USELESS TRAPS : Life and mana traps the most worthless traps

(why do they even exist?) we have guardians and trinkets that do a better job. i have literally +3k parts on each and i will never on my life upgrade them to even tear 2 for all the "benefits" they provide, these 2 traps drop like 50% in each chest AND ARE USELESS !

Comments

• BloodessBloodess Member
    I have seen mana trap few times, but never life trap. They ware much more usefull in siege probably. And yes they are preaty annoying as common traps with high drop chance. I have 8k parts of it and I will upgrade it once, so I have some extra qiblets in shop. Personaly I would change life trap to gives you shield absorbing X dmg, this would put her in sunshine.
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    I think you are talking about Mana and Healing Well. In solo play there are much worth traps to take most of the time. But in group play (especiall 3 man groups) they are really useful. Simple mathematics: 3 players can take a mana trinket or one player takes a mana well, 3vs1 slots and there are trinkets that are much more useful. In Sabotage for example a freedom trinket, on big maps with many entrances a teleport ring can be useful and all damage trinkets grant an extra combo point. 
    It always depends on map, mode and groupsize.
  • Straggy said:
    I think you are talking about Mana and Healing Well. In solo play there are much worth traps to take most of the time. But in group play (especiall 3 man groups) they are really useful. Simple mathematics: 3 players can take a mana trinket or one player takes a mana well, 3vs1 slots and there are trinkets that are much more useful. In Sabotage for example a freedom trinket, on big maps with many entrances a teleport ring can be useful and all damage trinkets grant an extra combo point. 
    It always depends on map, mode and groupsize.
     I've been playing for 2 months, i ve seen wells played 1 time...by ME ! coz i was a green noob, my groupies asked me if i was in my right mind to actually play it........ever since never ever ever seen it on sabotage or survival.
  • Relying on trinkets to heal and get mana back limits the other possibilities for those slots.  The game has far better better gear.  Relying on shield guardians to get health and mana back limits the possibilities of using better guardians.  I rarely use shield guardians any more even in their home location because some others are far more useful.  Additionally, some heroes don't have any heal abilities and other heroes are extremely mana hungry.  For these heroes the wells can be very useful especially in group play as mentioned earlier.  Pro tip:  the wells are also one of the traps that can take subsidized parts.

• The wells are both useful on endless since you can only take one or two hits before dying. So playing you don't have the time to back out and heal/mana so it's much easier placing these to recharge your batteries. That way you spend 90% of your time attacking minions. Doing this tactic we got the high score on endless.

Also since chaos trails are coming, there are debuffs for example no mana drops. Which will encourage people to bring wells to heal or get mana.

The wells are far from the most useless traps. For example icicle impaler which I have only seen one person use ever. I've seen at least 10 people use wells. Other traps are trip wire which I have seen 0 use correctly. Also big game zapper is useless since ballista does the same job but takes less space and a larger range.
  • StatboyStatboy Member
    They were incredibly useful back in siege, but their is no way I'd include them in my limited loadout now. Even if they were reworked I wouldn't use them. They were good in Siege if you were the roamer and didn't have to bring useful traps to defend with.

@DaTeddyBear I agree that you need some form of Mana and Health buff on endless, I prefer having siphon's on my traps to do the job over loading out with Health and Mana Wells.
  • lordbeeflordbeef Member
    Siphons make them a bit redundant, but I suspect they'll see some use in chaos trials. 
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    Everyone got his own tactics of course. I think that there are better option than taking mana/health regenerating guardians, gear, traits. Especially in a 3-man group you got 21 trap slots, enough to take 2 wells. Siphons grant you a continuous regeneration, wells are good for 'burst' regeneration. Try and error :)
  • PericlumPericlum Member
    As people have said, you don't use Wells solo. Wells are useful in Sabotage (particularly during Sudden Death), but unnecessary for Survival. If you want to bag on useless traps, I think the current community favourite is the Decoy. People actually DO take Wells, though. They're basically mandatory if you want to be able to spend 40+ minutes defending in Sudden Death.
  • Wells are useless in solo.  They are nice in 3 players mode.   The overload trap is way more useless in every mode. 
  •  The overload trap is way more useless in every mode. 
    I'm inclined to agree.  I want to use it, but I'm not even sure what exactly it does.  From what I've seen it is 9 (functionally 3) ceiling pounders for the price of 1.   I thought it'd trigger the traps below it, like an Arcane Pulse, but it does not...so how does it "overload" them?

...Wells would be more useful IMHO if they didn't stop providing their boost upon taking damage.   Likewise, the shield dropper would be more useful if the shield never timed out.
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    edited June 12
    Meh, I use the mana well on my Smolder deck just because she tends to be both health and mana-hungry, and I want one of her gear slots reserved for the fire wall bracers so that I can have maximum fire damage procs. It's a very niche thing. But that's about it, otherwise I avoid the well "traps" like the plague.
  • KirrrKirrr Member
    That 2 traps are very useful if you play Ivy support in Sabotage.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited June 12
    Mana Well on Ivy for Sabotage can be really nice if you don't have mana syphon in your traps.
    Health and Mana Syphon make those wells kind of useless.
    Post edited by Axony on
  • StraggyStraggy Member
    edited June 12
    Axony said:
    Mana Well on Ivy for Sabotage can be really nice if you don't have mana sython in your traps.
    Health and Mana Sython make those wells kind of useless.
    Especially in Sabotage it might be a better option to take wells and XP Siphons instead of mana and health. A higher level is more weaver, more health and more damage.
  • Bad MonkeyBad Monkey Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I agree, they should be removed. I have well over 7,000 of these sitting unused, and more dropping in on a regular basis. There are a few other traps that are about as useless and also go unused. I really hate seeing a chest open, and all the items in it are useless to me.
    I agree, they should be removed. I have well over 7,000 of these sitting unused, and more dropping in on a regular basis. There are a few other traps that are about as useless and also go unused. I really hate seeing a chest open, and all the items in it are useless to me.
    What you're saying is why they released the Gibs Store. Have you seen it? Open up the Store and hit "Premium Shoppe." Once you upgrade those traps to T7, you get Gibs that can be spent on Part or Trap chests.
  • DonnerstagDonnerstag Member
    edited June 15
    Periclum said:
    What you're saying is why they released the Gibs Store. Have you seen it? Open up the Store and hit "Premium Shoppe." Once you upgrade those traps to T7, you get Gibs that can be spent on Part or Trap chests.
    You have to upgrade those traps to T7, though, which is very expensive, especially when you could use your hard-earned skulls on traps you want more. I'm currently upgrading my "worthless" traps myself because I don't have much else to do and I want the leftovers to be converted to gibs; but I can understand that someone who still has a lot of good traps to upgrade to T7 would be frustrated to accumulate duplicates of traps they don't want to use and can't convert to gibs.

This is a side of the game that us long-time players don't see: for players who still struggle to upgrade even one trap to T7, gibs virtually don't exist, and the gib shop solves nothing. They still get traps they don't want, don't need and can't convert to anything useful.
    You have to upgrade those traps to T7, though, which is very expensive, especially when you could use your hard-earned skulls on traps you want more. I'm currently upgrading my "worthless" traps myself because I don't have much else to do and I want the leftovers to be converted to gibs; but I can understand that someone who still has a lot of good traps to upgrade to T7 would be frustrated to accumulate duplicates of traps they don't want to use and can't convert to gibs.

This is a side of the game that us long-time players don't see: for players who still struggle to upgrade even one trap to T7, gibs virtually don't exist, and the gib shop solves nothing. They still get traps they don't want, don't need and can't convert to anything useful.
    I joined up two months ago. Barely even played the game while it was "in beta." I'm down to five traps in my Workshop that have unclaimed upgrades available, and that's having spent thousands of Skulls on potions (stupidly, I didn't think I'd ever upgrade a bunch of these).

I have literally no idea how you'd have 7k Mana Wells but not the skulls to upgrade it to T7.
  • Periclum said:

I have literally no idea how you'd have 7k Mana Wells but not the skulls to upgrade it to T7.
    Daily deals? I spent at least 18k on BBR, summoner's, and hay. So far I only found them thru the deals.