New chest opening sequence.....

edited May 19 in General Discussion
I love all the other changes made from the full launch, but this one..... I hate it.... opening chests now doesn't feel like much of a reward.....

I loved opening chests before, when I got  to actually see my cards. I would cheer and yell when I got one I wanted!
Now I don't even look.... going straight to gibs however may have something to do with this as well though, (23 tier 7 traps) might as well just add them as a total because the individual amount meant nothing as I have no way of knowing how many I got from which cards....Could you imagine opening a chest that you just worked for just to have it full of orc body parts? that's just gross 

Any way to make this an option in the game menu? like a tick box for fast opening chests? 

I miss the bam of the chest when I'd throw it on the table to delve into my loot.....Now it's just seems more like an extra win screen to go through.

Comments

• yobbobearyobbobear Member
    I liked the sound the previous chest made before opening. 
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    I like the newer version myself, but I'm an impatient person.  Older one though, it felt like I was waiting forever just for no payoff all the time (Wait forever for card to pop out and when it does it's one I don't want...)
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    I like the new one.  The original was fun at first, but after a while it is way too slow.

New one is perfect for farming chests and then opening a bunch.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    I also prefered the old one... however now that I only get mostly gibs (whcih is something that a lot of players should get to, eventually), it would honestly just be time consuming and not veyr exciting xD
  • edited May 19
    Jacowboy said:
    I also prefered the old one... however now that I only get mostly gibs (whcih is something that a lot of players should get to, eventually), it would honestly just be time consuming and not veyr exciting xD
    Agreed, I think that opening a chest full of gibs will be dull either way and don't think there is anything to be done about this in either case.....unless it just opens a total amount, like the skulls that would be cool.

What about the idea of a fast opening check box? I mean both sequences are already finished after all.
    It is a trade off with speed. Not everybody is up to the gib stage.  A "fast opening" checkbox could be the solution. 
  • BragdrasBragdras Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I guess you never had 25 chests that all had traps you already capped prior to this change.
    Regardless of what is inside, the noises were cool. It made the chest sound heavy, important and in some ways, real. 
  • the old animation was fun, it was creating a suspense waiting if you would get a rare or epic drop, but now that 98% are gibs... yep I do not want to wait after a chest opening...

the toggle option could a good idea, slow opening at first but when your leveling up everybody would propably whant the fast option.

I once stack 100 chest, it took 30-45 minutes to open,
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    yobbobear said:
    Regardless of what is inside, the noises were cool. It made the chest sound heavy, important and in some ways, real. 
    Although that's how it felt at first, it got old after a while once you started getting traps you were already maxed in or traps you didn't care for.  A total buzz kill, it was.

I guess they could make a toggle but I have to admit that seems to be one of the sillier things to make a toggle for to me.
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited May 25
    Personally, I prefer the quicker interface. The previous interface was rather tedious.

However, I agree some of the charm has been lost.  I think they can probably recover that without making it slow again. Add the background back in, add some exciting sounds, have the cards zoom out and then drop into place, etc.

Also, something semi-related that just kind of annoys me... Why is everything a frickin' card? There isn't a deck builder in the game. Who put cards in the chest? At some point the video game industry just seems to have decided free-to-play games need to have cards and here we are.  Makes no sense.

Anyway, they can probably spice it up a little by ditching the whole card thing.  Instead of 75 Floor Spike cards why not a pile of 75 broken Floor Spikes pieces? Why not a Guardian contract instead of a Guardian card? Just adding some visual/thematic flavor to the chest contents might make the chest opening sequence a little more interesting. Instead of just laying out X rectangles with different pictures.