Unreleased Heroes! (Concept art)

EffingWormsEffingWorms Member
edited June 8 in General Discussion
So before I start, here is some information on Hero designs. In the Robot office they have a wall of hero designs these are drawings drawn up by Artists. These are Base designs, they could be made or totally scrapped. We do not know how far they are through development or if they have been started at all, or these heroes could come out looking totally different. For some base designs of Heroes already released check out my thread on Concept designs for all the Heroes! That thread will show you how much a Hero can change in development. 

We have seen some old Hero designs, these have hints spread all over. 
The main one and the oldest is Pax Prime 2014 At 42 minutes in. This presentation talked about Robot and the games they have made and finally the one in Development Orcs Must Die Unchained, where they showed off Concept designs for unreleased Heroes.
The next look at the wall was through an old interview with Robot staff from Tencent (Chinese Publisher) These were of the design wall itself. It is interesting video it has Chinese subtitles but they are speaking English.
The latest one is Insider Access #78. They show off some guardian art, bosses and at the end they show some weird ideas, they said some could be bosses, guardians or Heroes. So look at those images with that in mind.

This is the first bunch of heroes shown off at Pax.

1st guy I have nothing else on.
Same with 2nd guy.
3rd guy Text says "Saurus"--"Last remaining member of a long dead race of Eagle Folk" Here is the image better shown off in the Insider Access:

4th Hero it says "Cleric". I also have another shot of the Cleric Hero on the wall itself. From the Chinese interview.

I have seen her around elsewhere, but I cannot remember where?
2nd shot from Pax presentation.

So first hero is Brass. Mentioned in Dobbins law as his wife. Has appeared in portraits. Also has been hinted at when appearing in the Orcs must die board game kickstarter see this thread: Heroes! (and what could have been) Appears as one of the shadows. And also is talked about in Dobbins Character Bio.
The 2nd one says "Tank". They call the dwarf inside "Old Smokey". And he has the Order shield above his head.
Here is the same image but better from IA:

The next two I also don't have any more information on.
The last one Text beneath says "Poison Magus". They are talked about being made around poison type damage. 
Here is the image but better from IA:

3rd shot from Pax Presentation:

Now we see some familiar faces. 1st Hero is an early design for Oziel, he was called Ancestor back then. See this thread for more info on him and Zoey in the 4th image.  Concept designs for all the Heroes!
For 2nd Hero, text says "Executioner". Executioner looks familiar I think I have seen somewhere else. Also Hogarth was designed before this, or it might be Hogarth anyway? Or another Northum?
The 3rd Hero is quite popular He has been teased in all three. He is a Turtle and has an anchor.
Picture from Chinese interview: 

IA Picture:

4th and final shot from Pax:

Top left looks like a Oziel skin so I won't be surprised if it has been dropped. After combining him with Ancestor. No more images on him.
2nd Hero Text: "Tobor the tree ent   --  Slow lumbering unit"           And then it goes and explains its moves in relation to Siege.
"Trap Disable - Can slow down or disable traps for limited time by tangling them up in vines and/or sap"
"Ensnare - Attack ability that can slow down other units or momentarily trap them leaving them completely vulnerable"
"Swarm - Special Ability shoots out a swarm of killer bees from his mouth doing lots of hit point damage "Evade and Swarm" is a great combo if timed perfectly"
3rd Hero "Jatarra" --- "VooDoo Princess Queen of the Dead" No more images of her.
4th Hero is described as one person sitting on another ones shoulders. Has been hinted at in the orcs must die board game kickstarter see this thread: Heroes! (and what could have been)

This is all the Heroes in the Pax Presentation but there is a few more Heroes shown off in the Chinese Interview and the IA.
From the Insider Access:

They describe him having to drink the potion to turn into the massive guy. Like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. As you can see he keeps all his equipment when he turns big.
Here is the same hero but in colour from the Chinese interview:

Better image of the back of the small guy.

The rest are maybe heroes from the Insider Access, so take these with caution.

The rest from the Insider Access I think were Boss ideas and guardians, so go and decide it yourself. Insider Access #78.

The final one I'm putting here is a Hero drawn in Insider Access: #38 they drew him live on stream.

Found another Hero this one comes from Insider Access #57, Drew does the art live on stream.

None of these Heroes might be released because most of the information comes from years ago.
For more interesting missing Heroes check out this thread: Heroes! (and what could have been) 

It took a while to collect these Heroes.
Thanks to @Cpt. Sqweky for leaving a nice trail to follow to find the Pax Presentation.

Which Hero do you like the best?
Have any of you guys seen these Heroes around?
What do you think their powers are? And what damage types?

Up next: OMD!U lore explained
Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
New? Here are some Game Tipz.
Post edited by EffingWorms on

Comments

• oh my choice would be saurus, that guy look nice :)
  • My choice is Tobor the ent because Bees.
    and Poison Magus, He kind of looks like a scarecrow :)
  • StatboyStatboy Member
    edited June 7
    That Jekyl and Hyde hero would bring something new and different to the table. As much as I like Temper, he didn't really bring anything new.
  • I really like the executionner, but I'm a sucker for stag horns. :)
    The vampire guy could be interesting, very different from all the other heroes. I also like the very last one; the design is very meh, but the idea is nice. The undead guy looks really cool also, love his weapon. And the Jekyll one is interesting in a game mechanics way. Oh, and the meca dwarf would be very fun to play, but his design feels very generic. Actually, a lot of those design looks very fantasy-generic, which is probably why they weren't picked. Some of them would make great skins for heroes, though.

I really love those couple of posts you made. Makes me wanna draw OMDU character. Inspiration!
  • BelquerstBelquerst Member
    I really like the idea of Tobor :) Was playing Ent character in every possible game ever, lol
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited June 8
    I would prefer a summoner who can summon his own minions to assist him like the gnoll breeder

Not like Blackpaw, more like an Elemental Summoner
  • Axony said:
    I would prefer a summoner who can summon his own minions to assist him like the gnoll breeder

Not like Blackpaw, more like an Elemental Summoner
    Then the summoned minions should not draw aggro, or they'd be useless in a barricaded killbox the same way Blackpaw gnolls are. Because of splash damage, if you let them loose near your barricades, they'll probably end up destroyed. But I would like a summoner hero too. Always liked playing Necromancers, for example... :)
  • Updated, with another Hero design I found. A pirate Elf.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited June 8
    i hope that they'll release something soon.
    The last "new" Hero was 3 Years ago at the end of 2014
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited June 10
    Looking at all these unreleased heroes when the last "new" hero was 3 years ago and knowing that all of these unreleased hero designs are also years old with no new ones in sight is actually kind of depressing.
  • CdrKeenCdrKeen Member, Apprentice Founder
    I would stick with the poison mage and the turtle. I think they both would fit very good.
    pogo!
  • I would love more heroes, but I am afraid more heroes would mean more chests you get when you win the first time in each battleground with that new hero. 

I am interested about Brass, Dobbin's wife (but open relation). I suposse the next hero will be sir Wistion. The kobold king was designed for siege attack.  

Thanks for the concept arts!!
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    I would love more heroes, but I am afraid more heroes would mean more chests you get when you win the first time in each battleground with that new hero. 

That's a bad thing?

Goodness knows the game could use more reason to actually play it instead of just stick to doing dailies because there's no more hero chests to earn...
  • I have said I want more heroes, but that means more chests, and then the "end game" is nearer, sooner because people get more trap cards. 
  • I have said I want more heroes, but that means more chests, and then the "end game" is nearer, sooner because people get more trap cards. 
    A better alternative than the "end game" being nigh-impossibly distant due to getting 1, maybe 2, chests per day.
  • What about sir Gregor, Brass (Dobin's wife) and king kobold?
  • What about sir Gregor, Brass (Dobin's wife) and king kobold?
    I talk about Brass in here. I show off art for Sir Winston and Kobold King. In Concept designs for all the Heroes!

But with those two they have already been released and they are just waiting for a redesign. We are going to get Sir Winston sometime. But not sure about Kobold king.
  • I wonder about a mixture of siege and sabotage. It would be like a 2vs2 sabotage, but a third player would be like a siege attacker. This could be useful for matchs where a player has got high tier traps, but the others are noobs. 

Kobold king was designer like a leader/scort for fast minions in siege. To be changed for a defense role isn't easy. What do you think about a skill like summoning (remote-control) explosive spapper kobolds againts bosses and mercenaries? Or summoned kobolds crafting "cheap" doors/barracks. Would be useful a skill about summoning a monster mount?

• That turtle hero is amazing, and I hope he (she?) makes it into the game.  I also like the feral vampire.

Now that OMDU is on the PS4, I would love to see Kratos as a hero!  No one commits mass casualties against mythical creatures quite like he does.  Or maybe a Kratos skin for Bloodspike.
  • The turtle warrior is more a guardian than a hero.

A Bloodspike's skin like Kratos isn't a bad idea, but that would need a copyright agremeent.