New Game Mode: Chaos Trials!

Comments

• BelquerstBelquerst Member
    I'm new to OMDU but I can't wait for that! The only playable mode is Survival to me, Sabotage+Endless is unplayable for lower levels.. Let's hope this will be viable to newbies too! :)
  • Belquerst said:
    I'm new to OMDU but I can't wait for that! The only playable mode is Survival to me, Sabotage+Endless is unplayable for lower levels.. Let's hope this will be viable to newbies too! :)
    There will be Apprentice and War mage Trials available, so hopefully, if you're able to clear those maps and the system's well done, everyone should be able to play it. :)
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    I really hope that Rift Lord will be the hell to finish. Devs always have to take care of all players so I think Apprentice and War Mage should be challenging but doable for newbies and Master + Rift Lord should punish every little fault and even without big faults it should be hard to progress.
  • AndrewrphAndrewrph Member
    This looks amazing! A lot more replayability and rewards. Anyone know if this new mode is coming out this week or soon?
  • It's coming Soon™.
  • They said the next insider access was patch notes. But since they have gone off the timetable, that's either next thursday for patch notes or the thursday after. Since the patch will come out the tuesday after. We can expect 2 or 3 weeks on a tuesday.

But with premium shoppe they delayed it by a patch because of problems. So 13th, 20th or 27th.
    But probably 20th since 13th seems too soon.
  • Release date is probably going to be 13th or 20th of June. Due to releases on Tuesdays and they want to do another Insider access to explain the full patch notes. So they will do the Insider Access on the Thursday before the update.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
    Cool, thanks guys! Looking forward to it.
  • lordbeeflordbeef Member
    They said there was no stream this week, which is why they did insider access and orcs after dark last week. That would put insider access on the 15th, with patch on the 20th. Assuming no delays of course, which is always a bold assumption in game development 
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    edited June 5
    inb4 Tundra nerf. I'm calling it now. If they keep balancing things solely around Siege 2: Electric Boogaloo, it's inevitable.
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    They aren't making changes 'because' of sabotage, sabotage just makes things that are too strong more obvious because more players are attempting to min/max because their performance is tied to a ranking.
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    ...So, yes, there's still a cause and effect relationship between Sabotage and their balance changes. Doesn't matter which way anyone tries to put a spin on it.
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    My point was that these things they're nerfing are too strong in other game modes too, not just sabotage.  Bionka's damage and CC, Ivy's CC, Tundra's CC, and Dobbin's gold generation are things that have been way overtuned for a very long time in survival and endless.  They should have been adjusted a long time ago, even before sabotage came along.
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    edited June 6
    Even if Sabotage is just "highlighting" the imbalances as you say, it can't be said that the imbalance was universal across the entire game. Bionka was already stupidly ridiculous, but it came with the drawback of her being more of a liability on any map that couldn't be rerouted into a single lane. Ivy and Dobbin were also ridiculous, albeit less so and more of a niche pick because they only had one specific strength, CC and coin generation. In Sabotage, these characteristics matter more than in all of the other gamemodes (especially since so much emphasis is put on -winning- the match, rather than just trying to hang on until the end), which shows that Sabotage was the only factor they were really taking into consideration.

I suppose it's more accurate to call it meta killing than rebalancing, but the fact of the matter still stands. At the very least, it can't be ignored that they're having trouble finding a proper balance between both Survival and Sabotage, which was exactly what a big problem was with Siege.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    Sabotage is not about killing minions...
    Sadly it's mostly about who can stall longer with the typical Meta Stall: Tundra+Ivy+X
  • I'd argue that, sadly, balancing isn't exactly equal for Sabotage and Survival. Tundra is considered an obvious pick in sabo because he's great at stalling minions, but he's hardly OP in survival, where stalling minions actually loses you the par time star. In survival, the best heroes are usually the ones who can deal the most damage. I understand the devs didn't want to recreate the balancing problems of Siege by creating a PvP mode that is closer to survival, but I don't think it's completely eliminated the issue.
    According to ShadeDev on the steam forums, keys will not be found in chests but discovered separately. Just wondering if anyone can confirm here as well that is something they changed recently? I don't like hoarding all my chests... :(
  • snakecsnakec Member
    I'm hoping some of the conditions are bonuses not just curses. The examples they lay out in the videos could just make the new game mode frustrating, not fun. Part of what makes the weekly challenge work so well is these bonuses. They could do a card like "one shot kill + 10x orcs" or "10x mana, uniQue skill locked" 
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    Andrewrph said:
    According to ShadeDev on the steam forums, keys will not be found in chests but discovered separately. Just wondering if anyone can confirm here as well that is something they changed recently? I don't like hoarding all my chests... :(
    That is probably the exact reason why they'll make keys separate from chests.
  • snakec said:
    I'm hoping some of the conditions are bonuses not just curses. The examples they lay out in the videos could just make the new game mode frustrating, not fun. Part of what makes the weekly challenge work so well is these bonuses. They could do a card like "one shot kill + 10x orcs" or "10x mana, uniQue skill locked" 
    They did mention that some of the modifiers would be bonus for the player, like increased mana regeneration, for example. But they also said that there would usually be more negative one than positive ones applied to a single game. :)