilized enough for me to still have time to do something. Now, the client itself is very laggy. Let's say, after a sabotage match it takes about 4 minutes for it to leave me back to the home page so I can play another match. 
    The antivirus or firewall are always disabled for me so I don't think they're the issue. 
  • WinwinWinwin Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @Theetis - Double-check for any programs running in the background, including chat programs or VPN's. Shut them down and try again.

If the issue persists after that, please send us a task list, your DxDiag, and your log files. 

To create a task list, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard. 
    2. When the run window pops up, type cmd in the entry field and click "Ok". 
    3. When the DOS prompt loads, copy and paste the following line into the command prompt: tasklist /v > "%USERPROFILE%\desktop\Process.txt" 
    4. Press enter. 
    5. This will generate a file on your desktop titled Process.txt. 
    6. Include this file with your DxDiag and log files when you write back in.

Details on how to do this can be found here.