Sabotage Matchmaking

VarthftwVarthftw Member
edited May 23 in General Discussion
There is a big issue if you are forced to trio queue in order to win a sabotage game. You shouldn't be forced into having to trio queue just to win a game. I shouldnt need to stack a group of level 90s just to win there is a huge flaw with this game. Please give a solo queue only matchmaking or 1v1 plz or fix your current system
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• VarthftwVarthftw Member
    you can put the people who trio queue in there own match against another trio queue. You can do the same with dup queues and make it 2v2. Then people who solo queue can have there own 3v3 with others who solo queued. I really do not like having a duo queue who refuse to do anything helpful to win and blame the other guy because they are duo'd. This game can be so much more if you actually put effort into matchmaking
  • I think this problem is caused by most high level players not playing solo/duo due to bad experiences with other players. So the matchmaking is forced to put you with lower players. Since none of them are availiable.
    This is a problem getting worse and worse. Since more players are only playing sagotage with a three man team of the highest quality players they can find. I'm also guilty of this since I take it too seriously.

But most matchmaking problems can only be solved with a larger community.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    Ironically enough, it takes me longer to find matches when I solo queue than when I'm in a full party...

But anyways, as usual, the best and probably only fix for your problem is to find a couple of friends/players you can play with and rely on and have fun with them. That's the whole point of having a friend-list and guilds...

Segmenting matchmaker into different types would only mean longer waits for everyone, and that's even worse.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    We do not have the population to separate the matchmaker into multiple queues.

If a fair match doesn't exist, we cannot create one.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • chuckbertchuckbert Member
    So the issue w/ fixing the queues is due to lack of population, yet you released a second game mode to split up the number of people in the queues?  At this point now both Survival and Sabotage queues do not work properly so we are worse off then we were a few months ago.  There is no hope of either of them being fixed which will ultimately cause players to quit because they can't find a decent match thus lowering the population even further.
  • chuckbert said:
    So the issue w/ fixing the queues is due to lack of population, yet you released a second game mode to split up the number of people in the queues?  At this point now both Survival and Sabotage queues do not work properly so we are worse off then we were a few months ago.  There is no hope of either of them being fixed which will ultimately cause players to quit because they can't find a decent match thus lowering the population even further.
    Why do you think people started to join guilds? You need to group up to do sabotage, it's not a solo queue mode at all. Even using and picking your consumables really needs to be coordinated to get a better benefit from them. Join a guild, get on voice chat, and your issue is solved.
  • Whelp, back to Siege issues already. If only there wasn't a year of fixes that could have been made to a matchmaking system that has been known to be bad. 
  • phattonyphattony Member
    I think one of biggest issues is new players not having allow allies sell my traps turned on. This should be turned on by default for all players. This would help higher level players that get paired with lower players be able to set up the killboxes how they want / need for the map. 

My friend(level 95) and I (level 86) have no problems getting paired with a new player as long as they have the allies sell traps turned on. Most new players we have been paired with have followed what we instructed of them and we usually win.

We just feel bad for lower players that get queued with us because almost every mob one shots them so it's probably not the most enjoyable for them. But them dying and the little damage they do is pretty irrelevant if we play smart. 
    Twitch.tv/phattony99
  • ElanorElanor Member
    I think this problem is caused by most high level players not playing solo/duo due to bad experiences with other players. So the matchmaking is forced to put you with lower players. Since none of them are availiable.
    This is a problem getting worse and worse. Since more players are only playing sagotage with a three man team of the highest quality players they can find. I'm also guilty of this since I take it too seriously.

But most matchmaking problems can only be solved with a larger community.
    absolutely.

And 1v1 mode will be awesome i think .But not with those maps. New mode needs some of new maps for sabotage.
    I would be okay with a longer queue time if it meant closer or more fair games.
    also I would like a 1v1 option as well because I personally enjoy the solo experience
  • Varthftw said:
    I would be okay with a longer queue time if it meant closer or more fair games.
    You would never find a game is the point. Even in off hours of Rift Lord it takes a really long to find a solo queue game. Find a guild or group of people to play with and your issue is solved.
  • TemerairTemerair Member
    I know I'm a relatively high level player (lv 81 and silver I), but I que mostly solo and I get my two sabotage wins usually within 3 games played. even when the other two players are low level.
    Yesterday I even played one sabotage match that matchmade me in a 2 Vs 2 game, so I guess that one already exists :) eventough I didn't  get into an other 2 vs 2 matchmade sabotage game
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited May 17
    2 v 2 happens when there aren't enough people queueing up for a 3 v 3 so the match making system says "Oh screw this.  Whatever!"

Level 90 player here.  I queue always solo and tend to win like, 75% of my matches (currently Platinum ranked when all I've ever done is solo queue).  Even when paired with newbies with Blackpaw and red traps.  More than enough to do that daily. Admittingly, the fact that I win 75% of my matches means a few other poor saps out there fighting AGAINST me are only winning 25% of their matches...
    Post edited by Lorelle on
  • chuckbertchuckbert Member
    Yeah you see the poor people in the 25% category in chat venting about the hours it takes them to a simple daily for 1 chest. Unfortunately for them the daily this patch still requires you to win the match so those of us who do have high win percents still can't show them any mercy or we would be screwing our pug allies out of their daily wins.
  • AlexanderAlexander Member, Early Access
    edited May 18
    ShadeDev said:
    We do not have the population to separate the matchmaker into multiple queues.

If a fair match doesn't exist, we cannot create one.
    Creating an unfair one sided match isn't any better. It takes all the fun away, making me feel like those pre-patch rift lord chest filled with spike traps weren't so bad after all. In the meantime the sabotage quest should be changed to play instead of win 2 games to alleaviate the matchmaker problems or at least allow the alternate survival quest to reward a chest as well (the experience from the quest is quite useless compared to it).

Otherwise I think another solution would be to not allow premade parties into sabotage; so teams would get automatically disbanded and everyone enters the queue solo which would allow for more balanced matches instead of the massacre that occurs when solo players runs into a premade party, at least until there are enough players to allow separate queues.
  • nicktransuenicktransue Member
    edited May 18
    Oh man, I really enjoy seeing all of these good thoughts that we offered up a year ago to fix matchmaking.  Siege wasn't the problem, Sabotage is not the problem, the matchmaker is and has always been the problem.  The amount of unfair or ridiculous matches that people are thrown into is what causes them to leave. 1 bad match, eh, whatever.  Repeated one side matches is not okay. 

Blaming the population only gets you so far. I think you are just too lazy to find and implement a fix. 
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    Maybe they should change the daily quest so that getting to the end of the final round also (ALSO!) counts as credit for that quest, at least.  If the purpose of forcing you to win in that quest is to make sure players don't just throw matches, I think getting to the end of the final round as well fits that requirement enough to prevent people from throwing matches early just for the quest.
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    edited May 18
    Lorelle said:
    Maybe they should change the daily quest so that getting to the end of the final round also (ALSO!) counts as credit for that quest, at least.  If the purpose of forcing you to win in that quest is to make sure players don't just throw matches, I think getting to the end of the final round as well fits that requirement enough to prevent people from throwing matches early just for the quest.
    Not a bad solution. 
    After the latest patch people aren't forced to play sabotage and are able to change the quest, although 75xp are not a chest.
    Sabotage is indeed designed for premade teams. You need to coordinate traps, consumables and taking care of special enemies. 

Creating "fair" matches is only possible by MMR and number of premades. I think at the moment matchmaking tries to get teams with similar MMR average into match. The longer you are in queue, the more MMR difference between you and the other team is possible.
    If they would take care of premade teams as well, the queue time might extend to inacceptable numbers and people would complain about that. Even now queue time sometimes gets next to 10 minutes or above.

Omdu doesn't have a community of a 100.000 active players and more important, sabotage is still a fun mode and doesn't focus on esl.
    I know that it can be frustrating to be matched with random players and against premade teams. The only solution is to look for a guild or for players you want to play with.