In your humble opinion, what does Omdu need the most now?

rayleiraylei Member
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Just curious, ya know?

Please vote :D 
What does Omdu need the most now? Not just small changes. If there would be a big patch that focuses on one of the following, which one do you think Omdu need most(assuming that there are enough resources and all these resources available will be used to implement the patch )?

I voted "Other" because we need more than 10 options for polling. We need 20 options! We cannot make more than 10 options in the poll. I would vote ALL.
So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.

In your humble opinion, what does Omdu need the most now? 77 votes

Hero Balance
2%
Abel23Treak 2 votes
Trap/Parts Balance
2%
LVmonkeygeaux 2 votes
Sabotage re-balancing(Separate from Survival)
9%
yobbobearvleymorzCosmonautXXAxonyBeigeMidnightVarthftwSlaughtermelon 7 votes
Guild System/More descriptive system on traps,cards, etc
10%
lipucdjediMidnightTcuJazzArtistCremoAcanthisPassanCatLunaSlingElSolPinkBuffalo22 8 votes
New Traps/Parts
12%
SonaLemartesSeanPoeZenOfAngerSerenity130SpacePhoenixArchonautDominoEdantethepunisherPloekken 10 votes
New Maps
28%
ProtoZealottKaXaSArandomrussYeldarbGorksterSortuneToshiolordbeefSenatorBirdMairnaiJasionetercolWynardtagePraestigiatorBloodessCdrKeenxombobTheetisphattonyweisheng195 22 votes
New Game Mode(addition to Chaos Trails)/New system(for life
7%
pandainshortsverizonwirelessvrmlbasicAwesomeBasterdKirrrQuesoWizard 6 votes
New Cosmetics(skins, UI, voice-over, effects...)
0%
New Heroes/Gears(where is dat orc archer lady or dual-wielding tank lady!)
12%
Druittaxiswolfstarrmills963LorelleShalvarisEffingWormsDaTeddyBearxpendersxFireEagleSipfe 10 votes
More poll options (need more than 10)/Other
12%
ZenyrrayleimdragoonGustavoMHypovolemicapingu3ddyPericlumAmugaKoucp 10 votes
Post edited by raylei on

Comments

• HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited June 2017
    More poll options (need more than 10)/Other
    IMHO, what it needs most is best summarized as "polish". I think the core gameplay is fun and well developed and I'm optimistic that Chaos Trials will add a lot of replayability, but there are still a bunch of play control, UI and general QoL issues.  That means stuff like:
    • Full controller support. It's part of the game. It should be fully functional. Even if only 5% of PC players care.
    • Dashboard improvements. The new full screen dashboard solves the biggest issue. I think the second biggest issue is how Parts are managed/assigned. After that, there are lots of little things.
    • Reworks on some of the old heroes who still have clunky play control and too much of Siege in them.
    • Bug fixes.
    • Better documentation. 
    After polish, I would say economy balance.  Epic/Rare traps are weak because they are perpetually under leveled, spring parts are too scarce, and the Gibs chests are severely overpriced. Evening out drop rates, making parts available in the "Deals", and dropping the Gibs chest cost to 2,000 Gibs would be my preferred fixes.
    Post edited by Hypovolemic on
  • New Heroes/Gears(where is dat orc archer lady or dual-wielding tank lady!)
    It's a hard decision. Since it's either balancing or new content.

Since sagotage is now a thing, balancing has to happen to avoid op strategies. But new content is always coming so more of everything would be great.

But overall at the moment heroes is something I really look forward to since all the heroes are really amazing.
  • New Traps/Parts
    I'm surprised by the current #1. I'd think maps would be really low on peoples' wants, as we received several new ones a relatively short time ago. I'm still finding new ways to minmax barricade placements and extend minion travel time on them to this day.
  • Guild System/More descriptive system on traps,cards, etc
    First, I need to make it a point to tell the world that I have no interest in guilds and such.
    I am only interested is the later part: More descriptive system on traps,cards, etc

• I would like more battlegrounds and heroes. 
  • More poll options (need more than 10)/Other
    DominoE said:
    I'm surprised by the current #1. I'd think maps would be really low on peoples' wants, as we received several new ones a relatively short time ago. I'm still finding new ways to minmax barricade placements and extend minion travel time on them to this day.
    Well, more maps, traps, and heroes is basically "more game". I think most people who've been playing for a while want these things. Just maybe not as their top priority. On the plus side, we're guaranteed to get all of the above at some point...
  • New Maps
    I wonder what will do chaos trial with need of new maps. It will add lot of replayability for every map (at lest I hope so).
  • ElSolElSol Member
    edited June 2017
    Guild System/More descriptive system on traps,cards, etc
    LunaSling said:
    First, I need to make it a point to tell the world that I have no interest in guilds and such.
    I am only interested is the later part: More descriptive system on traps,cards, etc

Same goes for me.
    A few of the descriptions are a bit strange. Like some say +10% decay time (Abklingzeit in german), but for what? My abilitys I guess. Or does Wall PhD affect all walls or just mine? The Decoy Trap says in german -15% health when you upgrade it. That is wrong I guess. Or an Upgrade Weaver says; reduces time by 0.5s, but from what original time, I do not know. So is it just a bit of time reduction or do I split in in half? Or one of Dobbins Sandstorm upgrade says, raises the damage the Sandstorm does, but actually it does no damage if you watch the little clip that shows you how it works. So it should say, adds damage to the Sandstorm.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Since the game is mostly PvE now, it will need new playable content regularly (maps, heroes, modes, traps, etc) to keep PvE players and progression engaged. Unless modes like Sabotage, Endless or Chaos Trials manage to make the replayability value of the game enormously big and players really enjoy playing them.

But as a long time players, I would really appreciate a better information given about pretty much everything in the game. I hoped this problem that is mostly QoL but can affect player experience quite heavily would have been fixed or greatly reduced by release but it wasn't the case.

However, this patch has several of this changes, which is awesome and devs have hinted and confirmed some further changes and improvements in this area, so I hope it's done soon.
  • I second the "more polish" option. The game is great, but a lot of it still feels very beta. As people have mentionned, the descriptions of everything are very unclear and look rushed. And I will not even start on the localization. I don't know how it goes in other languages, but let me tell you that the french translation is all kinds of terrible. I've been meaning to start a thread about that; I should document every place I've found a badly written text or a translation mistake. There was a time when the character sometime spoke in english when most of their lines had been localized to french; now the french voice lines are nowhere to be found. This is the kind of problems that will make some people leave, because it makes the game look unfinished and amateur.

As for content, the best would be for the devs to complete the "core game" so they could focus on bringing in more content. Unfortunately, for now, most of their dev time must be taken by new systems and game design fixes that should have been done once the game was released out of beta, but weren't; which is why every patch note contains a long list of fixes and balance changes and much shorter one of actual new content.
    As for content, the best would be for the devs to complete the "core game" so they could focus on bringing in more content. Unfortunately, for now, most of their dev time must be taken by new systems and game design fixes that should have been done once the game was released out of beta, but weren't; which is why every patch note contains a long list of fixes and balance changes and much shorter one of actual new content.
    I don't think that's a fair criticism. Have you seen the patch notes for MMOs like WoW or FF14? There's ALWAYS bug fixes and balance changes to be made. Here's just one example.

Now, yeah, more polish would be good. And, I'm guessing they'd appreciate help with the translations. But, we should really try to differentiate between "problems that ALWAYS exist" and "problems that can actually be solved."
    A lot of the options are counterintuitive here. More maps could mean anything from more maps being added to existing game modes to new maps being introduced. Adding a map to a game mode doesn't do as much as a brand new map.

In the same sense, a new game mode that offers new ways to use already existing assets could be viewed as more content for players to engage with. Ultimately I feel like a lot of the information available to the player hasn't been clearly expressed via the launcher and that helping players understand more about how things work would improve the experience. 

That said, I think a newer difficulty level would be the most interesting thing that could be added at the moment for a couple of reasons: it would likely add a new tier of drops, new items could be added to said tier of drops, and the coming chaos trials would be able to utilize the new maps for an even greater challenge than what already exists in rift lord. This would also be in the vein of new maps though....

so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    ElSol said:
    LunaSling said:

Same goes for me.
    A few of the descriptions are a bit strange. Like some say +10% decay time (Abklingzeit in german), but for what? My abilitys I guess. Or does Wall PhD affect all walls or just mine? The Decoy Trap says in german -15% health when you upgrade it. That is wrong I guess. Or an Upgrade Weaver says; reduces time by 0.5s, but from what original time, I do not know. So is it just a bit of time reduction or do I split in in half? Or one of Dobbins Sandstorm upgrade says, raises the damage the Sandstorm does, but actually it does no damage if you watch the little clip that shows you how it works. So it should say, adds damage to the Sandstorm.
    Thank you for pointing out that error with the Decoy description in German. I hadn't caught that one before!
    German Community Manager
  • WinwinWinwin Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @ElSol - Thanks for pointing that out. I've passed details to the QA team so they can investigate it further.
  • randomrussrandomruss Member, Early Access
    New Maps
    In my opinion, the developers have gotten lazy.  We used to have new maps all the time.  We've had patch after patch with new ways to rehash old content but no new actual content (maps).  I remember when the devs used to say that ideally, they would like no repeats in their maps meaning that they don't want a war mage map to show up again as a rift lord map etc.  What happened to that vision?  Instead, now they want you to play the same content over and over again in so many different ways that you become so utterly bored with the original content that you may not even want to try out new content when they finally come out with it.  I now only log in occasionally to get my daily reward and then promptly log out.  I'll start playing again when the devs stop being so lazy (maybe).
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    New Traps/Parts
    Lets hope we get new maps/traps/traits on a regular basis from here on since the game now has 3 different modes and several paths to farm your cards.

All upcoming changes to Sabo look really good and should make it a lot more fun to play.

@randomruss - Have you ever played an MMO (or any other video game ???) - most of these you play the same content alot.  I remember farming some dungeons in WOW over 100 times to get the right stuff.  The grind of any game is going to be boring and means repeating content over and over.

• WatermelonsWatermelons Member
    edited June 2017
    Well,  a while ago i sat down and thought about Game Design in General, like, there are Games that make Fun but only for a while and there are Games that always draw me back to them, even tho they have nothing/few new Things added to them.
    The Difference?
    Interaction with other Players.
     TF2 is a good Example for that, even tho its Ancient i know that when i join to play a random Map, something will happen out of the ordinary to crack me up.
     When i play OMD via Matchmaker, most of the Time my Teammates dont say a Word besides Hi and GG and no one can actualy blame them, because the Timers are so tight, its hard to write anything besides put stuff here/dont here and do that/ dont do that.
     So in conclusion , i think a ingame Voicecht would be a good Thing to implement, so u can use your Mouth to communicate while the Hands can do all the Ork killing Stuff ;)
  • KaXaSAKaXaSA Member, Early Access
    New Maps
    Well, South American servers would be great but since that's not really an option and I already have 5 stars in all maps except one (endless last map) then I would love to have more maps. More traps would be nice too/ rework the traps that nobody uses.
  • randomrussrandomruss Member, Early Access
    New Maps
    @Lemartes Have you ever played an MMO (or any other video game ???).  MMOs have to constantly release new content to remain relevant.  That's why every MMO has new patches with new content and new expansions with new content or they die.  Even if they don't die, if they go long periods without new content the subscribers fall off.  Even regular non-MMO games release sequels because of the same reason.  And most video games actually aren't grindy contrary to your fallacious implication.  No one likes playing the same content over and over again.  Eventually, everyone gets sick of old content or we'd all still be playing pong.  It really isn't that hard of a concept to understand.  You assume  I (and many others) haven't been playing these levels over and over again (like 100 times) when in fact we have.  Maybe next time, don't make so many assumptions.  I just don't want to play them 1000s of times and I'm sure others don't either.

But hey some diehard fanboys are going be apologists for substandard development and those are the people that encourage the development of substandard games.  So congratulations on supporting mediocracy.  I did enjoy this game (and it's predecessors) at one point so I'd like to hold them to a higher standard - especially since at one point they were releasing new content quickly and living up to that standard.
  • CdrKeenCdrKeen Member, Apprentice Founder
    New Maps
    Since the game is mostly PvE now, it will need new playable content regularly (maps, heroes, modes, traps, etc) to keep PvE players and progression engaged. Unless modes like Sabotage, Endless or Chaos Trials manage to make the replayability value of the game enormously big and players really enjoy playing them.

But as a long time players, I would really appreciate a better information given about pretty much everything in the game. I hoped this problem that is mostly QoL but can affect player experience quite heavily would have been fixed or greatly reduced by release but it wasn't the case.

[...]

Mainly this - for new players, the experience and playability is very good. But when you're done with most of the maps and heroes and not that much in PvP, there are not so much goals to aquire after all. When leveling and completing maps, you'll get rewards mostly every round and the game feels progressive. But when you're done, after completing the quests and checking the daily deals, the progression is not as satisfying as it could be.
    pogo!