iMage Bugs -- Please report all bugs relating to iMage in this thread

xombobxombob Member
edited June 25 in Bugs & Technical Issues
We were playing Cliffside Clash when the new mercenery spawned, and no matter how many times we killed any of his copies he didnt die. Also according to the update info he is supposed to split into 4 copies, one of which is the real one, but we only saw two of him and both were lighting type as far as I could tell. The map also showed only 2 copies of him. We even had them both die at the same time to make sure we didnt just somehow kill the wrong one all the time and still they just respawned.

I was using hogarth and my friend was using bionka if that matters.
Post edited by sashimiak on

Comments

• StraggyStraggy Member
    edited June 20
    Same here. Played chaos trials on crogon keep RL, the iMage died and an illusion kept spawning over and over.
    Here's a video.

https://youtu.be/PVeTnWtyNpE
  • WinwinWinwin Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    @xombob - We've received one other report of clones persisting after the original has been killed. To clarify, two were showing on your map? Did you receive a message that the original had been killed?
  • NerbilNerbil Member, Early Access
    Yes, this new boss isn't killable. No clones were ever made, just one boss, who doesn't ever die. He shows up on the map as a small star, he goes invisible when his health reaches zero, and then he comes back with full health.
  • ObibiObibi Member
    Hi, this is very strange, I had a similar issue.

I played on RL on the Baths, and managed to kill the IMage quite easily.

However, I played Chaos Trials on Thuricvod Gates, and there, I had a problem with the famous IMage...

But...The original stayed beyond the boundary (I think this is the original cause he was the only one to stay here) but his clones kept coming to kill us.
    And of course, each time we killed his clones, they just respawned since the original was still alive, safe beyond the boundary.
    (Dunno if it can help you, but he spawned on the right southern lane).
  • I also had a problem with him on gates of thuricvod. After I killed the original one with the defeat message properly popping up, one copy kept existing and annoying me. I have one idea what may have caused this, but since I'm still pretty unfamiliar with the IMage, I'm not sure.
    I think I killed the original one and the last copy roughly at the same time and my guess is that it may have been caused by the clone still being in the death/revive animation since the original one wasn't dead yet. Since the original one died at that time the game may have missed its trigger to wipe out the last copy, maybe thought that it was gonna die.
    But, again, this is just a guess.
  • JasioJasio Member
    I had this issue as well on the Throne Room level. He spawned at the left gate and it looked like he got stuck in the wall at first. Most of the time two icons showed on the map but there was three at one point.
  • This just happened to me on Cliffside Clash, there were 3 stars on the map, one large and two small. The large star (the real IMage) was stuck behind the gate and would not move. Even worse the gate was guarded by an anti-player ballista so we couldn't get an angle on him to defeat him (this was the left gate). The two small stars were ice and fire flavored and we were stuck with them the rest of the match.
  • ObibiObibi Member
    Jasio said:
    I had this issue as well on the Throne Room level. He spawned at the left gate and it looked like he got stuck in the wall at first. Most of the time two icons showed on the map but there was three at one point.
    Something like that ? 
     http://imgur.com/a/gEuBj 
  • xombobxombob Member
    Winwin said:
    @xombob - We've received one other report of clones persisting after the original has been killed. To clarify, two were showing on your map? Did you receive a message that the original had been killed?
    Yes, only 2 copies showed on the map. Not sure if there was more at the time he spawned. I dont remember getting a message that he was killed, but its possible I have just missed it if there was.

However, I think this happened again in a random matched game, this time there was 3 copies but seemed like no matter which copy we killed he just didnt go away until the whole match ended.
  • AngsttAngstt Member
    edited June 22
    Also happened to me on Throne Room last night. Was playing endless. The killable iMage either got stuck in the wall or floor just north of the southern spawn (star was shown on map, but no enemy was there), and 2 copies came up and irritated us for about 11 waves at the killbox without being able to get rid of them.
  • phagyphagy Member
    edited June 22
    it just happened to me too at cliff side clash master at the left side spawn but out of the 4 image , 3 were out fighting our guardians dying and respawning while the real one stayed hidden inside the wave spawn point. where its protected by the ballista. overall I just ignored it and cleared the game.
  • Giedriusd0Giedriusd0 Member
    edited June 22
    Survival, Throne Room, Rift Lord IMage got stuck behind the barrier where minions spawn. He kept making clones the whole match, one of them got stuck in the river, don't know how that happened.

http://imgur.com/a/Licgb
  • xombobxombob Member
    phagy said:
    it just happened to me too at cliff side clash master at the left side spawn but out of the 4 image , 3 were out fighting our guardians dying and respawning while the real one stayed hidden inside the wave spawn point. where its protected by the ballista. overall I just ignored it and cleared the game.
    Yep I can confirm that the right copy is indeed either getting stuck inside walls or spawn, which might explain the unkillable copies roaming around with the real guy nowhere to be seen. Heres a screenshot: https://s4.postimg.org/piez4pzn1/20170622235743_1.jpg

Cliffside Clash, master, left spawn.
    To clarify, are you seeing this in every map which he appears, or only on certain maps? Once I have that final detail, I'll pass everything along to the QA team so they can investigate further on our end.
    @Giedriusd0 - To keep iMage reports consolidated, I have merged your thread with the existing bug report thread.
  • ShalvarisShalvaris Member
    edited June 22
    Looks like whats happening to you is the same for me xombob

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/844837566939876240/9D6FDFCC6B752BA6F482015A20A4E45118A0F156/

attached screen shot of the rock that he got stuck in for me.

Best guess that i can tell from watching him get stuck is when the mage spawns and he is too close to a wall, when he creates his copies next to him one of them ends up inside a wall, and if that one is chosen as the real one then he just gets stuck there forever

cliffside clash, master, right spawn

• NerbilNerbil Member, Early Access
    For me it was on Throne Room on the Chaos Trials (2nd tier trial). I never could find more than one iMage, I expect he was stuck in a wall or something. Constant killing of his clone did nothing, and he stuck around until I completed the challenge.
  • SialeedsSialeeds Member
    I've had this guy bug out a few times. This time I actually realized it. One clone had gotten stuck inside a wall and I was not able to kill it. http://imgur.com/a/FrYG8 SS of him inside a wall.

• Just wait for the new iMage2S, I heard this one won't be as buggy at launch. ;)
  • AngsttAngstt Member
    Had this bug a second time on Throne Room Endless (1 player, Hogarth). I killed one of them rather quickly from the south spawn with a long range axe throw (Second set of Merc spawns), and got the iMage destroyed message, but the lightning copy stayed up the rest of the game zapping me. Couldn't get rid of him. No other stars stayed on the map like it was the night before when one of the iMages got stuck in the wall/floor at the south spawn.