Release 2.2 - Chaos Trials

Comments

• Are there any images of the new skins? I was going to buy an Ivy skin tomorrow but if I prefer this new one why waste the money.
  • Shadedev just said: "Control resistance reduces the duration of slows/stuns.  Persistent area effects are not affected, I believe."

That sounds like it includes traps. Could @ShadeDev confirm?

@TheBlitzingWolf They showed them off on stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152094390 at 22 minutes 
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Are there any images of the new skins? I was going to buy an Ivy skin tomorrow but if I prefer this new one why waste the money.
    In the Insider Access stream there was a small clip of each of the 2 new skins. They will be buyable at the Shoppe with Gibs.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianPoliteAxeANELE
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    SeanPoe said:
    Axony said:
    Love the new Control resistance because it doesn't even affect Ivy
    Her roots will be affected and tar won't work well. Try and see her knocking back heavies now.
    Tar isn't affected.  And the nerf to control skills on other heroes (stuns, roots, and snares with a fixed duration) is a massive indirect buff to ivy since her essentially spammable knockback will be untouched.  She will be even more dominate next patch than ever before because at least right now you have Tundra and Cygnus as close competitors to Ivy.  Next patch Ivy will be in her own little league as being the only CC hero that still functions in sudden death. 
    Yeah, but damage is what starts to really matter in Sudden Death and she doesn't have that much damage outside of roots.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • lordbeeflordbeef Member
    It would affect the duration of viscous tar after the minion leaves its area, so that will have some impact.  I would guess Ivy will still be too good after the patch but we'll see how it plays out.
  • Disappointing that there are no changes to Gabby. She seems by far the weakest hero and is even more of a 'one trick pony' than Ivy. She literally has one good skill, and her AoE CC is very underwhelming compared to Ivy's.

Ivy's passive changes seems to me to be worse? I'm on low health more often than respawning, so it would trigger less often. Doesn't seem like a great change.

• @Tacticus34 The passive change is just to make the passive more predictable, as apparently people have complained about the passive activating at times they didn't expect or intend it to. In my opinion it is also a slight nerf, but they also have plans to change it more once they get the time and resources.
  • YeldarbYeldarb Member, Early Access
    Speaking of knock-backs being strong in overtime.  Bionka Queen of Overtime confirmed?
    You Have to Yell Darb to get Yeldarb
  • WyvernsWyverns Member
    edited June 16
    Regarding the change to Ivy's passive, I ended up off a cliff or otherwise dead due to the sudden speed boost more than it saved my life. At least on maps where we end up fighting close to pits, probably mostly due to my somewhat high ping, but still a change I welcome.

Also, during Sudden Death or later Endless, will the resistance to control be additive or multiplicative?
  • LiacuLiacu Member
    This is probably unintentional but I find it funny you're introducing a feature that has the exact same name in another game, Dungeon Defenders 2, who happens to be a somewhat similar game too. They have difficulties called Chaos, and the main mode that should be played is called Trials.
  • apinapin Member, War Mage Founder
    Eh... Traps and heroes changes again... You should kept changes and leaderboards resets in beta! Please add only new features and gamemodes and no more changes or resets!!!
    Last patch you fucked up Academy sewers map and now is in Sabotage? Fail!
    Finally 14 avaiable loadouts is only one positive point from this list.
    I am more and more disappointed from "full release"
    First and only CZ&SK funsite of OMD series http://orcs-must-die.cz

• VarthftwVarthftw Member
    edited June 16
    ShadeDev said:
    SeanPoe said:
    Axony said:
    Her roots will be affected and tar won't work well. Try and see her knocking back heavies now.
    Tar isn't affected.  And the nerf to control skills on other heroes (stuns, roots, and snares with a fixed duration) is a massive indirect buff to ivy since her essentially spammable knockback will be untouched.  She will be even more dominate next patch than ever before because at least right now you have Tundra and Cygnus as close competitors to Ivy.  Next patch Ivy will be in her own little league as being the only CC hero that still functions in sudden death. 
    Yeah, but damage is what starts to really matter in Sudden Death and she doesn't have that much damage outside of roots.
    damage does not matter at all in sudden death. ive lost more games and done twice as much damage as a whole team then there team does with just an ivy. I have seen games where the other two heroes are afk in rift and ivy solos sudden death. If you want damage to matter then punish lesser damage by sending minions out faster and faster and make the teams who kill stuff faster benefit from it. We can currently kill stuff twice or even three times faster in sudden death but it really doesn't mean anything at all. The changes are good but still will make ivy be able to stall for days.

The knock back is the problem not so much the damage form the roots

I hope that this change to throne room will at least fix the mace problem and not just try to cover it up with another gimmick. Throne room survival is buggy as well. Rift Lord throne room needs to be looked at. It is unacceptable to have the mace bug and have to wait 30+ seconds in survival on Rift lord on wave 7.

Post edited by Varthftw on
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Varthftw said:
    ShadeDev said:
    SeanPoe said:
    Axony said:
    damage does not matter at all in sudden death. ive lost more games and done twice as much damage as a whole team then there team does with just an ivy. I have seen games where the other two heroes are afk in rift and ivy solos sudden death. If you want damage to matter then punish lesser damage by sending minions out faster and faster and make the teams who kill stuff faster benefit from it. We can currently kill stuff twice or even three times faster in sudden death but it really doesn't mean anything at all. The changes are good but still will make ivy be able to stall for days.

I hope that this change to throne room will at least fix the mace problem and not just try to cover it up with another gimmick. Throne room survival is buggy as well. Rift Lord throne room needs to be looked at. It is unacceptable to have the mace bug and have to wait 30+ seconds in survival on Rift lord on wave 7.

If CC doesn't exist, then damage matters.  The changes make CC descale.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • AmugaAmuga Member
    A little sad to see that the only changes in endless were a score related change and making it even harder to go past 25, nothing on better rewards or new maps yet. Everything else survival related looks fun though.
  • Feedback about the full screen screenshot - Don't leave the Sabotage description as it is. It is worded terribly. "4-6 Player Team Vs Team" = Two teams of 4-6 players going against each other.

A better description would be "Two 2-3 player teams against each other."
  • TreakTreak Member
    Most changes look very good except for one exception: Sabotage now requires players to be account level 5. Really lvl5? It's possible to get to lvl 5 in a couple of games. These players do not know how and where to build killbox on Sabotage-played maps, and they do not even have unnecessary traps. This limitation only works to the fact that if someone launches OMDU for the first time, he will not be able to play Sabotage as the first game, that's all.
    But maybe another part of the patch will work:
    Sabotage matchmaking will now be more aggressive to create games with Similar level of skill, Similar skill level, Similar party size.
    So let's see if there's any improvement :)
  • I think that the greatest change to sabotage is not under that tag:
    • The survival experience quest has been changed to: Win 5 Survival Matchmade Games. Reward: Chest.
    With this, there will be less people playing Sabotage because it is compulsory... no longer plagued with the "I need to win 2" requirement, the mentality of playing Sabotage will shift towards more enjoyment and less frustration. There will still be noobs around, but with a change of perspective, we can now laugh at the morons instead of cussing our luck and blaming the system for the mess.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    edited June 16
    Are you going to fix the Sabotage matchmaking once somemone leaves before the game starts that you are not forced to play 2 v 3 and loose for sure
  • VarthftwVarthftw Member
    ShadeDev said:
    Varthftw said:
    ShadeDev said:
    SeanPoe said:
    Axony said:

If CC doesn't exist, then damage matters.  The changes make CC descale.
    Her knock back is what makes her amazing in sudden death, which isnt affected by the cc changes. Meaning that it will be easy to stall with her.