Release 2.2 - Chaos Trials

Comments

• geauxgeaux Member
    edited June 17
    ShadeDev said:
    If CC doesn't exist, then damage matters.  The changes make CC descale.
    sigh, you understand there are multiple  cc's you didnt nerf? 
  • Raptor JesusRaptor Jesus Member
    edited June 17
    Ivy can stand back out of danger and knock back all day, Any other character that has to go toe-to-toe risks being popped like a pimple causing the orcs to rush.

I don't know how you can make SD more melee/smolder friendly, but if you can't stand out of sniper and giant/ogre range you're just going to get murdered every 5 seconds. Even as Hogarth with the extra 100% damage reduction weaver and the 12% damage reduction trait I can still be 1 or 2 shot by archers with the shield up.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Ivy can stand back out of danger and knock back all day, Any other character that has to go toe-to-toe risks being popped like a pimple causing the orcs to rush.

I don't know how you can make SD more melee/smolder friendly, but if you can't stand out of sniper and giant/ogre range you're just going to get murdered every 5 seconds. Even as Hogarth with the extra 100% damage reduction weaver and the 12% damage reduction trait I can still be 1 or 2 shot by archers with the shield up.
    This is only happening because you can stall the waves until this point right now.

How about we wait until the patch, rather than speculate?
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • KirrrKirrr Member
    If I play Chaos Trials with a party of 3 people, are the minions stronger than playing alone?
  • probably like survival or weekly, no , but you deal less damage
  • PericlumPericlum Member
    @Harmonia Will the new dashboard be compatible with a controller? Or, do I still need to use a mouse to get into a match?
  • Void2258Void2258 Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    No. No full screen dashboard. A full screen dashboard means you can't do anything while waiting for queues to pop. Windowed is what you want. Full screen dashboards are a reason to quit a game, because it makes everything awkward.
  • VarthftwVarthftw Member
    ShadeDev said:

This is only happening because you can stall the waves until this point right now.

I have video of proof of ivy being able to solo sudden death with just her knockback as of patch 2.1 I doubt much will change in patch 2.2 since her knockback will not be changed.  Yes we have to wait and see but I and many others doubt it will matter. Nerfing her roots is okay but if she went in close to root she will die, so it doesn't matter to much for sudden death Nerfing that. I can see matches not going to sudden death as often with newer cards like that immolation staff, but when it comes into sudden death all she will have to do is knock back and will be stalling for days.

Here is a video of Ivy on the other team soloing sudden death by just knocking back and not rooting, which will be something that she can do in patch 2.2:

• i'm with @Void2258 on the fullscreen, I do like the window one,

are we goiing to have the choice, or full screen is goiing to be the default.

but I do like the fact that you're goiing to add it since a lot of people are asking for it  :p

edited June 18
    ShadeDev said:

It doesn't take very long for minion damage to get out of control, and its very melee unfriendly. I know gnolls and the such are good for taking out ranged characters but there are ways to negate that. on orci'la you can stand on the ledge and they never come to you so you are free to snipe all day. If you are cyg you can stand up there and stun waves with impunity.
  • Looking good! Just wish you didnt completele ruin the use of the revenge rune. R.I.P Revenge Rune, You will forever be missed. The rest looks amazing though. Looking forward to it!
  • they really don't like endless 
    • Now provides increasing control resistance to minions every wave after wave 25.
    this means you can't do orc by later wave there hp sky rockets so the only way to kill them is mass cc them having resistance to cc will just kill endless all together 
  • VarthftwVarthftw Member
    they really don't like endless 
    • Now provides increasing control resistance to minions every wave after wave 25.
    this means you can't do orc by later wave there hp sky rockets so the only way to kill them is mass cc them having resistance to cc will just kill endless all together 
    They should reset the leader boards with this change since getting to extremely high waves will be harder with this change and people who were able to clear super high before this change will have a huge advantage in scores

• Varthftw said:
    They should reset the leader boards with this change since getting to extremely high waves will be harder with this change and people who were able to clear super high before this change will have a huge advantage in scores

They are reseting the endless leader boards
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    I don't think many people reaches wave 40+ consistently on most of the maps. 

I personally really like endless, but I find boring the first waves that become trivial after playing a map several times and having some knowledge. This change hopefully makes the difficulty ramp up some faster and makes it more interesting than just sitting in the killbox CC'ing/hiting everything for hours until it gets hard.

I'm pretty sure the score overflow will happen again though...
    edited June 18
    I don't know why they'd change endless unless its something to do with chaos trials. Maybe people were earning skulls to efficiently and they wanted to nerf it.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    edited June 18
    Varthftw said:
    ShadeDev said:

I have video of proof of ivy being able to solo sudden death with just her knockback as of patch 2.1 I doubt much will change in patch 2.2 since her knockback will not be changed.  Yes we have to wait and see but I and many others doubt it will matter. Nerfing her roots is okay but if she went in close to root she will die, so it doesn't matter to much for sudden death Nerfing that. I can see matches not going to sudden death as often with newer cards like that immolation staff, but when it comes into sudden death all she will have to do is knock back and will be stalling for days.

Here is a video of Ivy on the other team soloing sudden death by just knocking back and not rooting, which will be something that she can do in patch 2.2:

The patch notes mention changes to orc-rila...

Also, you can't tell if the enemy is rooting in your example.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • lulzrawrlulzrawr Member
    I thought the Bounty Generator was already capped at 20%. I wonder if that is a typo and perhaps the cap is being changed to 50% rather than from 50%.
  • CosmonautXXCosmonautXX Member
    edited June 18
    While Shade says you cant tell if the Ivy is rooting I want to point out whenever the guy looked if there was a minion next to ivy ( as in in root range) It was a one or two large minions.  So for the most part it clearly was just the right click doing the stopping of the wave.  Also the Ivy's right click trivializing sudden death thing also works on banquet and throne room pretty easy so just changing Orc-rila wont solve this.  Ivy's right click having knockback is clearly an issue because of its spam able nature and any monster resistance should apply to it. 

Though to be fair people pointed out as soon as Sabotage came out that not having a diminishing return on all knockback, stun, and freeze were/are big mistakes. Since Sabotage came out there have been clear heroes that have problems all tied around perma stunning.  Never mind the fact we still have concussive pounder working the same way. 
  • KirrrKirrr Member
    I often play Ivy, but i agree that her right-click skill should be nerf. Because in some Sabotage maps at high rank, Ivy is the key hero to win that match, and I feel very bored to choose her instead of my favorite heroes. Effective skills but very boring to play.