Sabotage Matchmaking system problems

edited May 10 in Suggestion Box
Hi everyone

I think its really impossible to get higher rank if you'r going solo q to sabotage games. Game giving EVERYONE daily quest as ' win 2 sabotage games '. and game matching me with too much 20-50 levels.

I am not blaming low level players . ofc they want play sabotage and get some rewards from daily quests too.

Real problem is matchmaking and its not depends on your level. In sabotage waves level like 95 or higher. if u havent got full t7 traps its not enough to defend. EVery single time game matching me with low level players and i lost all time.

another thing is..
for example if i go solo q. i want aganist players all solo. game matching 3 solo players aganist a party clan all time? is dat your fair system?

Hope n next patch they will find some another way for it.

Post edited by Elanor on

Comments

• Just experienced this first hand in solo queue. Matched with two players who were so new to the game they were unfamiliar with the maps or even barricade placement, yet we were up against a full high level premade clan. So, of course, we got wiped out in 2 waves against the high-end cards. Waited 5-7 minutes to requeue, matched against the SAME clan, this time with two players that didn't even have two guardians and couldn't connect to the game. Game started 1v3, with one player reconnecting as the first wave hit, and the second reconnecting as we lost. Matchmaking needs a SERIOUS rework in Sabotage at the moment or it will kill the game.
  • The issue is that if you restrict it so that all solo Q play with all solo Q, then 2 person queues have no one to match with. On top of that, you drastically reduce the amount of people a 3-person group can play against.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • edited May 6
    As one of these new players, I'm really annoyed by the "Win 2" condition of the daily quest.  I greatly dislike that the Win 2 quest in the only option.  Play 3 should be enough as well if you the developers, absolutely must have everyone from every level range participating.

As is, Win 2 may as well be purposefully designed to exclude under-experienced players from ever acquiring it.  It's damming because it takes up a quest slot that can never be replaced, only serving to taunt us into eventually trying to play Sabotage in where we, or at least I, discover we are incredibly inept.  So, then I go onto the forums and learn that there is a chance of me being paired against max level players that could even be pre-made teams?

Any chance at all over being paired with or against high end players will likely ruins the experience.  Either I ride it out and win or I ride it out and lose, both cases make for me having a small impact.

I recommend making a noticeable separation between the two normal quests and the Sabotage quest, this is to really show that one quest slot will always be take by Sabotage. 

Additionally, replace 'Win 2' quest with 'Play 3'.  Keep this replacement until you've got a working match making system that can effectively separate players into reasonable tiers or high enough player base to do the same.  You'll know the system will be ready when the Win 2 quest is something that the average player would not need to play more than 6 games to complete, with the actual average number of games needed to complete be as close to between 4 and 4.5 as possible. Players that lose too often to give up quicker.
  • edited May 6
    Which is understandable, over restriction would be just as much of a problem. But there should be some limiters such as clans, premades, and level groupings. As it stands now, it is creating a toxic environment that will deter new players from continuing on in the game and culls new growth.
    Post edited by Jessemyn on
  • I also got very frustrated with this "Win 2 sabotage games" quest, I feel its simply undoable for people playing without a friend or a clan. Just yesterday, I decided to try it again dispite the countless fails before, my teammates didnt seem to know the map or a build for it at all so they just built a couple spike traps right in front of the rift and ofc we lost instantly in the first wave while the enemy team still had full rift points...

If you are going to keep this quest, at least change it to "PLAY 2 games of sabotage" instead, like others here have already suggested. Personally I would much rather see it gone permanently because if people dont want to play sabotage you shouldnt force them to do so... And before you say quests are optional, they really arent if you want to get anywhere in this game before you get bored of grinding for skulls and chests.
  • I guess that the problem with ''Play 2 game'' is that some players will just find a sab match log in, start the game go get a coffee or something listen to the tv, lose, and do that once more, get their chest, that will just enrage more and more player.

For my part I still think the best solution would be to put Sabotage has an unlockable at a certain level, at least war mage level
    • It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
  • I guess that the problem with ''Play 2 game'' is that some players will just find a sab match log in, start the game go get a coffee or something listen to the tv, lose, and do that once more, get their chest, that will just enrage more and more player.

For my part I still think the best solution would be to put Sabotage has an unlockable at a certain level, at least war mage level
    You may be right. But then that just gives all the more reason to remove the quest completely, or at least make it a  random occurance like every other quest rather than a forced daily.
  • they did not say that the quest would be permanent,

when sabotage was release they said that the xp quest would be change to win 2 sabotage round as a way to create interrest in sabotage.

So it`s still possible that it will change in the near futur, but I think it will stay there until they find the correct balance of things 
    • It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
  • I do understand that , they want to see everyone playing sabotage. But point is everyone should have fun. 

Even giving level difference will not make player happy, for example ;

Why 25 level player cant play sabotage? ofc player should play too , But another same rank players with him.
  • edited May 10
    I did solo queue sometimes. For example, I just did 3 yesterday = 3 wins.

First win, one bomb destroy some barricades.
    Second win, pass the first two waves with card.
    Third win (full team), the ennemies lose all their points in two waves when the third gate opened on Training camp.

I don't trust my teammates or their traps.
    I setup a killbox when i can put it and not where the best is.
    I camp on my killbox and I don't let pass any minions behind me.
    It' s rare that the rift points isn't 25 at the end of the 8 waves. Some exceptions are the map. (like the map with 5 gates)
    And even if this number drops under 25, the ennemies often drop more points.

In solo queue, my winrate must be around +80%.
    I lose when we go to sudden death. It's more like a 40% chance to win but I don't go to sudden death often.
    I lose against full team about 35% but again, I don't see often a full team.

So about "random low level teammates":
    I agree, they are often low level with low trap.
    I agree the most of the time they don't know really well the map.
    I agree they don't really know how/where to put their traps to have the best damage.
    I agree they died a lot of time.

BUT, you seems to forget some things when you have low level with you:
    1 - The hp from ennemies are far lower = So it's easier to kill ennemies even if your teammates or your killbox aren't prefect. 
    2 - I rarely go to Sudden Death = The cards are very strong and the ennemies can't handle the 8 waves.
    3 - You usually fight against 3 randoms too and not a full team high level = When you encounter an issues, you need to think that in the ennemy camp, they might be the same and have some issues too.

From my experience, you can rank up with solo queue. You can be around Gold II for sure.
  • To be completely honest, with the matchmaking being quite random, soloQ is the best way of getting your true rank. It probably needs a lot of matches to get there but it's still the best way.

If you are a top player, you will be able to win most of the matches and rank up higher and faster than playing with a full premade. It will be more frustrating though.
    If you are a very bad player, you will keep making your team lose until you get better and start ranking up.
    Anything in between, if you SoloQ you will most likely have big jumps up and down, ranking and deranking quite often but if you are better than average, you will end up having a tendency to rank up and stay in ranks. 
  • Well to appease those who don't like sabotage they should have a toggle switch above the second quest.  On one setting it gives you a "win 2 sabotage games" quest with a chest reward.  On the other setting it gives you a "kill x of random minions or boss" quest and gives you an xp reward.

For the carebears that are outraged at that suggestion, that is what the quest was prior to patch 2.0.  The second chest is a bonus on top of a bonus.  
  • To be completely honest, with the matchmaking being quite random, soloQ is the best way of getting your true rank. It probably needs a lot of matches to get there but it's still the best way.

If you are a top player, you will be able to win most of the matches and rank up higher and faster than playing with a full premade. It will be more frustrating though.
    If you are a very bad player, you will keep making your team lose until you get better and start ranking up.
    Anything in between, if you SoloQ you will most likely have big jumps up and down, ranking and deranking quite often but if you are better than average, you will end up having a tendency to rank up and stay in ranks. 
    never see you in solo Q mate, but saw so many times with clan as 3