Sabotage or Endless = Smolder
  • SmorcMeGoFaceSmorcMeGoFace Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    My old man Cygnus :'(
    French Community Manager
  • mdragoonmdragoon Member
    As of 2.1
    Survival:bloodspike
    Sabotage: Smolder
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • StatboyStatboy Member
    Definitely Hogarth, Bloodspike is a close 2nd. Smolder is really strong, if you use Naptha and fire traps properly, so she is situationally either excellent or weak with no in between.
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Hogarth is ok once he has 3 axes to throw.  His E skill is useless though and needs to be changed.  Should have a slight bad dmg boost.

Bloodspike can be good but he is a more advanced hero like Oziel.  Takes a proper setup for him.  If he could execute mercs like he could heroes he would be a lot better.

My vote is for Cygnus.  Low dmg and a primary ability that costs mana + no health or armor and slow.  Worst hero right now.
  • in terms of Auto attacks i think Hogarth is really weak .
  • Even after the buff blood spike is still unwieldy and situational.   Smolder is bad if your doing any content your level.  This is why she is super weak in Sabotage and Endless.   If your overleveled for the stuff your doing she is great as far as ease of farming.  
  • SialeedsSialeeds Member
    Hogarth I feel is strong as long as you get the right talents or w/e they are called. Making his Axe throw pierce is so good. Then giving axe throw extra axes, amazing wave clear from a distance. The issue is using axe throw then the delay for auto attacking again. Gab is pretty weak. Her main strength IMO is resetting traps, which makes her strong. I feel like max is pretty weak also. His auto's tickle. He's only strong when you land an E.
  • RavenGageRavenGage Member
    Cygnus is nowhere near the worst. On maps where he can stay near the rift (eg: Maximum Security) he's close to the best and on the remaining maps he's ok, just so long as you have Mage's Clover. Find a place that overlooks the wave and spam chain lightning = GG. 

Right now Hogarth is probably the worst. E is horrible and right click is bad until you get several weavers for it. 
  • AsbynAsbyn Member, Early Access
    Hogarth is objectively the worst, both in terms of his performance and how fun he is to play, with Bloodspike next on the list. Anyone saying that Cygnus is no good either don't know how to build around him or don't understand that his style is extremely bursty, which isn't a bad thing.
  • I don't use Hogarth's jump. 
  • I don't use Hogarth's jump. 
    Why not? That's half his damage.
  • His jump is super buggy the physics make no sense.  Often you just hit your head and don't freeze anything. 
  • Bad MonkeyBad Monkey Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Stinkeye is the worst. he should 't be dependent on standing and shooting totems all the time. It's completely boring and quite ineffective. He can't hold enemies back at all, or do any significant DPS. He's utterly useless.

As other's have said, Hogarth's jump is "extremely" buggy. If the Devs simply increase hims standard melee dmg a bit, and fix his jump, he'd be fine.
  • vrmlbasicvrmlbasic Member
    Gabriella.   Give Ivy the repair tool gizmo and she's a "strictly better" version of her.   Changing her passive and nerfing the dash are things she hasn't recovered from.

Stinkeye is a close second IMO as the revamp of his totems took him from one of my most-played favorite heroes to "wow, I don't know how to use this guy at all" hero who gathers virtual dust in my little world of OMDU.  

...why doesn't Hogarth's jump work like Blackpaw's?   Unlike BP's, I can't figure out how to aim Hogarth's jump (so often he'll hit the ceiling and abort) and it has such a yuge lag between button press and landing that even if I manage to get him in the right spot, he's a day late and a stack of Chill short.
  • xombobxombob Member
    Hogarths throwing axe is very good at a distance especially after an upgrade or two, but I must agree the E ability seems useless. I can never hit anything with it and it doesnt seem to do much damage either (or Im just not seeing it because its kinda hard to aim like I said).

I feel Gabriella is the weakest right now because her blink ability is absolutely useless as far as I can tell, Ive NEVER used it anywhere. Might be more useful for a melee assassin with low health like midnight. And the charm ability is terrible too until you get the upgrade where they ignore damage, but because of this its also making that specific level up upgrade a must have choice which is never good. Theres way better choices for a "lockdown" hero, for example Ivy. That leaves the kinetic pulse her only good ability, and I notice myself constantly just upgrading that ability rather than even bothering with the others (that is, if theres no other hero left to choose instead of her).
  • StatboyStatboy Member
    edited May 27
    Stinkeye is the worst. he should 't be dependent on standing and shooting totems all the time. It's completely boring and quite ineffective. He can't hold enemies back at all, or do any significant DPS. He's utterly useless.

As other's have said, Hogarth's jump is "extremely" buggy. If the Devs simply increase hims standard melee dmg a bit, and fix his jump, he'd be fine.
    Taking away his lasers hurt, but it didn't make him bad. Once you are used to using his totems he keeps pace in terms of damage. Keep upgrading his arcane anomaly and it wrecks face. By the last upgrade your Anomaly can be spammed fairly often, stuns enemies, and produces mini anomalies to keep the damage train running.

A lot of people are saying Gabby is bad, Gabby is the most powerful hero in a killbox, and the weakest outside of it. So that kind of makes her average IMO.
  • BragdrasBragdras Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Gabriella & hogarth to an extent both suffer from still having their kit oriented toward Siege, a lot of traits also haven't been really updated well enough to warrant useage in OMDU of today, the same goes for some gear items (who the hell would use a ring of last stand nowadays, make it drain stamina at a fast rate instead of this outdated timer) which unfortunately leads to traits being generally braindead choices, every tiers usually goes as follow: 1's mandatory, 1's useless, 1's so situational that it only works on a map or two, repeat over every heroes.
  • Neron189Neron189 Member
    Endless is so bad when you pick smolder.
    In sabotage i find Midnight weak :P have no idea why, i judge by the others performances, never played her in sabotage myself.
    Survival maybe, MAYBE! oziel (if you do not have proper activeable items) or Ivy.
  • nthornnthorn Member
    xombob said:
    Hogarths throwing axe is very good at a distance especially after an upgrade or two, but I must agree the E ability seems useless. I can never hit anything with it and it doesnt seem to do much damage either (or Im just not seeing it because its kinda hard to aim like I said).

I feel Gabriella is the weakest right now because her blink ability is absolutely useless as far as I can tell, Ive NEVER used it anywhere. Might be more useful for a melee assassin with low health like midnight. And the charm ability is terrible too until you get the upgrade where they ignore damage, but because of this its also making that specific level up upgrade a must have choice which is never good. Theres way better choices for a "lockdown" hero, for example Ivy. That leaves the kinetic pulse her only good ability, and I notice myself constantly just upgrading that ability rather than even bothering with the others (that is, if theres no other hero left to choose instead of her).
    if they kept gabbys old passive none of this would be a problem