PUT SPRINGS IN THE STORE

MolteninkMoltenink Member, Master Founder, Early Access
Guys.... really? Im level 50 and have gotten 0 springs... At least let me give you money for them.

Comments

• hahaha, got my first above level 90  :3

patience is a virtue they say
  • MolteninkMoltenink Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Dude I played this game before you had heard of it. I am over a 3 year veteran. Dont talk to me like I am new.

• hey sorry if I offended you, that was not was I was aiming at...

I was just stating a fact, the first spring I saw, I was above level 90, in my case thats what happen
  • Severin2kSeverin2k Member
    edited May 17
    oh i am not alone?? the first, one and only, spring i got with lvl 74 or about 200 h playtime

• chuckbertchuckbert Member
    edited May 17
    Even adding them to the store doesn't solve the issue entirely.   Most of the parts vary in uses that allow you to customize the traps to adjust to the map or personal play style.  Springs on the other hand are pure DPS increase/decrease.

Due to the trap limit concept the only type of spring you would ever want to use is the double spring.   Charging spring is just a filler part until you can get a proper double spring.  Short spring shouldn't even exist since it decreases your damage per trap limit ratio which conflicts w/ the entire design of the game.  So not only is it hard to get springs, even if you manage to get one there is only a 33% chance you actually get the spring you need.
    Post edited by chuckbert on
  • I spent Gibs on a Parts chest, and got a charging spring straight away, luckily. Was it not also stated in a recent episode of 'Orcs Insider' that the situation we have with surplus trap 'parts' would be fixed? Four traps can take the Revenge Rune, and I've got 7 of them. I was hoping 2.1 would convert the surplus parts  B)
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited May 17
    It's annoying how some parts go into soooooo many different traps while others don't (I'm looking at you, coils.), yet they seem to have the same drop rate for all of them, resulting in everyone needing springs and not needing... well, coils. -_-  Or at the very least, springs seem to have a relatively lower rate for springs needed compared to everything else, since I'm mostly drowning in resonators and triggers right now myself.

Wish there was a system that let you exchange two parts for a new random part, or parts could show up in the daily deals...
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    chuckbert said:
    Even adding them to the store doesn't solve the issue entirely.   Most of the parts vary in uses that allow you to customize the traps to adjust to the map or personal play style.  Springs on the other hand are pure DPS increase/decrease.

Due to the trap limit concept the only type of spring you would ever want to use is the double spring.   Charging spring is just a filler part until you can get a proper double spring.  Short spring shouldn't even exist since it decreases your damage per trap limit ratio which conflicts w/ the entire design of the game.  So not only is it hard to get springs, even if you manage to get one there is only a 33% chance you actually get the spring you need.
    Yeah, I actually use short springs on several traps... depends on what you're playing and how you're playing... Soooo... Basically there's a use for all 3 springs, although I'll admit I use a lot more doubles and chargings.
  • yobbobearyobbobear Member
    @LazerEraser try removing all revenge runes from all your traps, and then putting them back in. See if that resets the giblification. 
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Wont they be adding new traps though ?  Parts should convert automatically, I would rather save mine.
  • Lord ZedLord Zed Member
    Level 59, also 0 springs. Random bullshit is random. Good game rather ruined by poor design choices in the unlock system.
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    edited May 18
    Most players missing any parts, but putting them into the store would be pay to win. I think premium shoppe offered a new chance to get missing parts, although it is rng either.
  • @yobbobear Thanks a lot - that worked great. I would advise everyone to remove all trap parts from Barricades, Great Walls, Summoner, and Decoy... and then re-insert. If you had surplus, you'll have some more Gibs to spend. Nice one Yobbo.  =)
  • @Jacowboy which traps do you use short springs in?  Honestly I have tried to use them, but I cant find a single trap I would want them in and I have 6 just sitting around. 
  • I use short springs in the ceiling zapper (can't remember the actual name off the top of my head). If memory serves it costs 2000 coin and has a cooldown of 4.7 seconds, while with a short spring it costs 1500 coin and takes 5.4 seconds to reset. That's a pretty good trade-off if you ask me. I've never found a use for Discount COILS, though.
  • @CosmonautXX I use one in the hero seeking arrow wall, since generally they only have one chance to go off in a given wave, and are only really effective as boss stoppers.  I used to use them to trivialize swiftyhooves, as most levels that have him 3-4 built for that one wave were enough to wipe him.  With the rise of Mercenaries Hero seeker balistas might be a generally better idea, but the same principles might apply.
  • mdragoonmdragoon Member
    I spent Gibs on a Parts chest, and got a charging spring straight away, luckily. Was it not also stated in a recent episode of 'Orcs Insider' that the situation we have with surplus trap 'parts' would be fixed? Four traps can take the Revenge Rune, and I've got 7 of them. I was hoping 2.1 would convert the surplus parts  B)
    surplus parts are converted, have yours not been?
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • yobbobearyobbobear Member
    Same. BGH traps. Also in Dragon lance for dragon lance spam.
  • mdragoonmdragoon Member
    Straggy said:
    Most players missing any parts, but putting them into the store would be pay to win. I think premium shoppe offered a new chance to get missing parts, although it is rng either.
    putting them in the store wouldn't be pay to win specifically, it'd just reduce the amount of chests that could be sold. you can already purchase rift lord chests with gold which eventually yields everything, and you can purchase skulls. There's no reason to grind unless you want to if you're willing to throw money at the game.
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    @Jacowboy which traps do you use short springs in?  Honestly I have tried to use them, but I cant find a single trap I would want them in and I have 6 just sitting around. 
    Well without getting into specifics... there are 2 traps that will, imo, benefit greatly from short springs: the ceiling shocker and the swinging mace... both are rather expensive traps, and both have very, very short cooldowns, so the penalty will not change all that much in terms of useability, but the discount is quite noticeable, parituclary for ceiling shockers, which are 2000 a pop.

Also, as MR.J said, using them on BGH traps is probably a good idea since you won't need those traps to refire all that much.