Release 2.2 - Chaos Trials

Comments

• Cooldude666Cooldude666 Member
    edited June 22
    i like the concept of chaos trials but it's too rng based it's rng for it to drop rng for what your first mod is if u get a orc mod like 1 rift point or something on short maps, then on top u get like kobolds and riftrun atleast limit the mod u get for first 3, there a point where just unfair to the players who get bad rolls but otherwise it's a fun thing
    Post edited by Cooldude666 on
  • YuannYuann Member
    there is a bug about the new mercenary while playing the temple graveyard map on warmage level. on the 4th wave, 2 duplicates of the mercenary appeared while the other 2 (including the real one) got stuck in the corner and could not be hit or seen. So the other 2 copies survive all the way till the end of the game ...
  • I've reached level 4 in the Rift Lord Chaos Trial. I'm having fun with it! It's nice to actually fear losing on maps I now know like the back of my hand. I feel RNG has screwed me a bit since I started with primary knockback and later got 3x price barricades when I reached Crogon Keep. That was indeed a very tense game.
    I'm happy to see that spells like primary knockback aren't active permanently, which is how I thought it would be. The nightmare! Though I would really like if there was a way to know when it's gonna hit, because I've been killed by surprise a few time. Just a short timer or something would be cool.
    Also, about the rewards; I thought it was going to get better with every new victory? For now, I've won 1 chest every time, and I don't feel my skull reward got any higher. How is it supposed to work, exactly?
  • For rift lord it gives you 100 more skulls for each one won.

100, 200 and so and so forth.
    For master, warmage and appentice it's different I think less.
  • Yuann said:
    there is a bug about the new mercenary while playing the temple graveyard map on warmage level. on the 4th wave, 2 duplicates of the mercenary appeared while the other 2 (including the real one) got stuck in the corner and could not be hit or seen. So the other 2 copies survive all the way till the end of the game ...
    I had a similar bug while playing on gates of thuricvod where one copy of the mage revived over and over again. It might be that I killed that copy and the original one roughly at the same time so that the real one died while the copy still was in the death/reviving animation. At least it's my guess that that might just be a possible explanation how this happened.

Anyways, I do love the trials so far, It's really entertaining, challenging and rewarding so far and I do like the rng involved in it even though I had to deal with the bomb spells and primary attack knockback for quite a few rounds already. And permament barricade leftovers, these put everything on a whole new level for me. 

Also, I really like the patches you applied, him don't must feel bad for picking Hoggarth in sabotage anymore, I think his jump is way more useful now and he is really fun to play. Playing Smolder around here passive with the further decreased cooldown is also really nice and Bloodspikes delicious meals definitely are more impactful.

I've reached level 4 in the Rift Lord Chaos Trial. I'm having fun with it! It's nice to actually fear losing on maps I now know like the back of my hand. I feel RNG has screwed me a bit since I started with primary knockback and later got 3x price barricades when I reached Crogon Keep. That was indeed a very tense game.
    I'm happy to see that spells like primary knockback aren't active permanently, which is how I thought it would be. The nightmare! Though I would really like if there was a way to know when it's gonna hit, because I've been killed by surprise a few time. Just a short timer or something would be cool.
    Also, about the rewards; I thought it was going to get better with every new victory? For now, I've won 1 chest every time, and I don't feel my skull reward got any higher. How is it supposed to work, exactly?
    It's the amount of skulls that you get from the chest itself, not the reward in the post game screen.
  • FwuffyFwuffy Member
    Did you guys just make it so that upgrading a trap to T7 now turns any excess traps over the necessary into gibs? I just noticed I got +48 gibs when upgrading my Naptha Sprayer to T7 (although I didn't look before to see how many excess traps I had).

And if so... is there a cap to this? Or is it now safe to leave traps we don't use un-upgraded safe in the knowledge that eventually any excess parts will be converted to gibs?

I've been levelling traps I don't use when I hit enough for T7, because I didn't want to lose out on gibs.

Also - I lost in RL Chaos Trials in Throne Room because I was... at one end of the map (entrance waiting for the wave to arrive) and a rift spawned right on the other side (Priest spawn). This was on wave 2, so my defences weren't up, nor could I get ballistas up that early. Left a sour taste as there wasn't an awful lot I could do to prevent it. I get random, but random that gives you little chance and takes you from 25 rift points to 0 isn't fun.
  • Chaos Trials is fun... but having opposing the modifiers... yuck...
    I got 2x Health drop - With Ogre splutter on pickup
    I got 25% more damage when low health - With Freeze Cam below 50% health

I did notice a possible bug.
    I played 2 round, got to tier 3, took a break and played survival... got myself a Chaos Key... Went back to Chaos Trials, finished Tier 3 and got to Tier 4 with no extra modifiers. Finishing Tier 4 gave me 4 modifiers, so it sort-of make up for the missing ones. 
  • @Fwuffy
    Yes, when a trap hit T7 the excess is converted to gibs, there's no cap of excess card..

and maybe not all Chaos Trial key are suppose to be doable... with all those modifier we'll surely get some trails that are goiing to be something else  ;)
  • The patch has removed my keybinding, and now I can't find how to put it back. I hate moving backwards with S, I set in to X instead in all my games. Please fix. Otherwise, looking forward to playing the new content, thanks.
  • FwuffyFwuffy Member
    @Fwuffy
    Yes, when a trap hit T7 the excess is converted to gibs, there's no cap of excess card..
    Just to be clear - you don't actually have to upgrade the trap to T7? As in for example, I can keep an uncommon card at Tier 1 at 1350/100 and when I eventually get it to T7 (which costs 1100) it will convert 250 gibs for me?
  • Fwuffy said:
    @Fwuffy
    Just to be clear - you don't actually have to upgrade the trap to T7? As in for example, I can keep an uncommon card at Tier 1 at 1350/100 and when I eventually get it to T7 (which costs 1100) it will convert 250 gibs for me?
    yes, you'll get the gibs only when the traps reach T7, if you get other cards for that trap, it will just add to what you already have, so more gibs when it will reach T7.

Before Patch 2.1 (when premium shop came), I had some traps that were over for 9K-11K cards,
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    I am actually quite happy with this update, even if it didn't have everything I wanted and we needed. This was a good patch. For once, I can't criticize. Good on you, Robot.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    i don't like the Deadeye tease because this feels like the Bloodspike and Temper teaser and it took months for them to be available
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    Axony said:
    i don't like the Deadeye tease because this feels like the Bloodspike and Temper teaser and it took months for them to be available
    I don't know about Bloodspike, but I'm pretty sure Temper only took so long because he was teased shortly before they made the decision to remove Siege, which gave them a lot more on their plates with a higher priority.
  • netercolnetercol Member
    edited June 22
    just got gibs in the place of a trap part (double tank accumulator) out of a riftlord chest.. surely that cant be right..

edit :
    just occurred to me, possibly there is a cap to how many you can have of a certain trap part?
  • Higher levels start to feel like endless. You have to stack CCs, avoid being hit at all costs, etc.. Not definitely a bad thing, but limits your choices. You tied keys to achievements, and gave us only the rift lord one. Can we now why? Why can't I enter the game and have 4 keys, as I have unlocked all of these difficulties? It is not hard to find a party with key for now, but it will become harder later. And I planned to test this mode on apprentice difficulty, before wasting my rift lord's key.

And who gives random bomb spell + indestructible barricades rubble in one set for the first key?! You monsters... Those f.. f.. f.. I need to get away from the barricades moments.. 

P.S. Is it intentional that bombs hit the barricades even when you are separated by the wall from them?  Not like tiny wall, but let's say you are on the other passage, and hug the wall when it detonates
  • @netercol Yes your parts get converted to gibs when you don't need anymore. As in, you have one part to every trap that can take it.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • netercol said:
    just got gibs in the place of a trap part (double tank accumulator) out of a riftlord chest.. surely that cant be right..

edit :
    just occurred to me, possibly there is a cap to how many you can have of a certain trap part?
    There is. If you have more duplicate of a part than traps in which you can put it, the excess is converted to gibs.
  • netercolnetercol Member
    @EffingWorms @donnerstag

cool. thanks guys.