New Hero Deadeye (coming soon)

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    I speak no French so I'm going to leave the competent answers to @SmorcMeGoFace. However, I would like to point out that Oeil Puant and Patte Noire sound so unbelievably sophisticated and elegant, I just want to have them both engraved on gold plates and hung up in my office to make it look fancy.
    German Community Manager
  • The fact that "Oeil Puant" can sound sophisticated to non-french speakers only proves that the french were really successful at marketing their language... Trust me, for a native speaker, it's really ugly. :)
    Also, stop putting my stuff on everything you own! :D
  • well like you said that's because he do not speak french  ;), because as a french native speaker also... I would'nt be putting "Oeil Puant" on nothing  :s
  • That is curious becuase in the Spanish translations the heroes keep the English languange version.
  • SmorcMeGoFaceSmorcMeGoFace Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @Donnerstag
    I will be very happy to hear your feedback on the French Loca my friend, please feel free to share your thoughts in a thread on our French sub-forum and we can talk about it there more specifically ^.^

Oeilprécis non? J'admet que Deadeye sonne un peu plus combatif haha :D
    French Community Manager
  • DonnerstagDonnerstag Member
    edited July 4
    Oeildelynx ? :D
    Deadeye is still better. If I was in charge of names, I would have given her a more "real" one, especially since we already have a something-eye named hero. But since it's been chosen already, let us at least stay consistent and keep it untranslated. :)
  • Deadeye may be the nickname. Why not "Kendra, the deadeye"?
  • "Deadeye" is an American colloquialism for "expert marksman". Is there a French equivalent?
  • nope, nothing equivalent to that in french...

it would translante to "tireur d'elite' that would be "expert marksman"
    or "precis" that would mean "accurate"

nothing as cool as Deadeye 
  • nope, nothing equivalent to that in french...

it would translante to "tireur d'elite' that would be "expert marksman"
    or "precis" that would mean "accurate"

nothing as cool as Deadeye 
    Ah, bummer. Maybe untranslated is best then? What did they do with Stinkeye? His name only makes sense as a synonym of an idiom ("stink eye" ~ "evil eye" ~ "curse").
  • I think it's Stinkeye also in French (well I play in english) @Donnerstag did mention earlier that no other hero had their name translated, it was only the case of deadeye

• Indeed, the other heroes' names have not been translated. It's actually pretty alright; english names tend to sound good to a french speaker. I don't think anyone mind that the names are in english; they actually sound cooler this way.
  • New about Deadeye, her background and skills. She is half-elf! (and half-orc)

https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/blog/designing_deadeye
  • Void2258Void2258 Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Another character clearly designed for Siege before it was killed. With the exception of her passive which was probably redesigned, her abilities, just like Midnight's, all look like they would be more effective in Hero-Hero fights than against huge minion waves.
  • Void2258 said:
    Another character clearly designed for Siege before it was killed. With the exception of her passive which was probably redesigned, her abilities, just like Midnight's, all look like they would be more effective in Hero-Hero fights than against huge minion waves.
    Can't scrap every idea, she at least looks interesting to play.
    I like mostly survival and am looking to five star the rest of the RL maps that I need. I don't want to focus CT until those are done.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    it all depends on her dmg output.
    If her basic attacks deal similar dmg to Max then she is just a bad version of Max
  • Axony said:
    it all depends on her dmg output.
    If her basic attacks deal similar dmg to Max then she is just a bad version of Max
    Nope nothing like him.

The only thing similiar is that they both use crossbows.
  • xpendersxxpendersx Member
    edited July 17
    i just hope she does top tier damage, but from the hero overview it looks like max is stronger and god i hope i'm really wrong on this

• DaTeddyBearDaTeddyBear Member
    edited July 17
    Nope she's probably correctly balanced.
    Since she's been out in china for 6 months.

Also just checked her primary damage is 8 and max's is 6 (At level 1). The video probably doesn't have the same account level.
  • xpendersxxpendersx Member
    edited July 17
    Nope she's probably correctly balanced.
    Since she's been out in china for 6 months.

Also just checked her primary damage is 8 and max's is 6 (At level 1). The video probably doesn't have the same account level.
    i have no clue how the primary attack numbers work, but it is a relief she is atleast a bit stronger then max :P still hope we can do some high endless game's with her!

anyway thank you for the info teddy