Server Maintenance and Hotfix - June 27, 2017

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
Hello War Mages!

There will be a small hotfix on Tuesday. This will require server downtime beginning at 7:00 a.m. Central time on Tuesday, June 27. Maintenance is expected to last 2 hours. Not sure what time that is in your local timezone? This handy link should help you out: https://time.is/Dallas

During the maintenance, we'll be making several updates to the game:
  • Several skills have been updated to cap the number of enemies they can strike. This will not affect general gameplay but should mitigate stalling tactics.
  • Cygnus’ Pylon cooldown has increased from 5 to 10 seconds and the duration has also increased from 15 to 20 seconds.
  • Master and Rift Lord Chaos Trials now increase in difficulty faster to challenge the most skilled OMDU players. We heard your feedback that the current difficulty was not quite high enough.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause HTemper skills to become disabled in Chaos Trials with the gear disable modifier.
For up to date server and maintenance information, follow @OMDservers on Twitter!
Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• KjubyKjuby Member
    It's kinda wierd to balance characters (nerf i mean) in PVE game.
  • First, please be more specific about nerfs.
    Second, who the f said it was easy? Now you will be able to complete Rift Lord key only with 3 85+ lvl players
  • ElSolElSol Member
    @Harmonia @Shadedev can you tell us more please about the changes to SEVERAL skills?

Are less skilled players now getting lower level keys? Cause I can't compete with highlevel players at all, but now I also can't win/finish thoses keys? Seems to be a bit demoralizing.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    We need a list which skills are affected and the number of hit enemies.
    I have an idea that it will be Ivy's Rightclick and Tundra's Freeze
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    edited June 27
    Ivy's right click already had an enemy limit, I thought.  And a pretty low one too of like, six enemies if I can recall correctly (to the point where if they decrease it any further, they'll probably have to rename it from its current name of "Penetrating Shot")

I don't think Reach of Roots had a limit though, although after the previous stalling nerf to it, I'm not sure if any further nerfs to it are necessary.
  • FwuffyFwuffy Member
    Second, who the f said it was easy? 
    Here you go, first post in the feedback thread said "too easy". Nevermind who said it, or that "appropriate (difficulty)" was probably what most of the other people were saying.
  • "Master and Rift Lord Chaos Trials now increase in difficulty faster to challenge the most skilled OMDU players. We heard your feedback that the current difficulty was not quite high enough."
    Like the way the Chaos trials are atm, weren't stressful Enough!
    Bomb > ogre Spudge > knock back combo, what basically makes the hero useless most of the time, now what? Fire Ogres, Mountain Trolls and 1 Rift Point at tier 4?
    Who the hell said it was easy?
    and the announcement says "Hey, don't worry, not all adds are bad, you see, you can get 2x potions and half cades price", they just forget to mention that if you pick them you'll blind for half of the game and cades are basically useless when u get eternal rubble (and you'll DEFINITELY get one at some point, with a bonus prize of fire ogres/Gnoll Granadiers/bomb spell, or basically anything that explodes the cades because they are made of butter wood).
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    It was supposed to be extremely hard to complete a Rift Lord Chaos Trial Key and this wasn't the case for a lot of people.

Many are consistently going past Tier 10 without much trouble, that was underwhelming atleast for me.

I understand that this might be the 0.1% of the players problem, but if people maxed isn't having much of a challenge with the Chaos Trials, then the mode loses a lot of it's attraction.

• yuelandyueland Member
    First i do not apreciate a 1gb download every week, since i have a slow connection of 3mb so i have to wait 1 hour or more
    Second i only see nerfs for those characters i like and buff for those who are a pain in the.... so nobody play wiht them, should you make premium characters so you avoid nerfing them?
  • Harmonia said:
    • Several skills have been updated to cap the number of enemies they can strike. 
    @Harmonia
     Please elaborate on that more
  • harleqharleq Member
    1 gb dl for hotfixes and nerfs. The optimization is lacking. I like that the difficulty has been raised for people who p2w while people who don't gets shafted. Makes sense I guess. They're the paying customers.
  • DominoEDominoE Member
    Still waiting on the first bulletpoint to be clarified. A lot of stuff in game is still full of ambiguities and vagueness without us having to do even more trial-and-error and guesswork because of this. There's no reason to leave us in the dark.
  • AxonyAxony Member
    i think (after testing a bit) that
    Ivy's rightclick knocks less minions
    Tundra's lvl10 weaver upgrade for his rightclick hits less minions (i think max 4)
    Zoey's rightclick hits less minions
  • "Master and Rift Lord Chaos Trials now increase in difficulty faster to challenge the most skilled OMDU players. We heard your feedback that the current difficulty was not quite high enough."

If you cater to only the top .1% of the players that is all you will have playing the game.  There also seems to be a trend in fixing things that are not an issue or changing up the maps in ways that only force me to play a different way.  It feels like this game is already going the way of WoW with some of the updates.  We will see what happens with this. 

I don't want to come across as too salty however, the chaos trials are great, I love playing them and have about quit playing sabotage or survival modes because it is that much fun.

• mdragoonmdragoon Member
    Axony said:
    Tundra's lvl10 weaver upgrade for his rightclick hits less minions (i think max 4)
    Confirming Penetrating Arrow now hits up to 4 Targets.
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    mdragoon said:
    Axony said:
    It's more than that.  It looks like it's at least 18 light minions.  They also increased the damage of penetrating arrow by around 30%.

• DominoEDominoE Member
    mdragoon said:
    Axony said:
    SeanPoe said:
    mdragoon said:
    Axony said:
    It's more than that.  It looks like it's at least 18 light minions.  They also increased the damage of penetrating arrow by around 30%.

Maybe it's a little more dynamic than that now, and hits more minions if they're small, and fewer if they're large? I can't say, it's purely a guess. But it makes sense. And guessing is all we can really do since Robot likes being extremely vague with nearly everything. Even different individuals' testing is yielding different results for everyone.