Single player suggestions

I know it's been brought up frequently, but seeing as that the last patch changed nothing it warrants mentioning again. Can we please either get double the guardians when playing single player, or perhaps buff them up by like, 50% damage and health. They are literally standing in for human players, and they need to be significantly stronger than they are to do that. Seeing as that some of the maps have upwards of 5-6 spawn points, it would seem fair to both buff AND increase how many you can take. Seeing as that three players can take 6 guardians, taking 4 doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. (Maybe just make each guardian usable twice if that fits the UI better without making a new layout?)

Second, I know the trap limit is for server performance, whatever that means. It should be thrown out, but if it can't, can we get a system like in Sanctum 2 where you can use excess gold to overcharge traps already in place? It's very annoying to die on wave 25 and be absolutely unable to create more traps, and the 20,000 gold in my inventory is useless unless I'm planning on choking the orcs to death with it. Maybe something like a doubling gold cost to upgrade a trap by 25% (like 1000gp upgrades once, 2000, upgrades twice, 4000, etc) That way survival still can't be played infinitely, but you can actually DO something with your gold).

Third, I saw Cygnus got a buff, but he didn't really need more damage. What he needs is for his primary attack to NOT use mana. It's literally un-fun to have a character who's primary attack can just get taken away unless he's hovering near a rift. If it's a balance issue, then remove the AOE on it, and instead of the weaver that removes the mana cost, make that weaver add back in the AOE.

Otherwise, the new daily quest that requires you to play multiplayer matches is kind of a kick in the dick, but I get it that you want to encourage multiplayer. However it would be nice if it didn't have that so I could actually take advantage of it.

Keep it up guys, games fun. Looking forward to more new ranged heroes.

Comments

• mdragoonmdragoon Member
    I know it's been brought up frequently, but seeing as that the last patch changed nothing it warrants mentioning again. Can we please either get double the guardians when playing single player, or perhaps buff them up by like, 50% damage and health. They are literally standing in for human players, and they need to be significantly stronger than they are to do that. Seeing as that some of the maps have upwards of 5-6 spawn points, it would seem fair to both buff AND increase how many you can take. Seeing as that three players can take 6 guardians, taking 4 doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. (Maybe just make each guardian usable twice if that fits the UI better without making a new layout?)

Second, I know the trap limit is for server performance, whatever that means. It should be thrown out, but if it can't, can we get a system like in Sanctum 2 where you can use excess gold to overcharge traps already in place? It's very annoying to die on wave 25 and be absolutely unable to create more traps, and the 20,000 gold in my inventory is useless unless I'm planning on choking the orcs to death with it. Maybe something like a doubling gold cost to upgrade a trap by 25% (like 1000gp upgrades once, 2000, upgrades twice, 4000, etc) That way survival still can't be played infinitely, but you can actually DO something with your gold).

Third, I saw Cygnus got a buff, but he didn't really need more damage. What he needs is for his primary attack to NOT use mana. It's literally un-fun to have a character who's primary attack can just get taken away unless he's hovering near a rift. If it's a balance issue, then remove the AOE on it, and instead of the weaver that removes the mana cost, make that weaver add back in the AOE.

Otherwise, the new daily quest that requires you to play multiplayer matches is kind of a kick in the dick, but I get it that you want to encourage multiplayer. However it would be nice if it didn't have that so I could actually take advantage of it.

Keep it up guys, games fun. Looking forward to more new ranged heroes.
    guardians are useful when in parties because players are less effective in combat and die easier, as a single player it's much easier for you to kill enemies before they deal significant damage to you, the trade off for multiplayer is greater trap diversity and more hero abilities to help control the hordes being thrown at you. There are also some really REALLY good strategies around using guardians with supporting traps that allow you to get through certain maps with ease.

I like sanctum 2's upgrade system but I'm not sure it would fit with the trap part system in OMD!U. maybe something that could be looked at in the future by the dev team if it's something they would consider.

The AOE on lightning is an elemental status effect, like fire burning things. It cannot be removed without removing it from everything else with lightning in the game. I am personally in favor for a reduction in cygnuses mana usage on his primary but as this makes him "unique" i guess the devs decided to double down on the damage. While this isn't bad alone, his original concept has his rift supporting with additional damage and this doesn't happen now so I think further changes would be nice.

Stick around and see how the changes go and keep leaving feedback!
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • For a using gold insurvival you can use a cash dump, (like the boom barrel)

And For Cygnus he was the first hero I bought, and I like the guy, sure the mana cost on his lbasic attack is annoying, but it's what it makes him unique... just like other heroes, you just have to get use to him, use mana well, or time your rift shard so you get regen before missing on mana..

other hero also have their own behavoir:
    Like Bloodspike attack pattern, it feels clumsy, you have to get use to him
    each hero have their own quirks

For the AOE on lightning like @mdragoon said without a good overall it will not change, but serioulsy do you want to have elemental attack and/or traps behaving differently on the same element, like having a fire trap that has no burning.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    I've summarized and put down some of your suggestions for the team to take a look at (I love the trap upgrade idea, I just don't know if it's viable and doable, but it's definitely a lovely idea). Thank you for the suggestions, keep it up!
    German Community Manager