OMDU: Lore and Story Explained

Comments

• I think omdu is based after omd 1 and 2. Because if you look at the traps caption (look under the trap's picture. Not the description) the text will be signed by "Gabrielle, the Redeemed Sorceress" If it was based before omd 1 and 2 then why would she be redeemed. Also why would there be bios after the events of omd 1 and 2
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited August 19
    After i asked a few weird questions on stream they reacted weird when i asked for the Riftmaker.
    Does anyone have more informations than the following:

Riftmaker
    - reffered as "She"
    - must be older than the Master (Cygnus and Anchesor)
    - created Mana Potions
    - is most likely Unchained
    - still has an Order Map named after her
    - has something to do with arcane magic

- personal Theory: is called Oasis
  • Axony said:
    After i asked a few weird questions on stream they reacted weird when i asked for the Riftmaker.
    Does anyone have more informations than the following:

Riftmaker
    - reffered as "She"
    - must be older than the Master (Cygnus and Anchesor)
    - created Mana Potions
    - is most likely Unchained
    - still has an Order Map named after her
    - has something to do with arcane magic

- personal Theory: is called Oasis
    Only one that fits that description is the Arch Mage mentioned in Oziels bio. She kicked Oziel out of the Order once she discovered he was consumed by power. 

Important note: you have to be the oldest order mage to construct rifts. But she could have left the Order like Oziel. 

Also Oasis refers to the cyclops home world / lost city, which Stinkeye finds in his bio. So I don't think she could be called Oasis.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    Why should the order construct rifts? There is no point for them to go into the "orc world".
    Only the Friar Guardian (an Ogre?) refers to the Riftmaker and that she will lead them to a better place.

I don't really think that it is the Arch Mage.
  • Axony said:
    Why should the order construct rifts? There is no point for them to go into the "orc world".
    Only the Friar Guardian (an Ogre?) refers to the Riftmaker and that she will lead them to a better place.

I don't really think that it is the Arch Mage.
    The Order needs the rifts because they're the source of magic. Which is why they defend them instead of simply closing them, because the human world needs magic. Max closed the rifts at the end of OMD1 and it was revealed in OMD2 that it was a mistake.
  • Added Yi-Lin bio. 

Also improved the formatting.
  • Man, someone needs to make this into a book lol... I'd read it twice XD.... 
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited September 3
    The Riftmaker is worshipped as a goddess by Unchained and Order alike.  Try placing one of the priest guardians and listening to their quotes for a while (especially the orc priest).

Oasis is an entirely separate being who, as far as we know, is only worshipped by the cyclops after Stinkeye introduced the religion to them, and you can learn plenty about him and his origins from Stinkeye's bio.
  • i was just wondering about the riftmaker because they reacted weird after i asked for her on the stream
  • I'm not sure there's even any proof the Riftmaker actually exists (Just like gods of religions in real life)
  • Lorelle said:
    I'm not sure there's even any proof the Riftmaker actually exists (Just like gods of religions in real life)

So just like God's of real life, there is no proof they don't exist. (So you're not sure)
  • btw: where did you find all the new character bios?

• Axony said:
    btw: where did you find all the new character bios?

@Axony Yi-lin when put in the dashboard wasn't coming soon. It was just unavailable so we could click on it and check out all her moves, bio, skins etc.

They then changed it to coming soon. In the latest update. I will PM you the full thing. 
  • Right I have just got a missing piece of this lore --->>> http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?e=a7d5190f27&u=b6896bca5de420860e7f4c200&id=e805003780 It has rubbish formatting the link on to the next page is right at the bottom.

It details Cygnus' adventures between OMD2 and Unchained. It is Cygnus sending letters back to Max / his research notes. With 23 Pages in all.

It says the head weaver is Merilee.
    The main world is called Eidolon.
    The orc world is called Vergon.

The Unchained finally have an explanation "The Unchained, it turns out, is some sort of collection of folks who feel as though they got the short end of the magical stick. Many have been stuck on dead worlds for ages, some simply are not content with what they have and want more, and others just like making bloody messes; but all of them feel generally that they should be able to use the Rifts and Magic as the will and that somehow the Order (you should hear them speak of us!) is going around sticking their noses where it doesn’t belong, trying to keep Magic out of the hands of the free people, closing Rifts and interrupting people’s ways of life. "

But I'm not sure if this stuff is Cannon or not. They use the old names for the Heroes for most of it, then in the final pages it starts using the new names. Cygnus finds Dobbin and Brass and recruits them for the Order in another world. But there isn't any glaring plot holes.

It explains rifts, orcs motive etc. And it even has a spotting of Chang'E.

Thanks to @DaTeddyBear for finding this lore.
  • You can tell this is when siege was around
    It mentions the kobold king
    Im still not happy about that
    "Remember! Gnoll dont have a union, when you harm a gnoll, it has no insurance!"
  • I asked in a livestream once if Hero Academy and OMD shared the same universe because the characters look so similar but got no response. It must have been a dumb question...
  • TeckTeck Member
    Fcseven said:
    I asked in a livestream once if Hero Academy and OMD shared the same universe because the characters look so similar but got no response. It must have been a dumb question...
    I doubt it was dumb per se.  Sometimes things just fall between the cracks.  I'll say that it is not beyond the realm of possibility since they are both Robot Entertainment games, but I personally have not seen anything that would point to that myself.  Sorry I'm not of much help here.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Fcseven said:
    I asked in a livestream once if Hero Academy and OMD shared the same universe because the characters look so similar but got no response. It must have been a dumb question...
    No idea, but I don't think there are any creatures that would fit the Dark world? Or rather they are even more mixed than OMDU if that were the case?

Elementals fight alongside anyone in HA, there are no orcs, kobolds, ogres, trolls,  cyclops, etc. They all could be from the Centre, elves, dark elves and mages, but sounds a bit unlikely. I would say that they aren't the same, but who knows.
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited October 5

The Unchained finally have an explanation "The Unchained, it turns out, is some sort of collection of folks who feel as though they got the short end of the magical stick. Many have been stuck on dead worlds for ages, some simply are not content with what they have and want more, and others just like making bloody messes; but all of them feel generally that they should be able to use the Rifts and Magic as the will and that somehow the Order (you should hear them speak of us!) is going around sticking their noses where it doesn’t belong, trying to keep Magic out of the hands of the free people, closing Rifts and interrupting people’s ways of life. "

A less specific version of that explanation and motivation for the Unchained is in Bionka's bio where Bionka rants about it momentarily and tells her children that the orcs had to fight each other because their world didn't have any magic, and the Order won't part with the magic they have.  Of course, this is older than Bionka's bio so you could say this was where it originated, but yea, the general gist made it into the game proper in Bionka's bio, even if not all the specifics.

Interesting that even this old old material has Chang'e in it (the girl dancing with the rabbit on the moon that Cygnus saw).  I thought they just slapped her in for the Chinese release but apparently she's been in the lore since at least as long ago as this.  ...er, unless the Chinese version was already planned at the same time as this anyways so they put Chang'e in there just to get things ready.

The fact that it switches to using the official names is possibly because the devs decided to actually give all the characters names pretty darn late into development.  Previously EVERY hero only had an epitaph (Kobold King, Zoey was "The Apprentice", Bionka was "Ball and Chained", Dobbin was "Prospector", etc)
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Fcseven said:
    Apologies, we probably missed your question! I just checked with Harmonia to make sure and they definitely do not share the same universe!
    German Community Manager