Release 2.2 - Chaos Trials

Comments

• Revenge Rune Part
    • Now deals 75% of minion health (from 100%).
    Mana Siphon Part
    • Now restores half as much mana.
    Health Siphon Part
    • Now restores half as much health.

So Revenge Rune no longer kills the enemy that killed the barricade/etc? 

• vrmlbasic said:

Yep.
  • TreakTreak Member
    Revenge Rune Part
    Just to be sure, is that meant 75% of the current minion health, or 75% of the maximum minion health?
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Treak said:
    Revenge Rune Part
    Just to be sure, is that meant 75% of the current minion health, or 75% of the maximum minion health?
    Maximum.

Also, PATCH TOMORROW!  WOO!
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • KirrrKirrr Member
    @ShadeDev How many hours left?
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Kirrr said:
    @ShadeDev How many hours left?
    http://itsalmo.st/#patchtime
    Doug Houserman
  • Void2258Void2258 Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Still waiting on whether the dash will be full screen without a choice to stay windowed. This is the kind of thing that makes me quit games. I know it seems minor, but staring at a dish without the option to do anything whil I wait for queue to pop is not my idea of fun.
    Void2258 said:
    Still waiting on whether the dash will be full screen without a choice to stay windowed. This is the kind of thing that makes me quit games. I know it seems minor, but staring at a dish without the option to do anything whil I wait for queue to pop is not my idea of fun.
    Windowed will still exist.
    Doug Houserman
  • vrmlbasic said:

Yep.
    So...what's the point?   As it stands, the Revenge Rune is far from broken, and it has issues, like not killing Bouncer Bear (who can wreck barricades just by spawning in them) or always avenging the barricade against indirect damagers (eg: TNT arrows).

I'm all for fixing what is broken, but I'd be lying if I were to say that I'm keen on this breaking what was, more-or-less, fixed.
  • BragdrasBragdras Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited June 19
    @vrmlbasic It trivialized both Orfum & Tubifore, this alone is reason enough to warrant a change.

Not to mention that your example of the TNT archers is entirely avoided by paying attention to what's in the wave, you have to act around it, unlike simply slotting a rune and essentially forgetting those bosses exist.

To be completely honest I don't think this will nullify revenge runes, an important thing to note is that decoy barricades are supposed to be more reliable next patch (I expect it will function like OMD 1 & 2 where sappers will run to the nearest barricade, and expect bosses to do the same), so as long as you place the decoy cade (if at all needed) behind a few damaging traps, you'll be fine.

Don't forget that reflective armor is also getting a buff, depending on how armor affects this, barricades might just be tanky enough to make it through a boss' attacks until the boss kills himself, we'll have to wait and see.

Void2258 said:

I mean, even in the event that windowed mode wouldn't work anymore, what stops you from just alt-tabbing and waiting for the queue to pop? You'll know either way since the dashboard's icon will flash in the taskbar.

vrmlbasic said:
    vrmlbasic said:

Yep.
    So...what's the point?   As it stands, the Revenge Rune is far from broken, and it has issues, like not killing Bouncer Bear (who can wreck barricades just by spawning in them) or always avenging the barricade against indirect damagers (eg: TNT arrows).

I'm all for fixing what is broken, but I'd be lying if I were to say that I'm keen on this breaking what was, more-or-less, fixed.
    It's all about creating interesting options, rather than one right answer.
    Doug Houserman
  • ShadeDev said:
    vrmlbasic said:
    vrmlbasic said:

Yep.

Instead of making one choice worse, why not make the other choices better?   Or some combination thereof, the classic "carrot and stick" motivation theory? 

It's not really a revenge rune when it no longer exacts revenge; "Punitive Rune" has the accuracy but not the alliteration.
    vrmlbasic said:
    ShadeDev said:
    vrmlbasic said:
    vrmlbasic said:

Yep.

Instead of making one choice worse, why not make the other choices better?   Or some combination thereof, the classic "carrot and stick" motivation theory? 

It's not really a revenge rune when it no longer exacts revenge; "Punitive Rune" has the accuracy but not the alliteration.
    We buffed the other options...

You can't only buff.  It would slowly inflate the power of the whole game.
    Doug Houserman
  • Overall I like the changes but I think i must agree that this will probably mean that Ivy now even more becomes a must pick in Sabotage since the knockback which is quite OP is now even stronger. The rooting helped in damage but in some maps you don't want to get close such as Orcri-La and Banquet Hall.

One suggestion I would like to see in Sabotage is to be able to see the map of the other players without having to use tab because often in the heat of the battle you can't do that, especially if you are a melee character. Maybe the map of the enemy could be put up next to the map of your own team.
  • Void2258Void2258 Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Bragdras said:

Void2258 said:

I mean, even in the event that windowed mode wouldn't work anymore, what stops you from just alt-tabbing and waiting for the queue to pop? You'll know either way since the dashboard's icon will flash in the taskbar.

That's a matter of programming. First, if there is any notification whatsoever when you are tabbed-out is not guaranteed. Second, that the program won't screw up if you alt-tab out (looking at you Hawken).
  • First impression:

Really like the new "play" screen
    Like the transparance on the chat windows
  • Deadeye coming next.

Great stuff.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Hey everyone: one minor issue with this update on the Falling Folly map. You may see a message that indicates "paths needs to be rebuilt." This is just some debugging language that didn't get removed and there's nothing to be concerned about. 
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • pjk2002pjk2002 Member
    Overall I'm pretty happy with this patch! I just have some random questions that don't directly relate to the patch but I'm gonna post them here anyways!
    So obviously, there is the new teaser for Deadeye. Now, although I have a level 62 account, I have seven heroes (Pretty lame, I know.) I was planning on buying the hero pack, but now I'm not so sure. When she is released, will she be included in that pack? I just want to know if I should hold off or not. It's not really a problem as I could just buy her, but I'd just like to know.
    My other question is about those little cut scenes you guys showed off in an IA a while ago that would play when you finished a difficulty bucket. Are those still in production, or did you guys drop them? I feel like everyone forgot about it. Thanks ahead of time if you answer!
  • ShadeDev said:
    I wish this was the case for all weaves... (I think that's the name in english ? The upgrade you pick when leveling up)