Patch 2.1 - Premium Shoppe!

Comments

• lordbeef said:
    Yeah should be interesting to see how camping the rift affects strats. I know ice amulet spam has worked pretty well in survival. 
    Cygnus rift camping is also pretty good, with the stun on chain lightning
    • It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Bragdras said:
    When will the damn weaver upgrade for Zoey that changes her magic school not flicker the screen each time she gets a kill, it's seriously obnoxious and this issue has been reported multiple times for several months, get it together already, either remove the effect and put a sound instead or just remove any sort of effect altogether.
    That will be removed with update 2.1 :)
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    With the change to endless will the leaderboards reset for 2 & 3 player.

They really should whenever difficulty is changed.
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    They aren't changing endless difficulty, just making hero damage scale with number of players just like in survival and sabotage.  That means 3 player endless will see no change at all with this patch.  Only 1 player and 2 player will get easier because heroes will deal more damage, specially 1 player will deal 3x damage compared to now and 2 players will deal 1.5x compared to now. 
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    It's being made "easier" for solo, so no need to reset... if it was being made harder, yeah... :P
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    SeanPoe said:
    They aren't changing endless difficulty, just making hero damage scale with number of players just like in survival and sabotage.  That means 3 player endless will see no change at all with this patch.  Only 1 player and 2 player will get easier because heroes will deal more damage, specially 1 player will deal 3x damage compared to now and 2 players will deal 1.5x compared to now. 
    Jacowboy said:
    It's being made "easier" for solo, so no need to reset... if it was being made harder, yeah... :P

Harmonia said:Endless Mode:Now spawns Mercs in the repeating (later) waves.

It's gonna be harder, however with the scoring overflow problem I'd expect a reset or adjustment by the time that the problem is fixed.

Also there aren't many high scores or endless has been that explored for now, and ultimately there are no rewards for the leaderboards either, so I don't know.
  • I wonder, Will we see Crogon Hatchlings at battleground as well? 
  • Another thing.... That fact that we will spend lots of gibbs and still not being luck and get what we want/need and instead got less gibbs than what we spent... That is really bad. In some other games that I play and have this kind of system, I mean system that gives a new currency for surplus the exchange rates kind of is expensive but at least what you spent it on is not RGN so if you play enough and spent enough you are able to have everything... In Omdu it is more about luck and rgn and prob a player won't get every trap t7 and have every parts he wants in each trap, it is a bit bad imo. Although if we will be able to get more chests in the future, maybe unlimited it might still have some hope.
  • Cooldude666Cooldude666 Member
    edited May 14
    I think the nerf of bionka was to harsh 30% less and and destroying one of her core abilitys and giving it only a 40% low it would need to be 70% for it to do anything cos she has a 40% slow on a 6-10s cd and idk if she needed less dmg just changing the knockup so she can't get x4 dmg from mid air attacks or just give her less ability dmg
  • LuaniLuani Member
    What about parts? I have more of the same parts then, there are traps for them. Do we get Gibs for this as well?
  • They have said a few times spare parts are going to be transfered but not too recently.
    So maybe it's coming maybe not.
  • DelsaberDelsaber Member
    btw its Thursday it goes live right?.  Anyway onto the Review. I'm sort of in agreement here with Cooldude666 here, if anything Bionka CC was a good focus her damage was not, the damage fall off  once you hit 10 mins or more into Endless Sabotage is pathetic and I'm in my mid 90s on my account, what keeps this meta the way it is in terms of CC is Ivy... did this fly over the Dev's heads? or is she THAT meta SOOOOO needed that good players wont post about her in the forums to keep there shiny IVY the way it is... when endless hits after Wave 8 Ivys right click is what keeps the matches going forever and ever and ever and ever, if you ask me i would just replace her right click entirely with a Team or teammate REZ ability every 90-120 seconds, you keep seeing these constant MLG 2018 YOLO pro Match ups with good players only choosing the best of the best line ups and that being Bionka, Ivy and Dobbin EVERY single time, THERE ARE 13 OTHER HEROS IN THE GAME, Bionkas cc Nerf was a first step, Ivys roots where not the problem fixer, its her right click, I can get it down to 2 second, 2 SECONDS!!!! put me next to a mana well and I'll put the "end" in "endless". Either Nerf her right click or REbuff her roots and replace her right click with a REZ...  This is one thing I feared almost a year back is a boring meta would establish itself. and I want this to be a more even playing field for all characters and soon enough all trap types/combos. 
  • @Delsaber Nope Tuesday it comes out. I agree with Ivy being overused.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    Delsaber said:
    did this fly over the Dev's heads? or is she THAT meta SOOOOO needed that good players wont post about her in the forums to keep there shiny IVY the way it is...  
    Pfff please, of course it's been discussed... why do you think she's getting nerfed? The thing is, when you tink "OP" you don't think about Ivy right away... and Bionka is very popular for her massive raw strenght, Ivy is weak unless you build her well, and that requires a lot of stuff, not just a hero and some upgrades...
  • ElanorElanor Member
    Harmonia said:

Release 2.1 – Premium Shoppe

Available May 16, 2017

New Sabotage Map: Falling Folly

Falling Folly is now available in Sabotage.

This is really good one , but i think we need just special maps , just for sabotage

gj :)
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    edited May 15
    Well... I agree with almost all of these changes, especially the nerf on Bionka, but I think she's getting hit a bit too hard and being made flat-out useless, depending on what degree "significantly" is taken to. It's gonna be hard to balance her without some sort of rework, y'know. Increasing or decreasing a few numbers doesn't work for everything, and I'm afraid doing so here anyways will result in new Bionka being comparable to the old Ivy.

Also, why the decrease in minion health outside of 3-player games? I already find any map on almost any battleground easier with fewer players and I know I'm not the only one. Is this supposed to encourage us to not use matchmaking since pubbing is going to relatively be even harder now?
    Post edited by DominoE on
  • One more thing, I think it is time to develop more and more maps. Imo more maps might be what will keep people playing instead of sabotage. More maps, maybe even ad a bit of lore.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    One more thing, I think it is time to develop more and more maps. Imo more maps might be what will keep people playing instead of sabotage. More maps, maybe even ad a bit of lore.
    We are always working on new maps.  However, we are trying to add systems that extend the life of maps first, like Sabotage and other new features being developed.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Now I am level 100.  If I can't get more XPs then I don't suffer penalty if I reject 2 sabotage victories to get a chest. 

If I don't need sabotage matchs to get the chest, I don't play sabogate any more. It isn't funny for me. I am level 100, +20 traps upgraded to 7th level and I lose most of times. If I win it isn't because I have been better player, or more powerful, but enough luck. Spells break the balance of game too much.  
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    Sabotage is more about strategy than player level or tier of traps. Of course the cards you get to choose from are a big rng factor. Never forget that sabotage mode was designed as a fun mode and never was intended for esl. If you don't like it, play another mode.