The Skin Suggestion Thread

Comments

• RyuShinomoriRyuShinomori Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    A cheerleader ball and chain would be great, if not awesome if the Orcs got football helmets when she "Cheered" lol.

Others have suggested DBZ themed skins like a Goku War Mage which would be silly but fun to picture.

I personally would like to see a Gnome or Dwarf Costume for prospector like with the silly hat or with red hair and a Lord of the rings type makeover.

And jokingly maybe a TrollFace Midnight because of reasons

A cheerleader ball and chain would be great, if not awesome if the Orcs got football helmets when she "Cheered" lol.

Others have suggested DBZ themed skins like a Goku War Mage which would be silly but fun to picture.

I personally would like to see a Gnome or Dwarf Costume for prospector like with the silly hat or with red hair and a Lord of the rings type makeover.

And jokingly maybe a TrollFace Midnight because of reasons

I don't know how you could get around it with copyrights, but yeah some sort of crossover skins from pop culture would be awesome. Perhaps could make it look close enough, but different in that you wouldn't get sued.

-On that same DBZ theme, Master as Roshi seems pretty obvious to me.

-Seeing as it was the inspiration for his character, I'd love an Army of Darkness theme'd Warmage Skin(even if Warmage has a millions skins already)

-I also would love to see the traditional Garden Gnome costume for prospector or even better to tie into his joke, a Lucky Charms-esque Leprechaun outfit

-Another one I'd love to see with the Master involved (and art department can make it tasteful) is some skin related to the lore of him slipping on Kobold Blood. This could be a head wound looking thing or like a big blood stain on the back of his robes.

-Hogarth could have a Masters Of The Universe inspired skin, either He-Man or some other character from there. If Hogarth had a He-Man looking skin you could possibly give Tundra, a "Battle-Cat" like skin.

"No matter where you go, there you are."
    - B.B. 1984
  • Cpt. SqwekyCpt. Sqweky Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    We were talking during meet your match tonight. It was pretty much universally agreed that there need to be more pink tutus in the game. Hogarth and Winston specifically, but I figure pretty much all the men could use them. Personally, I think the women should get something equally masculine. Maybe three-piece suits? (That make them look too much like the MIB though.)
  • AstraeaAstraea Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    Hogarth is the only one I think needs a pink tutu. Ballerina Hogarth can also change the name of his leap in the tooltip to Jeté to fit along with the theme.
    Well, Blackpaw is getting a pink tutu. I approve. Now we just need several more.
  • CusterDawgCusterDawg Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I've just realized, we need a SixOkay Warmage skin.
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    - B.B. 1984
    Kobold King really needs an Indiana Jones skin. "Koboldiana Sqwekes"? Errr... "Squeaks"?
  • WarlokWarlok Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    Yes! A fedora with dusty leather jacket and pants!

And every time he makes a kill, he can go, "Dooo-Dee-Doo-DOOO!..."...

(theme-hum voice)

That won`t be annoying.
    edited November 2014
    I just realized the Indiana Jones skin for Kobold King is even more appropriate, since both Indy and KK avoid falling boulders.

Speaking of great movies from the 80s, on MoltenInk's stream last night we got to talking about Willow, one of the most underrated movies of all time. Anyways, it provides a lot of inspiration.

First off, Bavmorda:
    photo Bavmorda-300x232_zps0aea49ca.jpg
    photo 640px-Bavmordas_arm_turning_to_stone_zps7772d71f.png
    A powerful queen and sorceress, she'd make a great skin for Sorceress, assuming you don't mind that she isn't fanservice-y. (Which I am fine with.)

Next, General Kael: photo GeneralKael-1-_zps4f1b1286.jpg
    He's arguably the most badass guy in the film, despite being killed by the other arguably most badass buy in the film and would probably be best as a Winston skin, but please... give SOMEONE a skin inspired by this guy.

Finally, Prospector could be Willow himself:
    photo 180px-Willow-1-_zps915f3040.jpg
    Nice, bright colors, and, as a bonus, the you could change the backpack to a baby carrier!
    photo 200px-Willow_elora-1-_zps893f5b75.jpg
    There are a few scenes where Willow is carrying the baby in a big backpack thing, so it works.
    Okay, this was a joke in during Meet Your Match today, but I'm putting the suggestion here anyways.
    It's a Bloodpike skin: "Orc Slater"! The idea being Bloodspike dressed as the most 90s high school kid you can imagine. (i.e. Slater from Saved by the Bell.)

What? I said it was a joke.
  • Azure NovaAzure Nova Member, Early Access
    Bureaucrat Hothgart. Suit and tie, his axe has a briefcase top, quotes and jokes about smashing paperwork and filing enemies.
    Executioner Hogarth. He wears an executioner's hood, but his beard is so big it still sticks out from underneath.
    I have too much time on my hands.
    Ivy League Ivy. Who knew that Ivy goes to college? OMD University. Studying in Environmental Sciences.
    Yeah, so I imagine this skin as classic "preppy" clothing such as the College sweater, khakis, 80s hair, and so forth.
    Credit for this one goes to Astraea for this one:

Matador Temper... That is all.
    So, a couple weeks ago during the stream we got into a discussion about Christmas-themed (and a couple of random not-really-Christmas-themed) skins. Many ideas were put at out, and I saved them. For some of the ideas there was disagreement as to whom it should it apply. Here they are:

Santa Claus: Tundra, Bloodspike (Bloodspike Santa's bag would be full of severed heads)
    Mrs. Claus/Sexy Santa: Ball & Chain
    Christmas Elf: Ivy, Prospector (One could be red and the other green was suggested), Kobolds (as in, alt skins for the minions).
    Krampus: Blackpaw, Tundra, Kobold King (KK was agreed to be the best fit)
    Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer: Temper (with the wish that somehow his nose would get brighter as he gets angrier/takes more damage)
    The Grinch: Master, Winston (More people were in favor of Winston, but Master has his defenders)
    Cindy Loo Who: Apprentice
    Ghost of Jacob Marley: Ancestor
    Ebeneezer Scrooge: Master
    The Ghost of Christmas SMASH: Hogarth
    Child in Pajamas waiting up for Santa: Apprentice
    The Nutcracker: Sorceress
    Frosty the Snowman: Tundra
    The New Year Baby: Stinkeye
    The Easter Bunny: Blackeye (because he hops and apparently he hates Christmas)
    Mounties: Tundra, Hogarth

And finally Midnight would a Christmas tree or a wrapped present, "because camouflage".
  • GnallPunk Blackpaw Skin

Q, Call to the beyond: Launches rusty metal bars that transform into Gnallbots
    E, Go for the throat: His claw attack will shock an enemy causing its tremendous damage

Passive, Pounce: double jumping causes springs from his legs to pop out giving the boost to his second jump.
    What's a "gnall"?
  • Clearly every character needs a Robot skin, since the game is made by Robot Entertainment, after all. 
  • KhronickleKhronickle Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    Fire Flower Mario Smoulder Skin. Smoulder wearing red overalls and white shirt and hat like Mario in fire form. Maybe an S on her hat instead of an M so hopefully no copyright issues.
  • zippygruntzippygrunt Member, Early Access
    edited April 2015
    Fire Flower Mario Smoulder Skin. Smoulder wearing red overalls and white shirt and hat like Mario in fire form. Maybe an S on her hat instead of an M so hopefully no copyright issues.
    This. I want this. I doubt it can be done legally but I want this. Should totally do one for gab and ivy too (luigi and wario)