Launcher is constantly freezing, very slow and frustrating to nav in..

The client is very slow, put sometimes 15-20 sec to show menus or simply end-games scores, and i have a mate who have the same issues.

I dont think my computer is the problem, i can play without any freezes in-game and i play others that requires way more ressources than a game client ^^" ... 

Just reporting the issue, hoping that will be fixed anytime soon.

Comments

• GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    I have this occasionally. When I reboot and start fresh it doesn't seem to happen but at some point it does get slow for me too. I thought maybe it's a recent Windows 10 update or the virus protection, but I did disable the virus protection and it didn't help so can rule that one out.
  • WinwinWinwin Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @Mooncat - Like @Gorkster pointed out, it may be time to reboot if you have left the client up and open for a long period of time.

If you're running any programs in the background, please try shutting them down. If your antivirus and firewall are active, try disabling those as well. If neither of those affect your performance, are you tabbing out of the dashboard between menus? If you tab out of the dashboard between menus, you will experience significantly longer load times. 

If the issue persists, send us a task list, your log files, and your DxDiag - we'll be happy to investigate further.

To create a task list, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard. 
    2. When the run window pops up, type cmd in the entry field and click "Ok". 
    3. When the DOS prompt loads, copy and paste the following line into the command prompt: tasklist /v > "%USERPROFILE%\desktop\Process.txt" 
    4. Press enter. 
    5. This will generate a file on your desktop titled Process.txt. 
    6. Include this file with your DxDiag and log files when you write back in.

Instructions on how to find the other files and send them all our way can be found here.
    @Winwin One of the main slows is during launch where the client can even become unresponsive. This happens for both the steam and the standalone client but never after a fresh boot. I noticed that while it is stuck the drive that hosts the game has massive data written to it. I checked the file access details and it seems that it tries to write a massive log file output_log.txt. It does eventually unfreeze (about 50-90 seconds) but the dashboard remains sluggish after that. See screenshot.

@winwin Here is a shot using windows resource monitor:

Clearly a massive output_log.txt file is being written by the dashboard. Weirdly I check the file size and it is always zero. The process is unresponsive for as long as this file is being written which for me takes about 60-90 seconds.
  • MasterHunterMasterHunter Member
    edited April 25
    This is definitely a problem. For me, I only see it return to "normal" (no freezing at all) after restarting my PC.

It's bad enough that the window freezes when doing anything. Opening a chest I hear it open, nothing visually happens, then seconds later it actually opens up visually. No heavy processes in the background are changed from startup to later when the freezing happens.

This is the only game (launcher) that I have had any problems like this. In-game killing orcs is fine.

Ps. quickly editing posts sucks. Tried to edit this within 30 seconds and I get spam blocked?