Undocumented 2.1 Changes

TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
edited May 16 in General Discussion
This is what I have so far for now:
  • Credits of the game, at the dashboard settings. Seems to include everyone that worked in the game prior to Launch?
  • Store deals only sell Traps non T7

• Some rewordings on some weavers to make them clear or adjusted to the new behaviours. 

• New Achievements that give the new infinite consumables

• Wrong changes to refire rate wording, I suppose it was a try to reduce inconsistency but now the tooltips are wrong (they say - Fire rate %) When they should be + Fire rate is used to be or rather - Cooldown % to match most of the wording in the game
  • Added Minions abilities that were missing (like Fire Ogre or Stilt Orcs) in the consumable Cards
  • Some consumable spell name change 
  • Achievements rewording to be more clear 
  • Some minor rewordings on bosses names/descriptions and minions

• Changed the art for Kobold Pups and Combo Generator

• Added Time Stamp in chat messages when hovering

• New Art for Northmun archers maybe more minions
SABOTAGE:

• Added sound when teammates use consumables

• Consumable icon glows when your consumables are in use

• Added notification of which Mercenary has been summoned by you or your team

• Tactical map is more transparent, letting you see heroes and barricades way better.

• Targeting of Map spells like staffs uses a new cursor.
Feel free to add more if you have.
Post edited by TimeMaster on

Comments

• the combo generator part icon has changed to relfect is new slot type also

Pretty sure is was still showing the old one before the patch
  • lordbeef said:
    The store deals change is really really good. Finally something that's not rng in a way that makes it useless sometimes
    Agreed 1,000%
  • You can check when something is posted in chat by hovering over it.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Added some, thanks.
  • You can see the skins of team mates in hero select.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    I was testing some things on apprentice baths with Hogarth and noticed that when the large pack of enemies first broke out of the gate i was only dealing damage to around 5 enemies at a time with his LMB whereas i could have sworn that prior to 2.1 it was closer to 10.  I'm not 100% sure on this, but it looks like melee basic attacks (like LMB) on some heroes might now have a reduced target cap.  Anyone else want to test this and see if this is a real thing or if I'm just misremembering?
    SeanPoe said:
    I was testing some things on apprentice baths with Hogarth and noticed that when the large pack of enemies first broke out of the gate i was only dealing damage to around 5 enemies at a time with his LMB whereas i could have sworn that prior to 2.1 it was closer to 10.  I'm not 100% sure on this, but it looks like melee basic attacks (like LMB) on some heroes might now have a reduced target cap.  Anyone else want to test this and see if this is a real thing or if I'm just misremembering?
    Melee heroes did definetely target more than 5, I'll keep an eye on that next games.
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    That nerf will probably hit Hogarth the hardest since most other melee heroes kill things quickly enough that they don't reach that high a cap, unlike him :(
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    @SeanPoe There shouldn't be a change to the number of enemies a melee hero can hit. 
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • mdragoonmdragoon Member
    edited May 17
    @Harmonia Do you know if it would be possible to just have the trap list it's refire time based on upgrades in the trap description of the launcher? I'm sure it'd take some work by the dev team but it would be good information for player Quality of Life especially if it accounted for springs. same could be done for the cost? Actually having all of this information be updated based on slots would be amazing, I understand you guys may have a lot of things to work on though, just throwing it out there
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
    mdragoon said:
    @Harmonia Do you know if it would be possible to just have the trap list it's refire time based on upgrades in the trap description of the launcher? I'm sure it'd take some work by the dev team but it would be good information for player Quality of Life especially if it accounted for springs. same could be done for the cost? Actually having all of this information be updated based on slots would be amazing, I understand you guys may have a lot of things to work on though, just throwing it out there
    I don't know about the dashboard, but that should be soon in the wiki ;)
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    Harmonia said:
    @SeanPoe There shouldn't be a change to the number of enemies a melee hero can hit. 
    Might be a bug with something specific I'm doing here:

Here's an entire pack of enemies in front of me and only 11 took damage at all and only ~6 took damage visible on their health bar (2 died in this screenshot). 

Just retried this exact same setup with bionka and it felt off with her too.  Prior to 2.1 I'd did dozens upon dozens of tests on this map (apprentice baths) using this exact setup (so i could test various traps on the walls/roof, etc.) and bionka ALWAYS killed everything in front of her with a single swing.  Now she killed 3 enemies and didn't even damage more than 10. 

Again, i'm not 100% sure here, but it definitely feels different.  I can't remember a time that i would need to swing more than twice with bionka to clear this pack on apprentice. 
    edited May 17
    SeanPoe said:
    Harmonia said:

Here's an entire pack of enemies in front of me and only 11 took damage at all and only ~6 took damage visible on their health bar (2 died in this screenshot). 

Just retried this exact same setup with bionka and it felt off with her too.  Prior to 2.1 I'd did dozens upon dozens of tests on this map (apprentice baths) using this exact setup (so i could test various traps on the walls/roof, etc.) and bionka ALWAYS killed everything in front of her with a single swing.  Now she killed 3 enemies and didn't even damage more than 10. 

Again, i'm not 100% sure here, but it definitely feels different.  I can't remember a time that i would need to swing more than twice with bionka to clear this pack on apprentice. 
    I haven't tested this for a long while, I'm not sure about Bionka but Hogarth looks as always? Or atleast as the last time I checked the scaling of melee dmg in Area.

All melee heroes deal damage in Area, having 1 main Target that receives a highest amount of damage and then the dmg fades away to adjacent targets. Last time I checked, all heroes would deal X damage to main Target and then the damage would fade away on each target by reducing the damage in half as in:

Main mob X damage, 2nd mob X/2 damage, 3rd mob X/4, 4th x/8, 5th x/16 etc until the damage was below 1.

Bionka seems to follow that but reducing damage to adjacent by 60% where:

Main mob X damage, 2nd mob X/2.5 damage, 3rd mob X/6.25, 4th x/15.63, 5th/39 etc until the damage is below 1.

Not sure if it was like that before and not sure if it changed to better since the last time I tested and now rolled back. But Hogarth seems to follow this pattern.
  • We're noticing minions are much harder to kill in sabotage and this could be the reason why...
  • lordbeeflordbeef Member
    Kobold pups have new card art and it's super cute
  • DwemerDwemer Member
    Out of curiosity, does anyone else experience really slow speeds when downloading patches through the launcher? It downloads at about 300-400kb/s and I have to leave the thing running literally all day to get the patch. It's been going on 4 hours and I'm only on 67% still.

If you go through steam, does steam handle the patch downloads or does it just open the launcher? Might just switch over because going through this every week is pretty irritating.
  • Severin2kSeverin2k Member
    Dwemer said:
    Out of curiosity, does anyone else experience really slow speeds when downloading patches through the launcher? It downloads at about 300-400kb/s and I have to leave the thing running literally all day to get the patch. It's been going on 4 hours and I'm only on 67% still.

If you go through steam, does steam handle the patch downloads or does it just open the launcher? Might just switch over because going through this every week is pretty irritating.
    The Steam Version from OMD:U gets its updates from Steam

• The new emote is triggered with /defeated
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    SeanPoe said:
    Harmonia said:

Bionka's damage is reducing faster than I intended. 

Hogarth should be unchanged. I'll take a look today to verify.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer