Infinite battleground loading screen - "server connection lost"

Here's my problem : 
Launched the game, the dashboard shows up fine.
Select a battleground (any of them), select everything and launch the game.
The game launches and I reach the loading screen....
And after 5 minutes of loading screen I get "server connection lost".

1- It is not due to my internet connection cause it was working 20 minutes earlier
2- It's not due to any firewall cause my friend and I are having the same issue, and after asking in the chat many people seems to have this problem

Before you ask I'm european and working with a more than sufficient config for this game.

Comments

• Frozen OneuitFrozen Oneuit Member, Early Access
    A lot of people including myself are suffering from the issue at the moment. From what I'm getting from the general chat, it's probaly the servers.
  • Actually, I followed what a friend told to me to delete the following folder : 
    Documents/My Games/Orcmustdieunchained/Spitfiregames/Config

It worked cause the game recreated the folder on launch
    The only values that have been changed for me are the key bindings q<->a and z<->w qwerty to azerty

Maybe it's the cause of it
  • MitchellWMitchellW Member, Moderator, Early Access
    Modfinder said:
    Actually, I followed what a friend told to me to delete the following folder : 
    Documents/My Games/Orcmustdieunchained/Spitfiregames/Config

It worked cause the game recreated the folder on launch
    The only values that have been changed for me are the key bindings q<->a and z<->w qwerty to azerty

Maybe it's the cause of it
    I'm glad that's got you working.

We know that typically fixes crashes and freezes, as indicated in our Knowledge Base, it's odd that it was required after playing some games successfully.

If that happens again, can you send us your log files before you flush your config files. We don't want you to have to make a habit of flushing your config files to play the game everyday.

https://support.robotentertainment.com/hc/en-us/articles/208141403-I-don-t-see-a-solution-for-my-problem-in-the-Knowledge-Base-for-Orcs-Must-Die-Unchained-Can-I-send-you-my-logs-

• AllocAlloc Member
    Had this last week, now it's happening again. Btw, wasn't solved by deleting anything or whatever last time but rather just trying again for a while. Suppose it's some kind of server issues.
  • yobbobearyobbobear Member
    edited April 24
    I was getting this a lot, but not always.  In the last hour or two I have just reinstalled the game and changed my DNS settings to googles (8.8.8.8). I have been able to load quickly in each map since then. 

If anything changes I will respond I here again. 
    Is there any possibility that new servers were put online at launch and that maybe some of us are having DNS problems? I don't remember problems like this in Open Beta playing on the US servers. 

I also should note that I initially downloaded the game via steam before "second" commercial release and then got the 20MB patch when it was fixed. Perhaps it is related to that? Did anybody else get the "too early" release of the game and then patch it?

Just putting a few theories out there to narrow this down.
  • I got the early release and then had to patch it again I got Game crashes during match and then you can't reconnect.
    But that is a different bug. But it does cause unknown bugs.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • TrnokopTrnokop Member
    Hey, I'm having this problem for the last couple of days, since the release. Tried all of the above, nothing really helps. I would like to point out that I get this infinite "connection lost" issue when I'm launching solo battlegrounds, but when I'm playing with a friend or just a battle ground in a queue it loads (with the wave already started and me with 0 coin) and the whole gameplay is very laggy, almost unplayable and impossible to even try 5starring a map. My config meets the minimum requirements and I'm from Europe and before the release it was fine. I've been playing the open beta since before the gameforge migration.
  • @Trnokop You should try to ping OMDU servers, to see if it's laggy because of your connection to the servers or if it's caused by the game configuration that has been corrupted. You can also try to send your config logs to OMDU as MitchellW explained it above.
  • I still haven't had any problems since taking the actions described in my previous post. If you are still having problems consider reinstalling. Not sure if you can do that during server maintenance down time or not.