So now that Endless is "balanced" for Solo/duo play. Are we going to see more solo-friendly maps?

First off, I'm really excited about these changes, and although the skull rewards for surviving 25 waves in the baths feels a little underwhelming (around 150/180 and no repeatable rewards) I'm just excited I can properly play Endless without needing to go co-op, it's a huge step in the right direction in my opinion. However I think there's still some extra balancing to do. For one, 25 waves (5 stars) takes around 28 minutes or so, my profile level is 56, the Baths' recommended level is from 1-10 but there's no way in hell someone in that level range would ever get 5 stars in that level even if they were the MacGyver of trap placement, which may perhaps be intended, for 5 stars, but I doubt they'd get past 1 star to be completely honest. So I feel like I should have been able to get farther (even though I'm not fully capped with super high level traps, they far outrank what 1-10 players would have) and that additional chests should be given

Which brings me to my second point, rewards are still pretty lackluster for the difficulty curve and time investment (much easier to get the same/more skulls by playing regular survival, but granted, a little less fun if you like the way endless works (hint hint , I do)). So Ideally rewards should feel actually more scalable.

Now to address the title of this thread, There's (in my opinion) only 2 levels that are actually fun to play in solo endless right now, Baths and Throne Room, because they are the only levels that allow you to maximize your setup by funneling enemies into one big stream (corrected by CremoAcanthis and chuckbert ), without having to run back and forth between gates that can't be funneled and are very far apart.. And quite honestly doing that alone sounds like the opposite of fun given there's no sprint and trap slots are very needed for traps (and not speed pads). So I'd like to see more solo/due-friendly endless maps that offer rewards worthy of the time and skill investment. Given the stats that were presented to us that most people play endless alone this seems like the natural progression of the mode.

Once again, awesome step in the right direction and here's to keep walking in it!

Thanks for reading, if you made it through it all.

Comments

• exept Frostbite, all the other one can be funnel into 1 lane... with a little imagination  ;)
  • chuckbertchuckbert Member
    Amuga said:
    Now to address the title of this thread, There's (in my opinion) only 2 levels that are actually fun to play in solo endless right now, Baths and Throne Room, because they are the only levels that allow you to maximize your setup by funneling enemies into one big stream
    Crogan Keep, Eventide Fortress, and The Wall can all be combined into one lane.  So Frostbite and Shark Island are the only two endless you can't combine into 1 lane.  While Eventide Fortress can be combined, it does not by any means make it fun doing so.  The amount of time it takes for the minions to literally do a loop around the entire map to get to your kill box is absurd so your mind will go numb from the boredom long before the game ever ends.
  • AmugaAmuga Member
    Ah, I shall correct myself.