Add ability to block players

There is so many reasons why you need this function. I am so sick of not being able to block players. no reason not to have it. I really don't want to ever play with some people ever again in sabotage

Comments

• ive played with two players multiple times that would make it super nice to never have to play with them again. they cant speak english, they wont sell lower tier traps/ wont communcaite will knock them past cades, etc. These are the type of players I never want to deal with ever.
  • edited May 17
    Protip, @Varthftw - people won't talk to you if you just come calling them names from the beginning because they "sold your T7 trap to place T6 stuff" that you just put in bad places.

Also, two points:
    1. don't blame other people vocabulary if you also don't have a proper English, that's rude;
    2. Banquet Hall is a big(-ish) map, you can place your traps in a lot of different ways - I even made a killbox for you, before you started running away from it with over 10,000 cash to spend;
    3. again: being rude and trolling is not going to help you.
    P.S: don't worry, I won't report you or lower myself to that discussion. I'm not that kind of guy who wants to screw up other people's games just because they were childish or play different.
    Post edited by Harmonia on
  • Never mind the fact that you think Varth is rude.  He is right in the sense we need a blacklist.  There are some players that you don't want to play with again after you have a bad game.  
  • I need this option as well! I don't say anything, I just don't want to be with the same guy twice with 2 bad games in a row because he doesn't talk, doesnt listen, gets himself killed over and over, and has non-sellable traps.
  • Adding this will just make the game worse. These people need to be helped by going back to survival. And being abusive to them will just end in them quitting which will just make the player base smaller. Meaning that we will all find each other more often.

If you guys really don't want to play with them, make a team. It isn't hard. In the end it is luck who you get placed with and Sabotage isn't meant to be competitive. 
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • This is why a 'Training Ground' would be very useful (no relation to the Map 'Training Grounds'). You can enter one of the maps in 'Training' mode, and show people how to place traps etc...  Perhaps in Global Chat you could mark yourself as available to train people, make a party, go train them... no need for any orcs, although spawning some would be useful (maybe crash-test dummy skins!).

I would suggest Trainers get some sort of reward, but that wouldn't work as it would just get abused.
  • Adding this will just make the game worse. These people need to be helped by going back to survival. And being abusive to them will just end in them quitting which will just make the player base smaller. Meaning that we will all find each other more often.

If you guys really don't want to play with them, make a team. It isn't hard. In the end it is luck who you get placed with and Sabotage isn't meant to be competitive. 
    My experience is in survival. One of the quests is to win game using match-made survival games, I also enjoy seeing new people who trap differently than I do. I just don't want to play with someone who makes it harder than its supposed to be, won't communicate, and don't even sell traps.
  • I am moving this to the Suggestion Box for the "blocklist idea" and the Training Ground suggestion (I absolutely love this one). Feel free to keep those ideas coming and discussing them and please keep it friendly! (not that you aren't, just a friendly reminder since we all feel tempted to let off some steam sometimes when we talk about our worse experiences with match making).
    German Community Manager