Patch 2.1 - Premium Shoppe!

1235»

Comments

• SeanPoe said:
    SenatorBird's idea was never to remove the ability to hold cards.  His idea was to add some small drawback to it so it's not always the best strategy like it is right now.  Put as simply as possible, his idea was to make it so you could only pick new cards if you already used your cards from the previous wave.  You would still have the option to hold a card if you wanted to.  This would prevent the scenario where you can potentially 'upgrade' your held card each wave.  It would also punish players that forget to play their 'bad' cards because they'll miss the ability to pick a new card on the next wave.  It would also have the added benefit of making teams play more cards as they hunt for a good card to hold unlike right now where the ideal strategy is often to deliberately not send cards if they will have no impact (because it denies the other team XP and gold).  There's lots of very good reasons to implement a system like SenatorBird suggested. 

Who actually holds both cards and re-rolls both every round? There's a cost benefit to that, traps for defense or rolling. Traps are a sure benefit while re-rolling is very RNG and expensive, so there's already a negative aspect to doing the "hold card" strat if someone does it. I don't see anything wrong with that.
  • My strategy can't work when my partners are noobs who only use cheap traps (ice shard, arrow walls or spike floors). Anytimes in the last waves I couldn't put more traps because the limit was full. When I win, I don't feel to habe been a good player, but only enough lucky.

Some cards break the balance totally. I have lost, or I have won, because the satyr boss "Swiftyhooves" was summoned. Another times we lost because we suffer the right combo of spell cards. 

I play sabotage only for the chest (and now only the reward is more gibs and useless trap cards). It is like a punishment, a torture, it isn't enough fun. 

Another times when I didn't want spend the best cards, I find only too good spell cards to be spent then. 
  • mdragoonmdragoon Member
    I wonder if this is because baths is only on war mage and rift lord and the rift lord version of the map is adjusting the difficulty of everything? I have had similarly high hp enemies spawn on the baths and falling folly but on folly i had a d/c'd party member which made things less than ideal. on baths everyone just seemed to have minions hitting the rift from wave 1.

If rift lord maps are being played with players below the difficulty level because of the matchmaker balancing this could be an unintended issue.
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • Neron189Neron189 Member
    ShadeDev said:
    Neron189 said:
    Throne room bug still remains.Thanks for the lost game guys :D
    We reduced it significantly.
    I ain't a developer, but can't you make the whole wall kinda deadly??
    You if enemy in any way touches it, boom instant death.They will fall into acid anyways, that way they won't slip away at least.
    SenatorBird said:
    One more thing.
    I think that part of the intended purpose of Sabotage is dead already.
    Sabotage should be a mode that give replay ability of the game and also be a friendly competitive mode.

The replay ability is a yay because for all players that got all chests Sabotage gives them some different experience. And for all players it can be a different challenge. It is not that much rewarding, but it was increased a bit and the devs are working on making it more rewarding yet ( I think).

On the other hand The friendly competitive part just failed.  I think implementing a rank system for a friendly competitive mode and make players want to achieve high ranks to show of and prove their skills just was something that made players take this mode to seriously.

As a consequence some flaws appears in the supposedly "friendly" mode. "Pre mades" and tactics that scare new players from the mode, remove the fun and ability to Solo or duo q,  "remove" the ability of a player meeting  more players and teach new players.

The rank system makes it so nobody wants to drop their current rank. In my opinion no rank system would be more friendly, it would make people play for fun, and don't really care that much if they loose... With the currently Rank system loosing makes people mad because of the rank, it creates toxicity and rudeness.
    That is probably the main reason that killed the Friendly part of this mode.

Last thing, A rank system for some mode that has Luck and Randomness involved does not seems right. Although skill and coordination are things to take in consideration in high ranks match, To get to coordinate the minions and spells used requires luck first. A team can an entire Sabotage match without get any of the best cards in game while the opponent can get a lot of the best cards. No matter how skillful or coordinated a team can be, this kind of luck can be a game changer.

(Editions are mostly text changing, I've keep trying to make my text more clear and with a "better" English, Every time I re-read I always find something to change XD sorry)
    Besides all that, i feel like some hero abilities were created not for sabotage, like completely.Best example i can give is Oziels level 10 upgrade "Diabolic efficiency" it was made for PvP obviously, which has been removed.Some might say Sabotage needs polishing, personally i thinks it needs bigger stuff.
    Jacowboy said:
    I'm not so sure about that... just look at all the people complaining about getting paired with "bad players" in survival... People don't like losing, in general... sure the ranking system might make it worse, but wthout it, you'd still have premades and you'd still have a lot of competitive spirit just because people like to win, imo.
    Besides ranking system, there is a level system.I am silver 1/level 70+ and got paired with 2 players who are definitely lower that 20.
  • @Neron189

Like @ShadeDev already, if in the queue at that point you have a

Level 1 /5 /7 and 17 / 18 and you
    and nobody else join, you`ll get paired together
    and personaly I know level 20 players that are silver II

@Neron189

and personaly I know level 20 players that are silver II

Ye cool, good for them, but why with me?Level 70+
    If that was the worst part, we were versus those Coco guild guys 3 premade, after checking their rank they were gold.
    My point is that matchmaking not only has rank problem but level also.
  • mdragoon said:
    I wonder if this is because baths is only on war mage and rift lord and the rift lord version of the map is adjusting the difficulty of everything? I have had similarly high hp enemies spawn on the baths and falling folly but on folly i had a d/c'd party member which made things less than ideal. on baths everyone just seemed to have minions hitting the rift from wave 1.

If rift lord maps are being played with players below the difficulty level because of the matchmaker balancing this could be an unintended issue.
    This is originally what I thought too after we played it a few times. Falling Folly is also stupid hard in sabotage.
  • lordbeeflordbeef Member
    edited May 18
    Only did falling fally once in sabotage so far but it was the most fun map. Both teams leaked on more than one wave. Won by like two rift points against a premade, just barely. 

I can imagine it destroying bronze/silver ranked players though. 
  • TreakTreak Member
    You did: Sabotage will no longer re-balance when players leave. Unfortunately, this is a better alternative than having players intentionally leave matches to gain a competitive advantage.
    I dont care why, but I want some way how to dont lose my sabotage rank by random leaver, becouse 2vs3 is imposible to win.
    Treak said:
    I dont care why, but I want some way how to dont lose my sabotage rank by random leaver, becouse 2vs3 is imposible to win.
    I can only think of 2 solutions:
    1.Hard punishment for leaving (5 leaving 1 week ban) that leads to permanent ban.
    2.Add surrender option so if 2 players vote yes and one not game ends.

Of course it will not completely solve afk problem, but i bet it will decrease it drastically.
1235»