Bloodspike still feels weak

Really like Bloodspike , cool hero
tried him b4 and after the patch and i can barley see any diffrence...
he still feels weak and not worth picking compared to other heroes.

Comments

• Since I think he's rather great.
    Can you give me a challenge to do with him to prove he's good?
  • Good idea if you got a challenge I'll take it also, 

He was a little bit under powered before the patch but he could do everything, now he feels good
  • Since I think he's rather great.
    Can you give me a challenge to do with him to prove he's good?
    no clue , im just sharing my opnion on him . 
    hes nice to play but i dont find him really worth it  and i dont think the buff is enough to make him better...

its hard to keep stacks even with the Weaver 
    hes Right/Left click feels cluncky to me...not responsive enough . 

and please dont get me wrong because i actually really like this crazy orc.. :D
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    It's a hero that needs a lot of effort and good micro to be par with others at higher level.

In Open Areas he is subpar with pretty much all the rest, on properly barricading with choking points he can be better than most heroes but only one build works that good. Maiming blow can keep up with dmg compared to pretty much all the top dmg heroes but any other build on the meals or the Execution feel very underwhelming.

He is very good at Endless solo, I did The Wall 5 stars with him and it felt easier than most other top heroes, except Bionka.
  • lordbeeflordbeef Member
    Bloodspike just has higher requirements to do well than other heroes.

You need the enemy minions to be single file, bunched up, and in a line, with health and mana siphon(s) feeding you.

I would probably increase his base damage significantly, and reduce the max # of bloodbath stacks so that his maximum output remains the same, but his minimum is a lot better.
  • phattonyphattony Member
    I feel if his hitbox was slightly wider he would feel substantially better to play. But the buffs to him were definitely nice and he's more than capable of clearing all content, just probably not the strongest pick in sabotage. 
    Twitch.tv/phattony99
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    Big issue in Sabotage is he doesn't bring much support to a group.  ...although Stunning Execution's ability to OHKO anything even when you have multiplayer damage penalty in sudden death against super beefed up foes is nice there at least. (...then you die cause Sudden Death does that to melee heroes)
  • VarthftwVarthftw Member
    he is amazing when you setup killboxes for his miaming blow. had no problem with him before in sabotage or rift lord maps
    He can one shot unstable rifts, one shot a row of enimies with miamin blow decent sustain with pigs and can get more hp and has stuns and aoe
  • RavenGageRavenGage Member
    edited May 21
    I thought he was pretty bad at first as well, until I started building around his Maiming Blow. Still getting the hang of it but he feels much better with some practice. 

My only nitpick is with the meals. They seem... underwhelming. 
    Post edited by RavenGage on
  • is it just me, or I get more meals drop since 2.1, did'nt see any ajustment of that oin the patch, but meal dropping have been more constant.

Normally before patch 2.1, I would get 1-2 round without a meal, most time I played him
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    edited May 20
    Great feedback.  I'll make more changes for 2.2.

I have heard lots of feedback about the cooldown on stunning execution, the power of delicious meals, and the width of his primary attack.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ShadeDev said:
    Great feedback.  I'll make more changes for 2.2.

I have heard lots of feedback about the cooldown on stunning execution, the power of delicious meals, and the width of his primary attack.
    Awesome , Thanks : ) 
  • AsbynAsbyn Member, Early Access
    Yeah, the width of his primary attack being far too narrow is still one of my biggest issues with him. Otherwise, he's in a much better place in terms of damage, now, 'though I wish his Bloodbath micro wasn't such a significant contributor to his overall output: it makes him extremely inflexible. i.e. Despite the recent buffs, he's still not a fun hero to play.
  • vrmlbasicvrmlbasic Member
    After the patch, he feels significantly stronger IMO.    I appreciate the increased meal drop, that really makes him able to be the "down and dirty" character that he's supposed to be...perhaps he'll even make the "+x% to healing applied to the hero/cast by the hero" traits useful?

Ofc, to me the big test is soloing Swifty, which I have not tried. Since "Q" doesn't appear to work on him (or mercs...), before the patch, Bloodspike was nigh helpless against Swifty as he was too slow to chase and too weak to kill at first brush.
  • Well after the latest Patch his Dmg output sure is fine, but playing him still feels like driving a car with square tires..
    I think the biggest issue I have with him is his mana cost. I ually run one suncumable as well, unlike other heroes that have low mana costs or higher mana pools I run into being out of mana the most with him. I think it would be a good idea to maybe have a weaver make piggys give mana back or make it a passive thing. Make it something low like 5 or 10 mana even, or change the mana cost on some of the abilities. reducing execution from 50 > 40 maiming blow from 40 > 30, etc. that is my main problem with him is the lack of mana
  • Varthftw said:
    I think the biggest issue I have with him is his mana cost. I ually run one suncumable as well, unlike other heroes that have low mana costs or higher mana pools I run into being out of mana the most with him. I think it would be a good idea to maybe have a weaver make piggys give mana back or make it a passive thing. Make it something low like 5 or 10 mana even, or change the mana cost on some of the abilities. reducing execution from 50 > 40 maiming blow from 40 > 30, etc. that is my main problem with him is the lack of mana
    thats a good point , Mana is an issue with him aswell
    Making Meals give some mana back sounds like a good idea!
  • vrmlbasicvrmlbasic Member
    With the mana restoring field slot device, I don't have much of a problem with mana for Bloodspike.    Absent that, he, like Hogarth, really does burn through it.
  • Bloodspike has mana problems, but it's generally something you can work around by slotting a mana thing into a tar trap and then throwing a couple those down somewhere in the lane where minions will be constantly walking over it.

That said, if you're going to be playing Bloodspike without yet having access to a Mage's Clover and mana field parts, you're going to have a really, really bad time. Even with his recent mana use buffs he still runs through it crazy fast.